Quartz.Net donesn't work After Error Occured

hi

i have a quartz.net scheduler in my web application and it work fine ,fire the job according to my schedule time.

but, it there is an error in some method, it doesn't  file the job again for next day. why this happen?

i write this in my

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Quartz.ISchedulerFactory factory = new Quartz.Impl.StdSchedulerFactory();
            Quartz.IScheduler scheduler = factory.GetScheduler();
            Quartz.JobDetail job1 = new Quartz.JobDetail("job", null, typeof(MyJob));
            Quartz.Trigger trigger = Quartz.TriggerUtils.MakeDailyTrigger(00,00); // i edit this each time before compilation (for testing purposes)
            trigger.StartTimeUtc = Quartz.TriggerUtils.GetEvenSecondDate(DateTime.UtcNow);
            trigger.Name = "trigger";
            scheduler.ScheduleJob(job1, trigger);
            scheduler.Start();
        }

==============

 and i have a class call MyJob.cs

public void Execute(JobExecutionContext context)
        {
            try
            {
                BLL.DoScheduleProcess();
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                WriteToErrorLog("##ErrorStart##" + e.Message + e.StackTrace);
            }

        }

============

in BLL class, i write some method like this

public void DoScheduleProcess()

{

 methodA();

 methodB();

}

=========

let's say if i got the error in A or B , the quartz.net scheduler don't work or fire in next schedule time.

let's say Mon, Tue, Wed ok with no error and work fine

Thu, got error , Fri don't fire the schedule job at all

so far i google some forum and can't fine the correct answer to solve my problems

help me please

thank a lot

0
whiteleo

 hi

update for my post., i put logging to log error messages in every methods.

but.., it doesn't throw any error exception, i think the job scheduler doesn't start at all at schedule time

thank

0
whiteleo
4/24/2009 5:44:08 AM

Hi, I solved my problem.

Actually it is not Quartz.Net not fire the job trigger or not fire after some error occure.

The fact is , in the Server , we need to change setting in IIS properties.

It's because of website idle time.

Go to IIS , Search for your website name,  Right click it and select properties

u should see a check box (Idle the website after 20 min) , something like that.

Sorry for i can't tell u excetly , cause our Admin change that settings.

But this solved the problem.

Thank u all for ur time

Sorry for my bad english , Hope it help u in some way

^_^

0
whiteleo

System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
 Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

.NET Remoting
Hi,I'm trying to write Remote server object , when I write:using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channel.TcpIt looks like this namespace doesn't exist and I can't use instances of objects in this name space as I used in .NET 1.1When I look at the documentation, it looks like there is no change in the syntex or methodology.Can some one please help me.all the best,el System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Error in using a VB.NET .exe file on a computer that hasn't studio net installed
I've create an VB.Net Console Application and i'm trying to make the exe run on another computer that has, let's say windows 98. i've installed on this computer the net framework but it doesn't seem to be enough. what do i have to install also? i've used the following references in my application (if it has anything to do with this): Imports System.IO Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel I've also copied on the test computer Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the same folder as the exe file. It doesn't give so many error, but one: Object reference not set to an inst...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

My web sites don't work after reinstalling .NET 1.1
I have recently had a computer meltdown, so I've had to reinstall everything on a new hard disk. I have completely reinstalled the .NET framework (1.1) and have got my old sites working from my local IIS server apart from the ones written in ASP.NET. What's weird is the QuickStart tutorials (supplied with the ASP.NET SDK) all work. My old ASP.NET sites aren't doing anything very clever, they are in the C:\InetPub\wwwroot dir but will not process the .aspx pages inside. I've tried putting a simple text.aspx page in with a simple 'Response.write' but they don't process ASP.NET code. It's pro...

Sending email via the port 465 of Gmail don't work! I don't know if there are bugs in .NET.
I use the following code to send  email via  Gmail , it works well when I use client.Port = 587, but it doesn't work if I use client.Port = 465 !  but If I use email client software such as Outlook Express with port 465, it woks well, I don't know if there are bugs in .NET.     protected void btnSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        //Add Async="true" to .ASPX page         SmtpClient client=new SmtpClient();     ...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References...

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

won't work with sbcglobal.net (AT&T)
Name: Joe Theuerkauf Email: jtheuerkaufatjunodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: won't work with sbcglobal.net (AT&T) Comments: I've tried everything I can think of and I'm no slouch at pc's, but Thunderbird does not want to work with my sbcglobal.net mail. I have set the exact settings to what my windows mail uses and I still can't access mail with Thunderbird. I love this mail program's features but it won't work. Do I need to do something with my router. I also use Windows Vista and XP on my pc's. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Window...

Web resources about - Quartz.Net donesn't work After Error Occured - asp.net.web-forms