re-posting a page back to the server after a pop up form is closed

Is there a way to post-back a calling web form after a pop up form is closed to re-populate data?

Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCP
C# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA

"If I have answered your question please mark as answer"
0
jwaz1999

window.opener.location.reload();
0
stiletto
3/30/2005 3:01:58 AM
Ok.  But how do I trigger this event?

Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCP
C# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA

"If I have answered your question please mark as answer"
0
jwaz1999
3/31/2005 2:01:53 AM
Just place that line of javascript right before your call to window.close().
0
stiletto
3/31/2005 11:40:27 AM
Thanks Stiletto That worked.

Jeff

Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCP
C# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA

"If I have answered your question please mark as answer"
0
jwaz1999

Using Server.Redirect I am calling a web form. When I close the new form, the app closes.
How do I prevent closing the web application when I only want to close the form I have just opened?  I am using a linkbutton to open the new form.  It opens fine but when I close that form, the web application closes also.  any suggestions? D   Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. A Server.Redirect only tells your browser to retrieve a new webform and stays in the same browser so the behavior you're experiencing is correct. What behavior do you want to achieve? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark a...

Closeing popup form makes calling form post back
Hi All Can any1 give me a clue why my popup form called with java script forces the main form to post back when I close the popup form with a java script button here is what I am doing On the calling form I use a submit button to popup a model form as below function Button1_onclick() { window.showModalDialog("TemplateImage.aspx?Selection=1", null, 'status=no; dialogWidth:620px; dialogHeight:550px; dialogHide:true;help:no;scroll:no') } which works fine. I close the popup form with function closewindow_onclick() { window.close() } wh...

form within form
The form in the content page is simply accessing an ajax/google javascript function, but because the master page has the "form... runat=server" bit in it, when the form in the content page is submitted, it submits the main form, not the google map form!  I don't want any postback on the google content page javascript form, just a "<form name="addr" method="post" action="" onsubmit="javascript:..." so that it simply runs the javascript on the page without a post back... I investigated "attribute.add" but it seems I ...

Can you post a page back to the server without a form?
Can you post a page back to the server without a form from the HTML side? What are my options?  I am using Sharepoint with webparts that do not have a form in the code. I need to seperate a few things/functions based on some criteria that I can't get unless I submit the page back to the server.   any suggestions? Not sure if this is useful to help get me an answer But something like onclick="__doPostBack('CheckBox1','') but I all I want to do is post the entire page back....I dont care about checkboxes or txt boxes.  Just posting it back to s...

How to preserve values in a web form when navigating to a different page and then going back to the original page using the back button ?
   I am working on a C#/ASP.NET web application. The web application basically consist of 3 web forms. Each form contains several controls such as an edit box, and some drop down list box controls. Basically I need to find out how to preserve the values in a web form when a person navigates to a different page. For example, suppose that in my web application I navigate from my first page (First.aspx) to my second page (Second.aspx). Now if I press the browsers back button, I want the application to retain the values for the controls that were in my first web form "first....

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

Posting to Web Form with DropDownList from another form
I have a page with a drop down list that displays data on post back from the drop down list selected index change event. (call this form1) I need the ability to post to this page from another form (call this form2). there are about 6 options in form1. form2 will contain only 2 of these options displayed as simple hyperlinks. when the user clicks these links from form2 it needs to simply force a post back with that value from form2. id like to do this without javascript and id like to use the drop down list server control. anyone have a quick simple way to accomplish this? than...

Keeping the web form on top of all other forms/pages
Hi all,         I need to know how to keep my web page always on top...atleast let me know weather its possible...I dont want to  give focus to page when focus is lost. I dont want to intrupt any other application on the machine ( as focus does )...but yet let it float on the top ( even in disabled mode if possible)I kind of want to do something like setting the z-order to 1... Is there any api 'focus' uses to achieve this ( bring the page frount ).? Thanks in advance,Suman No, thankfully you can't do this from a web page - imagin...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web resources about - re-posting a page back to the server after a pop up form is closed - asp.net.web-forms

She’s A Slut. A Re-Posting.
(Originally posted here)Contents: Sexual Violence, Suicide, Ostracism Rehtaeh Parsons in Canada and Audrie Potts in the United States were teenage ...

Russia warns against re-posting opposition blogger
... prosecutors have warned against sharing online any information from protest leader and blogger Alexei Navalny, who is under house arrest and ...

Baby blogger Courtney Adamo devastated after Instagram temporarily shuts down account for re-posting ...
A London-based blogger was left devastated after Instagram deleted her account because she had shared a picture of her toddler which the site ...

Honeyed Speech, Moneyed Speech. A Re-Posting
Originally posted here, but still every bit as relevant. Money is always relevant, sadly.This post is about speech and money. The famous lefty ...