Problem with accessing file from server via vb.net application

Hi All,

 I have a situation like my Application is running on server 2003 ( i.e Server A ) and user has full access to the application.

 and there is another server or NAS system ( i.e server B) user can access file or folder directly from their system.

 but when user try to access file and folder via application which in on 'server A' they are unable to acess that.

 User has full access permission.

 How to resolve this issue.

 any help will be very greatfull.

 Thanks

 -nelly
0
nelly78

nelly78:
User has full access permission.

Which user?  Are you impersonating the user, or is it the ASP.NET process account that is accessing the content?

Jeff

jeff
6/9/2008 11:04:04 AM

who is the user. the saystem or the client.. who is using your web site..

where are your files.. how you are making them accessble..

"Curiosity is Bliss"
Regards,

Ravi Kant Srivastava
(Sr. Software Engineer)
Connexxions Business
Mumbai
INDIA
0
blurearc
6/9/2008 11:13:58 AM

Thanks for your reply.

yes it is a ASP.NET process account which is accessing the content.

nelly

0
nelly78
6/10/2008 11:35:57 AM

User's from there machine they are accesing the website which is on the server. and they files are on different servers. user can directly access those server which they have permission but when they are using

the web site to access the file from those server they are unable to access that.

nelly

0
nelly78
6/10/2008 11:39:27 AM

Can anyone shed somelight on this please.

Thanks

nelly

0
nelly78
6/11/2008 11:55:15 AM

nelly78:
Hi All, I have a situation like my Application is running on server 2003 ( i.e Server A ) and user has full access to the application. and there is another server or NAS system ( i.e server B) user can access file or folder directly from their system. but when user try to access file and folder via application which in on 'server A' they are unable to acess that. User has full access permission. How to resolve this issue. any help will be very greatfull. Thanks -nelly

Hi friend,

It seems that you want to a file management system, am I right?

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET
Hi experts, I am trying to open the content of a WORD file from C#.NET which resides in the REMOTE SERVER, however I get an error:"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed" when declaring new Word.ApplicationClass(). string fileName = this.btnWorkOrder1.Value;object readOnly = false;object isVisible = false;object saveChanges = false;object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;object dynamic = 2; //error here:Word.ApplicationClass oWordApp = new Word.ApplicationClass(); Word.Document oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(ref file, ref missing, ref readOnly,...

Wants to access Ms Project's .mpp file from my web application in VB.NET
I have developed web application,which contains TODOList,so i have to display tasks of loged in user.For that i have to fetch the data from MS Project 2000's .mpp file which is already created. i want to access that file Please help me .......... Hi Savitha ,  I am in search of same info , as  i need to integrate my  web based project with microsoft project management tool to do project scheduling from web interface.  Please  inform me if u have any  links or info regd this.  Thanks...

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

Deploying Vb.Net Web Forms on the server
I created a setup file for my first test Web Application. It has a few forms that I like to test on the server. What do I have to do on the server for it to work properly. I have it working on my dev machine. What do I have to install and is there any changes that I have to make to machine.config or any other files. I am using the default settings in Global and web.config files. These files were generated by the Vb.Net 2003. I have been reading on this for awhile and like to make sure of the steps I have to follow. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

how to open .exe file in a web form in vb.net?
hi, Are there any one who know to open .exe file from a web form application? make a link like: My Exe ...

Creating C# web form in VB.net application
I have an application developed in VB.net. In this application I want to create a webform where the code behind will be in C# as I have some functionality in C# I want to use. How can I achieve this? macca If you're using ASP.NET 2.0 this is simple- just add a new webform, and select language as c#. If you're using 1.1 or earlier, there isn't any way.My Blog...

Web resources about - Problem with accessing file from server via vb.net application - asp.net.web-forms

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...