Problems in Generating and filling data in Excel sheet

Hi Techies,

I am loading data from a database into an excel spreadsheet template which is pre-formatted. programatically I am copying this template and filling the data into the cells and give the user of this web application to save the excel spread sheet filled with data to save the file his to local system

But when I use this application in localsystem / development system its working fine and filling the data

when its deployed in production server its giving varous problems i.e

1. Hresult 0X8001010A being used by another process

2. Some times its creating empty spreadsheet template

3. some times its being hanged  and no responce

 I am using the Asp.Net technology with the code behind as a VB.Net

If you have any suggestion and solution for the same please help out !!

Thanks in Adavnce

Shaik

0
mujahidullah

Please post the code, to find the problem

SSN
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you.
0
suthish
1/21/2009 11:37:49 AM

If I understand correctly, you have an empty Excel spreadsheet template on your server.  Your web page opens the spreadsheet, adds the data, then allows a user to save it?  Do you save the filled template back to the server?

I have had much success with CarlosAg's ExcelXmlWriter.  It's a free library that allows you to create an Excel spreadsheet completely in code behind.  To get you started, he has a code generator that will take your template Excel file and create the classes for it.  All you do is program in your data.  Depending on the layout of your spreadsheet, it can take a little bit of programming.

For even more Excel power on the server, have a look at Aspose.  Their Office libraries are the best.  Not free, but if you need more than what Carlos' library can do, this is where to go.

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

Excel Expert: need a good solution to fill some data into a complex excel sheet
I am stuck with a problem The Requirement is that, there a complex Excel file(XLS) that is used as template; it has Macros and all the worksheets are either locked or hidden. When the user clicks to download it, the follows operation occurs Unlock a particular worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then lock it back. Unhide a worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then hide it back. I think there are two options to resolve it (if there are more then please let me know) Interop libraries / Excel Object Library OLEDb Driver    I cannot ...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Export data from web form to excel -- using client's excel app
I am currently trying to figure out if there is any way to export data to the client's excel app. I do not want to use the web server's excel application as it is cutting into the site's performance. Is there any way to use something similar to the what is included below (ExportComponent.vb), but to use the client's excel app? Imports System.Drawing.Color Public Class ExportComponent Inherits System.ComponentModel.Component Public Shared Sub DataToExcel(ByVal dgData As DataGrid, ByVal response As HttpResponse) response.Clear() response.Charse...

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Pull data from excel sheet into another excel sheet. Automate it
I have following requirement:- 1. Need to write a script that can be scheduled to run after every one hour. The script should be able to pull the data from an excel sheet (saved on file system) after every one hour and replace the excel sheet already stored somewhere else with the latest contents. Incase the new excel does not exist. it should be able to create that excel as well and populate with the data from the excel sheet being extracted from.   So, I need how to automate this script to run every one hour. and how to pull the data from excel sheet into another.   ...

Urgent: i m working for a web page (C#) that use for importing excel sheet data to database tables.....i wanna validation for each column data......
i m working for a web page (C#) that use for importing excel sheet data to database tables.....i wanna validation for each column data...... want suggstion/links/code....plz help me! I didn't understand your question properly but If you want validation on Excel sheet than add text box and write the validation code in the VBA for the click event. Hi,  you haven't specified what kinda database you are using and kinda validations you want to perform, still here are some of the links which do the work for you, check them out those might be helpful. http://www.vbdotnetheav...

Problem in read data in excel sheet
 Hi all,I'm using OLEDB to reading data from an excel file, using connection string below:OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(@"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + FileName + ";Extended Properties= 'Excel 8.0;IMEX=1'"); OleDbCommand command = new OleDbCommand("Select * from [ItemDetails$]", conn);In my Excel sheet, one column contains data like this. :2424245900,PDD012000,IXX088700.my code reads this value: 2424245900.But Its return empty string while reading NXX012000,IXX088700Help me, its urgent. Thanks in advance.. ...

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Generating filled up PDF forms from web app
Hi everyone, I have a .NET 2.0 web application and need a PDF writer to query fields from a SQL Server database and output a PDF document containing this data. The PDF document is a nicely-formatted application form something this (note: example only), which should have several fields filled out from the database data (eg, name, date of birth, etc).  This whole process should be transparent to the user (ie, user should not have to install any software on her end, or launch any third party software besides her IE browser).   Is this something that SQL REporting Se...

Problems with the .NET 2005 web form designer
In Visual Studio.NET 2003, building a web page was very similar to building a plain old form. In 2005, everything's changed. Every control gets shifted to the top left, I have to use panels and so on to separate things, and if I have to change something later it's an absolute nightmare. Am I really stuck with this, or is there some switch somewhere that will allow me to do things the way I'm used to?   Geoffrey Callaghan Try this.  Bring up an aspx page in design (not source) mode.  This will enable the Layout menu. Goto Layout->Position->Auto-Pos...

Exporting data from web form to excel file
I have a page with datgrid and one button called export into excel. I use this code to export data into excel sheet. If my excel file size become more then 50k then i am having error and i can not open or save the excel file. Here is the code:  Server.ScriptTimeout = 12000 Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" dvwdetail = GetSQLData(VSQL) grdapex.DataSource = dvwdetail.Tables(0) grdapex.DataBind() If i have less row means the excel file size is less then 50k then it works fine but if i have more data file size is more then 50k then it give me error m...

Problem parsing web form generated querystring
Hi all,I am having trouble retrieving the value of the first key in a query string using the Request.Querystring method.The problem is on a 404 handler page. In a nutshell the request proceeds as follows:1) Form data posts to URL (for example)  http://www.somesite.com/someurl/thatdoesntexist/?value1=foo&value2=bar 2) IIS cant find the page so it sends the request to   www.somesite.com/404handler.aspx3) Retrieve the values of value1 and value2 in 404handler.aspx   ie:   HttpContext.Current.Request.Querystring("value1")  /  HttpContext.Current.R...

Web resources about - Problems in Generating and filling data in Excel sheet - asp.net.web-forms

Vogtle Electric Generating Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... / 33.14333; -81.76056 Coordinates : 33°8′36″N 81°45′38″W  /  33.14333°N 81.76056°W  / 33.14333; -81.76056 The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating ...

Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System - Spring 2013 - a set on Flickr
... Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating ...

Prince XML: Generating High Quality PDFs from HTML + CSS - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November, 12 2007 ABSTRACT Please welcome Håkon Lie and Michael Day, who will be presenting Prince XML. Prince Overview: Prince ...

Generating media attention was the aim of New York Times attack: Akamai
Cyber attacks, such as the recent one on the New York Times, are more about gaining attention than causing damage, according to Akamai.

FourPlay review: Generating momentum with improvisation and surprise
From string quartet into a rock band 19 years ago and FourPlay is presenting `interesting compositions, with finely detailed arrangements', John ...

Men In Kilts generating cash and kudos
The Men In Kilts window cleaning concept might seem like a gimmick, but Tressa Wood's business smarts have the company cleaning up, and landed ...

Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way
Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way

Generating interest in homegrown power
Generating interest in homegrown power People's Daily Online ... are dealing with the preliminary paperwork. "The method was absolutely new ...

IHG generating over $20 million a month in revenue from mobile bookings
InterContinental Hotels' emphasis is on developing booking apps and mobile features to engage with guests in every step of their journey.

TIMELINE: Shutdowns at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station over 13 years
This timeline of events looks at shutdowns at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating plant over the past 13 years.