please tell how to update date field in table whenever the table is updated

suppose that if i update my table like inserting a record or deleting a record, the date field in the table gets updated automatically

0
astalavista2007

assuming that you are using sql server you can use the sql statement:

'update set lastupdated=getdate() where primarykey=5'

getdate is the function to get the time and date of the sql server.

0
jgangwisch

rollback strategy for previosely updated tables after subsequent table update failure
hi,i am trying to update one table after another(SQL server 2005 )..so if table1 gets updated successfully, then update table2 ,if tabl1 and table2 both are successful then update table3 and if tabl1 and table2 table3 all 3 are successful then update table4.But if error occurs during updating any  table,then rollback/un-do the changes which are made in previously updated tables.I check the returnValue to see if its successful but how do i undo the update changes  made in previously udpated tables  if subsequent table update fails.Anything i can change in storedProcedure to set...

TableAdapter updates for related table
OK, this ought to be simple, but I cannot immediately see the answer I have a data set with 3 data tables - say, A, B, and C.  A has a foriegn key link to B, and B has a foriegn key link to C (GrandParent, Parent, Child related) - all links are cascaded Each table has a complex (or compound) key, so there is a field containing an autonumber that provides the FK link in each case. The Auto number is set to start at -1, and increment by -1 (decrement by 1) The tables are filled with (related) data, and I can save the XML to a file, then have a look using XmlSpy - all of...

run insert 1 table and update 1 table at a same form
I need to insert a group of data into table1 and at the same time update table2 field. Anyone know how to do it. By the way, I'am using VWD. You run two separate queries, one for the INSERT and one for the UPDATE.  The alternative is to program it in SQL, possibly as a trigger, but it depends on wht you're really doing. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Windows Forms
I have a website online that uses .net 2.0 for the viewing and ordering of photos.  I want to have the ability to have a windows application (written in vb.net) that will create tables, modify database as needed, on the web server.  How do I connect to a web server, update an access table, using only a windows app. Do I need a web service? Ive been reading up and just have not found what I was looking for, any point is greatly appreciated.ThanksDavid I think you need a server management tool. There are plenty to choose from and you can start taking a look at this...

Unable to update SQL Table from a Web Form
I have a Table which stores data from two different databases. To update it I made a Web Form that opens a single record where you can edit the data (using TextBox). Then there is an Update Button, which is supoused to Update that record in the SQL Database. However, for some reason it does not work. I get no error and every thing seems to work fine, but the data is not updated. When running the same UPDATE statment in the SQL Query Analyzer everything works just fine. Here is the code for the button click (For test purpose I've set a spesific record to update the Task cell to "Tes...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Table Update Issue
I am using ASA 9.0.2.3599 I am developing with VS2005 using VB.NET I have an ultralite table defined as with 2 binary(2900) columns. I am using these columns to capture signature information. I capture the initial signature with the core data and the db is updated properly. Based on some of the core data I may or may not need the second signature. When I do try to capture the second signature I get the following ULException Information Memory error -- transaction rolled back SQLE_MEMMORY_ERROR {-309} The function where I get this is quite simple and is shown below. ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

Updating a table from another table
I am trying to update table1, by importing from table2. I need to do the following: 1) Insert into table1 any records from table2 which are not already in table1. 2) Update some fields on all records in table1, from table2. 3) Delete any records in table1, which are not in table2. To do this I am thinking of doing the following: 1) INSERT IGNORE table1 (SELECT * FROM table2) 2) UPDATE table1 SET table1.field1 = table2.field1 3) DELETE FROM table1 WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM table2 WHERE table1.field1 = table2.field1) Would this work? and would this by the best way of ...

Updating one table doesn't update another table using foreign key relationship
I created two tables named table1 and table2 using visual database tool . For table1 , the table defn is id int primary key ,name nvarchar(max) (allow null) and age int (allow null) For table2 , the table defn is id int primary key , address nvarchar(max) (allow null). I selected id from table1 and dragged it over to id in table2 and foreign key relationship was created. If i insert values into table1 say (2,"xyz",25) the values gets inserted. But if i select table2 to display id , it didn't show inserted id "2". I want table2 to update automatically i...

inserting/ updating more than one table from a single web form
 i wanted to ask how to insert values from a single web form into two sql tables, i have been looking and the visual web developer i use doesnt seam to allow me to even atempt it i've tried selecting all the values from two different tables and then adding those two tables to an insert function but it doesnt work likewise the update functioni have values in a table currently a reference number and i want to use this reference number to update the address values in this table so update this field.table1 and thisfield.table2 when ref number = @ refnumber the reference number is presen...

Web resources about - please tell how to update date field in table whenever the table is updated - asp.net.web-forms

Trump erotica vs. Cruz erotica: Who wins the primary of porn?
Fifty Shades of Grey already had a lot to answer for. Now it's responsible for what is very likely to be the most deliberately, eye-gougingly ...

Report: Instead of releasing an iPhone 6c, Apple will upgrade the iPhone 5se
A previous iPhone model could be making a comeback. According to 9to5Mac , Apple will introduce an iPhone 5se this March with curved edges and ...

Academy Board Endorses Changes to Increase Diversity in Oscar Nominees and Itself
New York Times Academy Board Endorses Changes to Increase Diversity in Oscar Nominees and Itself New York Times LOS ANGELES — Confronting ...

This Weekend's Storm Will Be a Bizarre Mix of Floods, Ice, Wind, and Up to Three Feet of Snow
The great storm is finally here. What can we expect? The latest forecast is out—and it’s both weird and grim. Read it tucked safely indoors, ...

The EPA’s role in Flint’s water crisis
This story was originally published by The New Republic and is reproduced here as part of the Climate Desk collaboration. Michigan Gov. Rick ...

The Latest: Armed Group's Leader Refuses Private FBI Talk
The leader of an armed group occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon met briefly with a federal agent but left because the official wouldn't ...

Editorial Cartoons: Stock market, China and oil prices
In this slideshow, we illustrate through cartoons the struggles on Wall Street the past few weeks and the main culprits are actually taking place ...

Virtual reality experience highlight of new Dali Museum show
Visitors to a new exhibition at The Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida, won't just be looking at art. Thanks to virtual reality, they'll ...

Gainesville, Florida Police Officer Responds To 911 Call About Basketball Game Being ‘Too Loud’ – Video ...
Gainesville, Fla., Police Officer Bobby White was responding to a 911 call about some local kids playing basketball and being too loud , on January ...

Microsoft Finally Resolving A Five-Year-Old Skype Privacy Flaw For All Users
There’s a security flaw in Skype that can expose users’ location. That’s not the news, though: that flaw was discovered in 2010, and published ...