Posting to Web Form with DropDownList from another form

I have a page with a drop down list that displays data on post back from the drop down list selected index change event. (call this form1)

I need the ability to post to this page from another form (call this form2).
there are about 6 options in form1. form2 will contain only 2 of these options displayed as simple hyperlinks. when the user clicks these links from form2 it needs to simply force a post back with that value from form2.
id like to do this without javascript and id like to use the drop down list server control.
anyone have a quick simple way to accomplish this? thanks.
~tsmo
0
tsmo

In the code-behind page, you can use the Server.Transfer method.

Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
1/13/2005 5:42:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe i need to be a little bit more specific.
form2 has a dropdownlist (autopostback=true) with items such as
show all appointments
show last 3 months of appointments
show last 6 months of appointments
show last 12 months of appointments
show last 18 months of appointments
on form1, i need two, maybe 3 links such as
(or maybe i need server buttons)
now these links need to post to form2 with their values and form2 needs to behave as if the dopostback event was fired. And i'd like to do this without using javascript.
i know of a few ways to do this, but it gets messy. thanks in advance.

~tsmo
0
tsmo
1/13/2005 6:38:40 PM
well, if you use a querystring, in form2 do in page_load:

if (not page.ispostback) then
if (request.querystring.get("mo") <> string.Empty) then
ddlApptMo.SelectedValue = request.querystring.get("mo")
end if
end if
"mo" could be 3, 6, 9, 12, and the selected value in the dropdownlist would have the same value. Or it can be formatted, but as long as the dropdownlist item value has the same text as the querystring value passed in. This would also allow if no value passed to use the default.
Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web forms and mobile web forms

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Posting to Web Form with DropDownList from another form - asp.net.web-forms

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support