Please...please...help

Hi,

Can somebody please teach me how to create a time schedule/task list where it can display
the time and the task for a particular day/week/month. Eg:
Monday
8.00 - 9.00am Appointment with doctor
9.00 - 10.00am Meeting
0
fifi2000

Outlook's calander already has everything of this. Why reinvent the wheel?
0
HelpWanted
12/11/2003 3:45:58 PM
That is a huge request for this forum. .

there are also several controls available which let you do all kinds of good calendar stuff but most worth having are not free.

What I will do is share with you some stuff that helped me. . .
you could simply create a datalist or something like that for each hour of the day and bind to it results from database.
as for dealing with a month view of events you could check here:
http://www.code101.com/Code101/DisplayArticle.aspx?cid=13
and here
http://dn.yyyz.net/
0
nickicl
12/11/2003 5:41:17 PM
Ya hi,

this is exactly wat i am looking for also.......
i am think of using a datagrid to do this, but the datagrid only display only those time and task that are returned from database.
for eg: if 10.00 - 11.00am there is no schedue, there will not be record for this time slot and it will not be displayed in the datagrid......
any idea how we can overcome this??
0
sunday123
12/11/2003 6:21:06 PM
Well Calendars are a funny thing because I cant find much in the way of accepted standard for doing or dealing with stuff like that, it completely depends on the purposes.

In your case you might consider looping through the items in datatable and check if a row exsists where time = hour and if not create a new row. . .
Also, you could store all the hours of the day in an array or datatable or something and use this to create the datalist then create a nested datalist or datagrid whatever inside each item?
These are just ideas off the top of my head because I never actually went so far as to implement it that way, because I simply left out times where no event was present for my purposes.
Hope this helps. I am glad to help with other questions as they arrive if I can.
0
nickicl
12/11/2003 6:44:38 PM

fifi2000, you have now asked the same question five or six times!!!
And every time you have been given an answer.
You won't get a magic "10 lines of code" answer. You must either buy a solution, or build one yourself.
Please stop wasting everyone's time by asking the same question over and over.
(Particularly Nicki's ... as she has an exam on Monday :)
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
12/11/2003 7:02:08 PM
Hey SomeNewKid2, who are you?
0
nickicl
12/11/2003 7:36:11 PM
I just gleaned that info from your website, Nicki.

I made the reference only to add a bit of levity to my otherwise annoyed post, and to point out that every one who takes the time to respond is taking time away from other pursuits.
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
12/11/2003 8:05:06 PM
How are you storing the time in the database

Is there any start time/end time??

Sushila Bowalekar Patel
Visual ASP/ASP.NET MVP
http://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb
0
SushilaSB

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please Help!! web parts and .net forms
This is a two part question. 1. i have a simple .net form that captures users input and i want to post to another form to show users input and data from a database into a data grid. In keep posting back to the first form. I have action and method set correctly on my first form, no idea why it post to same form. i even have a response.redirect in the click event of the button on the first form. 2. Does anyone know of any good site/web cast that step you through a basic web part for sharepoint 2007 i am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. I heard that it is like a 12 step ...

Please please please
Folks, Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning or not banning............... The points have been made and in my opinion this is not the place to carry on with it. Once again - PLEASE! Regards Ian _____________________________________ Ian Sargent Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd Tel/Fax: 01344 644579 Mobile: 07970 847197 email: ians@etcs.co.uk www: http://www.etcs.co.uk _____________________________________ "Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1 @news.grc.com: > Please can we st...

Please Please Please
I have only been asking for 4 years but PLEASE include a setting at the accounts level that sets the default compose to plain text if the account of type NEWS. Its a PITA to have to recall or remember to change my compose to plain text manually! Andre, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check a...

