Remove controls dynamically!

 I have 4 datagrids on a page and depending on a few parameters leading to that page I want to remove two of them.

if(parameter1)

    this.Controls.Remove(datagrid3);
    this.Controls.Remove(datagrid4);

}

This piece of code does not seem to work. Whats the proper way to remove a control that was added at design time, during run-time?

0
sagittarian

 Dear Freind,

You can't remove the controls added at the design time, if you wants to remove the controls dynamically, then add them dynamically only.

Happy Coding.

Wink

Cool
0
rajeshthehotty
12/17/2007 4:32:04 AM

It should be ur form name

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

        <!--

           Your asp.net controls here

        -->

    </form>

if(parameter1)

    form1.Controls.Remove(datagrid3);
    form1.Controls.Remove(datagrid4);

}
Nital Soni

Don't forget to MARK AS ANSWER if the post is helpful to you.
0
nital
12/17/2007 5:36:55 AM

Easiest way is to hide these controls:

datagrid3.Visible = false;
datagrid4.Visible = false;

Sure, it is possible to remove controls dynamically. You have to remove controls from its parent container. So, if your grids are located in Panel with ID "panel1", then you have to remove these controls with

Page.panel1.Controls.Remove(datagrid3);
Page.panel1.Controls.Remove(datagrid4);

So check the parent of your grids first and then write correct code. And of course your code has to be executed during the page life cycle.

[MCPD: WEB]
0
Nail
12/17/2007 6:29:40 AM

Nail:

Easiest way is to hide these controls:

datagrid3.Visible = false;
datagrid4.Visible = false;

Sure, it is possible to remove controls dynamically. You have to remove controls from its parent container. So, if your grids are located in Panel with ID "panel1", then you have to remove these controls with

Page.panel1.Controls.Remove(datagrid3);
Page.panel1.Controls.Remove(datagrid4);

So check the parent of your grids first and then write correct code. And of course your code has to be executed during the page life cycle.

No Nail, You will not find any Page.panel1.  If the control to be deleted is within a panel, you will need to get a reference of that panel first. Page.Form.panel1 or form1.panel1 both don't exit. Alternativelly one has to write like this:

Panel p = (Panel)Page.Form.FindControl("Panel1");

 p.Controls.Remove(TextBox1);

Regards,

Ivan.

0
Ivan

Dynamic Slave Controls
I am working a solution to enhance slave controls. I have created a proof of concept based on the 2.04 code base that shows how to load slave controls without switching to the admin view. I have included a sample module that contains 3 view controls. Each control has a row of buttons that can be used to load one of the other 2 controls. (and no I am not using panels.) The default control has a drop down of other instances of the dynamic control that exist on the current tab. Using the module communicator you can raise an event from one control that tells another instance of the module what c...

Web Form Dynamic Control
Hello, I have a web form using .net 2.0.  When the user finishes entering in information it is mailed.  This works fine. Now I need to be able to dynmaicly add addtional controls. Basicly have a "Add Additonal Names" button, when user clicks this a row and cells are added to the webform table, and two textoboxes and a radiobutton list is added. What is the best way to do this?   -TFTH Bryan The easiest way is to place the controls on the page and set their visible value to false. Then in the button click event change their state to visible. The visible var in a contro...

Dynamically created controls in web form
Hi there. This is bit of an open ASP.Net (C#) question with regards to dynamically created controls and in particular tabular or panel controls. What I currently have is a web page that creates between 1 and 6  tables, each of which holds specific data about a set of products, each table (or panel, if you want) has a couple of multi-line TextBoxes and a few other controls, all lined up in a set format. The number is determined by the data records returned from a database table. My question is what is a best way to create these tables of data at run time?  Has anybody else had e...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

Dynamically creating controls in Web forms
I am able to create a web control programmatically and display on the form. In the click event of the button then I am trying to capture the value entered in the above created textbox in another click of button but I am unable to obtain the reference of the control that has been created dynamically. Can anyone help me please? protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel myPanel; private void btnMake_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TextBox txtBox = new TextBox(); myPanel.Controls.Add(txtBox); } private void btnGotValues_Click(object sender, System...

Dynamically add control to web form
Hi, How can I add controls dynamically to the web form on run time.I have button called 'Add more controls'. When I click this button the code should generate one control(textbox, or Dropdownlist) to the form.If I click this button again it should add one more control to the page etc.How I can achieve this functionality? Thanks.. You could always add the control to the form at runtime and set the visibility to false. When you click the button you want to to add the control to the page, just set the visibility property of the control to true.Erin...

Looping through controls in VB.Net Web Form
I need to disable every imagebutton. In VB6, I would have done it like this: 1 Dim iButton As ImageButton 2 For Each iButton In Me.Controls 3 iButton.Enabled = False 4 Next In .Net, I get a "Specified cast is not valid" errror on line 2. Using Page.controls in place of Me.Controls also produces the same error. So, I tried this (and multiple variations): 1 Dim ibControl As Object 2 For Each ibControl In Me.Controls 3 If TypeOf ibControl Is ImageButton Then 4 ...

Dynamic Generation of Web Forms in C#.net
I am new to c# and vs.net studio as such and am seekin help for my project. It deals with generating webforms at runtime by takin in inputs from the user. The user will input no. of webfroms to be generated and all the attributes he want in them. I have got the datamodel right for this where all the info by the user is stored in sql server database. During runtime my application should read it from that database and based upon that generated these .aspx forms which can be posted online for use. I think it would help if you explained what the application would accomplish. It sounds like yo...

dynamically creating html controls on web form
hello all, I'm creating html <input type="file" name="test" id="test" runat="server"> dynamically using Javascript on a .aspx page. when i submit the form i get Javascript "Access is denied" error. if i take out name attribute from input tag in javascript -  it is not throwing any javascript error but the file is not being uploaded to the server. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanx in advance     Maybe this is a security restriction imposed by the browser? I know there are several constrain...

Web resources about - Remove controls dynamically! - asp.net.web-forms