Problems with the .NET 2005 web form designer

In Visual Studio.NET 2003, building a web page was very similar to building a plain old form. In 2005, everything's changed. Every control gets shifted to the top left, I have to use panels and so on to separate things, and if I have to change something later it's an absolute nightmare. Am I really stuck with this, or is there some switch somewhere that will allow me to do things the way I'm used to?

Geoffrey Callaghan

0
Gcallaghan

Try this.

Bring up an aspx page in design (not source) mode.  This will enable the Layout menu.

Goto Layout->Position->Auto-Position Options...

You can choose between Auto, Static, Relative.  You may find a mode you like.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
9/12/2007 1:31:38 AM

Thanks, absolute positioning seems to be what I want. It seems I have to specify this with every control I play with. I can't really understand the benefit of the other methods, they seem to be more trouble than they're worth, but I suppose some people must like it if it's the default.

0
Gcallaghan

VS.NET 2005 Web Forms Designer Changes
Word on the street is the web forms designer architecture has vastly improved in VS.NET 2005. That's great for me, since I write plenty control designers and add-ins and 2003 has bothered me in more ways that I care to discuss. But I can't find a good place to get the info on the designer changes in 2005. Could someone link me to some resources? Thanks There are a few resources: Check out the quickstarts for beta1. i think we added some very basic details there, but there are also some comments in 477688 686110 for some general details.SimonThis posting is provided "...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Problems with the .NET 2005 web form designer - asp.net.web-forms

Martin Place, we have a problem
A change in global conditions means that the positive economic momentum provided by a weakened Aussie dollar could soon come to a screeching ...

Apple’s App Store has a copyright infringement problem, business owner claims
... iOS apps scraping content from the web and packaging it in paid apps. While developer relations issues often get a lot of attention, the problem ...

Marco Rubio accidentally stumbles on the problem with religious pandering
... plan for the universe and for our lives that we are just not going to know the answer to. God’s ways are not our ways.” There are two problems ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

Pandora CEO: This is why giving people access to music that's 'free all the time' is a problem
... the power to patch the leak. If they don’t, genuine attempts to get consumers to pay for music will increasingly fall on deaf ears. This problem ...

Just Cause 3 PC graphics problems reported
Fans complain of visual bugs and glitches as developer cites issues with latest AMD graphics drivers.

Trump: Obama Is ‘Really Out Of It’ When Calling Climate Change The ‘Greatest Problem Confronting Our ...
Trump: Obama Is ‘Really Out Of It’ When Calling Climate Change The ‘Greatest Problem Confronting Our Country’

A patch for Just Cause 3's performance problems is in the works
... of the best open-world tools ever”. It seems like it's a good game, but there have also been a lot of complaints about huge technical problems ...

Obama: Climate Problem Can Be Solved
... Barack Obama said Tuesday global warming posed economic and security risks that had to be tackled immediately, but insisted the climate problem ...