Performance Monitor Counters and Windows Vista

I am trying to connect to a Windows Vista machine from my Windows XP SP2 machine to read the performance counter data using C#, but I am unable to connect. Even using "perfmon" in windows won't connect, but I can connect to file shares on the Vista machine just fine. Has Vista changed something in this regard so remote computers can connect to collect performance data, or am I doing something wrong in my code or in perfmon? The error I receive when I try to connect is "cannot connect to machine" - not very helpful.

Thanks

Binary Fortress Software
http://www.binaryfortress.com
0