Replacing "\\" with "\"

Hi all

I'm getting this value from a CheckBoxList control - a location of file, i have to remove "\\" and replace it with "\" and pass it to Query, how to do it, i tried with Replace, but coud'nt suceed.

"\\\\Blaze10xp\\BLZ_SFS_07\\Sample Excel Files\\Excel Files\\report2.xls"

thank's in advance

- Prakash.C

0
prakashdotc

you tried Replace like this?

string newstring = oldstring.Replace(@"\\",@"\");

Plese, do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Thanx!

My blog: Scenes From A Developer Memory
0
dt008
9/27/2007 12:02:11 PM

yes i tried like that then also it shows that "invalid escape seqeance..."

no-one haven't came across this problem yet....?

please any solution

Prakash.C

0
prakashdotc

replace the "." with a ","

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace("\","/") in c#
Hi Guys Please can you help me with the above command, I am getting an error CS1010: Newline in constant  this is what i was using temptxt.Replace("\", "/"); thanks in advance hesh   orangelightblub:"\" Didn't test this but I think it should be"\\" or @"\"instead.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Legend! Thanks Hesh  Hi XIII          Can you explain what is @ in the replace fun...

"Using" or "With"

"-" not "_"

"Me" is better than "You"

Using "+" or "||"

"To" and "From" missing

double quote

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

pulling out "a","an", "the" from beginning of strings
I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of title strings so that they sort properly in MySQL. What is the best way to accomplish that if I have a single $scalar with the whole title in it? Thanks, Tim -- Tim McGeary tim.mcgeary@lehigh.edu --=-weUphL4mkB1WR5g+DMDc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:04, Tim McGeary wrote: > I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of=20 >...

Web resources about - Replacing "\\" with "\" - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Tests Replacing Keyword Ad Targeting With Broad Category Targeting
Facebook is testing a major functionality change for its self-serve performance ad tool that would replace the specific Like keyword targeting ...

The Dangers of Replacing Coil Springs on Your Vehicle - Bonus Clip - YouTube
In this episode of Saturday Mechanic bonus clip, Ben and Russ show what happens when a coil spring compressor fails. Subscribe today for more! ...

School apologises for taking cane off blind boy and replacing it with pool noodle
A primary school has apologised for taking away the cane of an eight-year-old blind boy and replacing it swimming pool noddle as a form of punishment. ...

Federation Centres stuns market by replacing CEO Steven Sewell with Angus McNaughton effective immediately ...
Retail landlord Federation Centres has surprised the market with the&nbsp;appointment of&nbsp;former Novion Property's Angus McNaughton as the ...

Replacing China's broken economic gauge
As Chinese growth shifts away from its reliance on heavy industry, we need a new index to the track the ups and downs of the economy.

Inner south residents worried about high-rises replacing public housing flats
Residents say the&nbsp;government&nbsp;is over-developing its inner south blocks to maximise their sale value.

Apache Software Foundation unveils Hadoop 2, replacing MapReduce with YARN
The Apache Software Foundation unveiled its latest release of its open source data processing program, Hadoop 2. It runs multiple applications ...

Australia spends $110 million a year replacing lost coins
Australians lose 255 million coins every year - down the back of our couches, taken overseas in the pockets of tourists and stuck to footpaths. ...

Tweets Replacing Resumes - Twitter Becomes Job-Hunting Tool
Forget paper resumes, your next job could hang on a 140-letter tweet.

A case of one bad government replacing another
THERE is a widening gap between the sort of government a Tony Abbott-led Coalition will need to become to steer the nation successfully in the ...