replacing default value

hiii there..!!!

          i have a textbox named cevent and a field  named memid in database. if i don enter  anything in cevent txtbox then   memid field in database takes the default value but if i enter smthin in cevent textbox then in memid field the value shuld b replaced by the txtbox value.

                  mya i knw hw  do i fix this..???

thanx.

-1
saida

If you want to fix an old problem, kindly post the code.

If it is a new requirement and you are going to implement it then it can be done easily.

Plz clarify

Joydeep Sen
Dotnet Developer

Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.
This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers

1
joydeepsen
2/19/2009 10:26:21 AM

you could try this code in your code-behind

{

string boxa = Convert.ToString(TextBox1);string labela = Convert.ToString(Label1);

labela = boxa;

}

Ryan Felton
Cape Town, South Africa

Great programmers are not born. They are compiled
1
ryafel

passing values to .net web form application
Hi Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application (designed using PB 11.1) from other web application? My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form application) to my web application with user information. Thanks & Regards, Anbazhagan From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual: >>> Starting an application with command line parameters If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the...

Send e-mail with web form values (vb.net)
I'm sure this is very simple but;I have a form with numerous (<50) textbox controls and related Label controls; ie: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Last Name: "></asp:Label> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>When the form is submitted I want to loop through each label control and textbox control and get their Text values for the e-mail without specifying each control. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to do this?Any assistance appreciated greatly!   Here is a solution for you in VB.net:http://www.extremeexperts.com/...

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Checking Form Element's Default Values to determine if Form Has Changed
Has anyone else attempted to write a function that does this in javascript? I have successfully created a function that does so, but it doesn't seem to work due to postbacks. What the function does is loops through the form and checks each element. It checks the element to see if it's default value = current value. This works 100% except for it seems when postbacks happen the element's default values are reset to the current values. So the original default values are lost. Arg! Any ideas? I can post the javascript if needed. Thanks all!   P.S. If there's a better way to check if t...

Web resources about - replacing default value - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Tests Replacing Keyword Ad Targeting With Broad Category Targeting
Facebook is testing a major functionality change for its self-serve performance ad tool that would replace the specific Like keyword targeting ...

The Dangers of Replacing Coil Springs on Your Vehicle - Bonus Clip - YouTube
In this episode of Saturday Mechanic bonus clip, Ben and Russ show what happens when a coil spring compressor fails. Subscribe today for more! ...

School apologises for taking cane off blind boy and replacing it with pool noodle
A primary school has apologised for taking away the cane of an eight-year-old blind boy and replacing it swimming pool noddle as a form of punishment. ...

Federation Centres stuns market by replacing CEO Steven Sewell with Angus McNaughton effective immediately ...
Retail landlord Federation Centres has surprised the market with the&nbsp;appointment of&nbsp;former Novion Property's Angus McNaughton as the ...

Replacing China's broken economic gauge
As Chinese growth shifts away from its reliance on heavy industry, we need a new index to the track the ups and downs of the economy.

Cricket officials discuss replacing Michael Clarke with Steven Smith as full-time Australian captain
Senior Australian cricket figures have discussed the option of appointing Steven Smith as the country's permanent captain beyond the World Cup, ...

Apache Software Foundation unveils Hadoop 2, replacing MapReduce with YARN
The Apache Software Foundation unveiled its latest release of its open source data processing program, Hadoop 2. It runs multiple applications ...

Australia spends $110 million a year replacing lost coins
Australians lose 255 million coins every year - down the back of our couches, taken overseas in the pockets of tourists and stuck to footpaths. ...

AMD appoints Lisa Su as first female CEO, replacing Rory Read
AMD has appointed Lisa Su chief executive officer to replace Rory Read, swapping an executive who has stabilised the second-biggest chipmaker's ...

A case of one bad government replacing another
THERE is a widening gap between the sort of government a Tony Abbott-led Coalition will need to become to steer the nation successfully in the ...