Problem with web forms in subdirectories - please help

Here's my problem:  I have a web app that is made up of a few different forms. The directory structure is pretty simple. My root directory is called maintenance and there is another directory underneath it called admin.

I have some web forms in each directory. The plan is to use a separate web.config file in the admin subdirectory so I can perform Windows authentication on any files in the admin directory.
I have both the maintenance and admin directories setup in IIS as applications, and I have a simple web.config file in the admin directory that looks like this (for testing purposes, NONE is the authentication method):

<configuration>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="None"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

When I try and access either of the two web forms in the admin directory, I get the following error:

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'maintenance.admin.maintenance_request_update'.
Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="maintenance_request_update.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="maintenance.admin.maintenance_request_update" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kuoi\maintenance\admin\maintenance_request_update.aspx Line: 1

You can see what my page directive looks like because it is the line causing the problem.

I have done this type of thing with other ASP.NET projects (subdirectory with separate web.config file for authentication), but it has been about 6 months and I have forgot exactly what causes this error. I remember encountering this type of problem before. This should work. So what's the problem? Please help.

0
SharaVamp

Do you have the compiled dll in the /bin directory under your application...
from the error it appears that the namespace under which the class is listed is not available...
do a rebuild of your application and make sure that the dll is available in the /bin directory...
Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

Cheers,

Venugopal Mallarapu.

Visit : My Blog