Please, please, please ....
Name: Dean Talboys Email: deanatlouistalboysdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please, please, please .... Comments: Could you include a button on Firefox to register the currently viewed site as Firefox "Unfriendly"? I'm a developer of sophisticated Internet applications (check out http://www.psychl.com/ONE/cyclex.asp to see how much abuse a browser can take) and I always spend time to ensure my sites are IE and Firefox compatible. But I'm really frustrated at the number of sites that aren't Firefox compatible. You know, you get to the last screen of ...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Name: Nick Crain Email: n.crain_at_rogers.com Product: Firefox Summary: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Comments: Can you please include a rss feed indicator thing like IE 7 has. You know where every time you visit a page that has an rss feed available it beeps and then you can subscribe to it? That is such a handy feature. It's just too bad it's on a damn microsux product. please put it in firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 Nick Crain wrote: > Name: Nick Crain > Email: n.crain_at_r...

please please please
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: please please please Comments: could you please resolve this crashing. the browsers crashes so often... I'm watching streaming video and it crashes in the middle of it... which costs me. I don't want to exceed me bandwith with friggin rogers. they're a pain. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

VS.NET Web App messing up form authentication? Help, please?
Does anyone know of any problems with creating a VS.NET Web App in a forms authenticated subfolder? I created a Web App "pics" with VS.NET as a subfolder of wwwroot, and the Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") is always blank on all the pages in this subfolder wwwroot/pics. I deleted the VS.NET premade Web.Config file so that there is only the one file at wwwroot, but that didn’t help. Are there any other files created by VS.NET that could be messing this up? I made other ASPX subfolders outside of VS.NET and they all continue the session just fine, it's like this ...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help
Hi,in all of my asp.net pages I have the following html code:&nbsp;&lt;TD class=padding colSpan=2 height=23&gt;&lt;div align="center"&gt;&lt;A &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; href="#"&gt;Privacy Policy&lt;/A&gt; »&lt;a href="#"&gt; Terms of Use&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/TD&gt;on my default.aspx page, this gets displayed as: Privacy Policy » Terms of Useand the code isPrivacy Policy » Terms of UseCan ...

LDAP Request Help
My head is about to fly off my neck and shoot through the ceiling! Ive been trying to make the following code work for weeks, and I cannot figure it out. The code is located at this website: http://v5.beta.docutek.com/eres/custom/fresnoLDAP.aspx. Everytime I try to run this sub I get the following error: "Unknown error (0x80005000) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServic...

Web resources about - Please...please...help - asp.net.web-forms

Gujarat Congress objects govt ‘spending’ Rs 31 lakh on Modi’s tent
Gujarat Congress alleged that the state government spent Rs 31 lakh on raising a lavish tent for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dhordo in Rann ...

Donald Trump Shrugs Off Murder Of Journalists, Says Vladimir Putin Is A Better Leader Than Obama
For proof that politics makes for strange bedfellows, look no further than the warm and fuzzy long distance relationship between Republican juggernaut ...

Miss World 2015 final live stream: Where to watch online
Miss World 2015 will take place on 19 December in China.

Shooting victims' families hug, talk with Obama, first lady
The girlfriend of one of the 14 people killed in the Dec. 2 shooting in San Bernardino said President Barack Obama immediately asked her for ...

'League of Legends' Champions Moving To China? Tencent Fully Acquires Riot Studios
Korea Portal (English Edition) 'League of Legends' Champions Moving To China? Tencent Fully Acquires Riot Studios Korea Portal (English Edition) ...

‘Let Me Finish What I’m Saying’: Greta Confronts Cruz Over Past Immigration Position
After this week’s GOP debate, there was a renewed focus in the media over Ted Cruz ‘s past immigration positions. Back in 2013, he attempted ...

By George! Charlotte is just like her mummy: Adorably happy family portrait show how little princess ...
An informal family portrait (right) of Kate (pictured at age one bottom left) and Wills (top left as a two-year-old) with their two children ...

Lesson on Islam spawns furor, closing schools in Virginia district
TIME Lesson on Islam spawns furor, closing schools in Virginia district Las Vegas Sun A Virginia school district closed its schools on Friday ...

Outrage, not surprise over 'affluenza' teen on the lam
KSAT San Antonio Outrage, not surprise over 'affluenza' teen on the lam KSAT San Antonio That's what Kevin McConnell feels after learning ...

Apple's Tim Cook says tax avoidance criticism is 'political crap'
Apple and other tech companies have been criticised for using complex cross-border accounting measures to transfer profits to low tax jurisdictions ...