POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Hi,

I'm at a loss to explain this... I have an ASPX page that I can't
always navigate to. When I developed the app (it's Starter Kit
Portal-based), I did it on my LAN and have had no trouble accessing the page.
However, upon deployment, I see the following behavior:
1. POST request goes out looking for MyForm.aspx
2. GET request for MyForm.aspx
3. GET request for MyForm.aspx
4. ...
X. GET request
Sometimes, the page finally loads. Other times, it just ends up
blank. Many times, it doesn't load at ALL the first POST - I just get a
"The page cannot be displayed." Examining trace.axd shows each GET
request has the same control tree, so I assume the page, internally anyway,
is rendering properly. Locally, I've tried running the same codebase
and disabled all exception handling, but I never found any exceptions.
Furthermore, I enabled trace and custom error diagnostics in Web.Config
but nothing shows up. Do you guys have any ideas? How in the world can I tell what's happening on the production server (I have limited access)? What would cause a zillion GET requests for the same page... and why would it stop...or sometimes work correctly...or sometimes not work at all?!! ARHGHGHGHG!
A couple of MSKB articles allude that this problem may be an IS6
issue, but as this is my first ASP.NET deployment to an external server, I
may have problems on my end... but I could use a clue. :)

Cheers,
Mike
0
mjconroy

It sounds like a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall could be causing the problem.  Is there one installed in front of the Web server(s)?
0
Derek

Getting variables from a post or get?
Sorry for the newbie post, but i am from a PHP world. Im now learning ASP.NET.Im having a bit of problem figuring out how to get/post a variable on an input field. All i want to do is, get the value from an input form and display it again on the page. Here's my code.. <form id="form1" runat="server" acceptcharset="utf-8"> Your name: <input id="name" name="name" type="text" /> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" PostBackUrl="Default.aspx" /> </form> All i want is to get the value of name and display it on the page it self. How can i do that...

Why do I get a Cannot Get Web Application Service
I dont know what happen to my web site in IIS. but whenever I configure a data source I always get a "Cannot Get web application service" Please help. thanks!I don't know .NET! Why I'm here??? Hi, adsmag: My solution was to save my work, shut VWD, reopen it, reload my work - and hey presto it workedBest Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Online Community SupportThis posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights. Yep! Got it! thanks!I don't know .NET! Why I'm here??? ...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message.
Name: Linnea Hagberg Email: lhagbergatsmithcovedotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

Get get HotSync to work
Hi, I'm having problems synchronizing my custom Ultra-Lite application. After a HotSync the log file looks as follows: HotSync operation started 11/06/01 03:47:36 PM Expense - sync configured to Do Nothing Outlook Calendar - sync configured to Do Nothing Outlook Contacts - sync configured to Do Nothing Outlook Tasks - sync configured to Do Nothing Outlook Notes - sync configured to Do Nothing Unable to open the stream 11/06/01 03:47:40 PM OK PalmTCS (Adaptive Server Anywhere Conduit) with 1 message(s) 11/06/01 03:47:40 PM OK System Yet, the MobilLink Server still says:...

Get LastLoginDate BEFORE it gets updated
I am after a way to get the LastLoginDate before it gets updated when a user logs on. The reason is that i want to provide a list of all changes that have been done since they last logged on. When i use OnLoggingIn it appears that the LastLoginDate has already been updated (with the new Login Date). I have tried numerous ways but am a little stumped.  Any help will be greatly appriciated. Try this -  Dim LastloginDate As Date Protected Sub Login1_LoggingIn(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginCancelEventArgs) Handles Login1.LoggingIn ...

How do I get rid of this mozL10n.get()?
So I have a few strings that contains arguments that also needs to be translated https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/42e93d96ea245c778885b1889b3da589f5342fb1/apps/keyboard/locales/keyboard.en-US.properties#L77 And at the time of writing the code I ended up using mozL10n.get(). https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/42e93d96ea245c778885b1889b3da589f5342fb1/apps/keyboard/js/settings/layout_item_view.js#L263-L265 Do we already have support on this? The answer is probably obvious if there is already one. The status itself is one <span> element which I prefer not to break...

Get All & Get all mail
Is there any difference between these two extensions? Daniel -- _____________________________________ Daniel Royer University of Geneva daniel at royer dot ch _Daniel Royer_ spoke thusly on 11/09/2006 4:31 AM: > Is there any difference between these two extensions? I can't seem to find a "Get All" extension for Thunderbird. The closest I've found is <http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info.php/getmess>, which is not written to the extension manager API, that was implemented long before Thunderbird 1.0. If that's what you were referri...

Do not get expected WEb page on secondary
netware 6.5 sp2 Have setup a web page on a seconary IP address Load appache with the following command line LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = CSMI APACHE2 -f SYS:APACHE2\CSMI\SERVER\HTTPD.CONF Where HTTPD.CONF is set up to Listen 172.16.212.2:80 which is a secondary ip address A display secondary ipaddress at the server lists the seconary ipaddress I can ping the secondary ip address from the client in Remote manager using IP Address management the secondary IP addresses are not listed When I attempt to brose to the HTTP://172.16.212.2 address I do not see the web page I...

GET
HeYa all again, Bumped into another problem. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but someone might have encountred this here. It seems that if you give a long arg to open on winXP{ extanding MAX_CANNON on command prompt } it will get broken into lines. Does anyone know how to fix it ? Here is how to recreat, $Val="msft"; open FH,"GET http://quotes.nasdaq.com/quote.dll?page=xml&mode=stock&symbol=$Val |"; while(<FH>){ print $_; } Thanx in advance, Mark On Oct 28, Mark Goland said: >Bumped into another problem. Not sure if...

get
Name: hai nhi Email: cobe081991atyahoodotcom Product: Minefield Summary: get Comments: hi Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20070111 Minefield/3.0a2pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minefield/ ...

GET
Hi, I have tried to use libwww with the method GET to emulate a html <form method=get>. I called the HTTP::Request() with one URL and as content the formdata. But I think this way is not the way <form method=get> works because I got a wrong answer from the url. Do you know how to speak to the libwww module to use GET with formdata? Greets Mat Matthias Kaulartz said... > >Do you know how to speak to the libwww module to use GET with formdata? > Yes, I do. Here is an example. Save this code into a file, call it 'search'. At the command line t...

Web resources about - POST GET GET GET GET... WTH? - asp.net.web-forms

Huffington Post Canada - Canadian News Stories, Breaking News, Opinion.
Get the latest Canadian and world news covering politics, business, lifestyle and the viral web. Join the conversation on issues that matter ...

'Be a leader' - Bangkok Post: news
US Secretary of State Clinton (above) meets the Thai foreign minister in Washington and urges Thailand to now assume a greater leadership role ...

Christian News, The Christian Post
Christian news on The Christian Post, the largest Christian newspaper in the world featuring world Christian news, Christian news sites, and ...

CTPost.com - Connecticut Post
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Colorado Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - The Denver Post
Denver and Colorado local breaking news from The Denver Post, including sports, weather, traffic, business, politics, photos, multimedia, Twitter ...

The Fandom Post
Anime, Movies, Comics, Entertainment & More

Hays Post - Hays Kansas News, Opinion, Video
Topic Hays News Kansas News Sports Editor's Choice Police Department Arrest Log Obituaries Cancellations/Delays Entertainment Agriculture Announcements ...

Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post
BreakingNews and Opinion Editorial Director, AOL Huffington Post Media Group Dick Lugar was a nice guy who stayed too long. But his crushing ...

NYSE Post
Boston, MA, 07/12/2013 (nysepost) - The shares of Apollo Group Incorporation (NASDAQ:APOL), which is the one of the for-profit education company ...

The Post and Courier - Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment
postandcourier.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and ...