Performance monitor and performance counters

I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine.  We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this:

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item)
Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know what's going on?
0
hummusx

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

enable to add .Net CLR Data counter in Performance monitor
Hi, I try to add the .Net CLR Data in my perf monitor but the add button is disabled. I just have access to the Explain button. I try on an XP and a 2003 server and it's the same. We use the dotnet native .Net OracleClient. Is there some right to add somewhere ?...

.net performance monitor
When I go into the windows performance monitor, I see the asp.net and asp.net application along with regular asp as items that can be monitored. The regular asp works fine and shows results, but both the .net and the .net applications show all counters as 0 and the .net applications running are not listed. I have 2 windows 2003 servers and the performance data and applications are listed on one and not the other. The only difference is that the one that isn't working is part of a domain as a controller and was upgraded to 2003. I've tried uninstalling iis and reinstalling and that had no eff...

web form performance
Hi, My biggest problem is page performance.my search page have 4 user control and one drop down with four value for drop down one value load one user control and after click search button result show on the same page.i use <div> base design.but when i click on search button page performance is very slow i mean loading speed.how can i find the reason behind thisThanks Sachin Kulshreshtha  Have you checked the trace data for the page?Tal GiladiSoftware engineerwww.talgiladi.net Page perfomance is based on several things. But I think your problem is loding data from database. Pl...

Performance counter monitoring
I am using performance counters to monitor the CPU utilisation of server. The code in the Webmethod of my .asmx file as given below: System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter PerformanceCounter1 = new System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter(); float result; PerformanceCounter1.CategoryName = "Processor"; PerformanceCounter1.CounterName = "% processor Time"; PerformanceCounter1.InstanceName = "_Total"; PerformanceCounter1.MachineName = "."; System.Diagnostics.CounterSample sample1; System.Diagnostics.Count...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Web form applications performance
Hi everyone, I am trying to solicit discussion related to performance monitoring, scalability, and the solutions for Web form applications. Let's say you start out with an elementary c/s pb app with connect on open, disconnect on close with Auto commit = False, and only two tiers architecture. Then the users complain, "Sometimes the application is too slow". So first question how could I tell where is the problem? Database, Web server, Network... But, more specifically: 1.Database: Database connections, exclusive locks etc. 2.Web server: Postbacks, IIS memory et...

Performing multiplication in web form???
I need to multiply two numbers together on a web form and I have no idea how to do that. Here is the code that I wrote to try to perform this calculation: if (txtQuantity.Text != null) { lblPrice.Text = intPrice * intQuantity; } I'm sure this is simple enough, but I'm new to ASP.NET and C# and not sure how this is supposed to work. Both values are coming from, as you can see, txtQuantity.text and lblPrice.text, both of which are strings. I found a couple of explanations about performing calculations online, but it was clearly written for more advanced users. A code sample...

Performance Monitor Counters and Windows Vista
I am trying to connect to a Windows Vista machine from my Windows XP SP2 machine to read the performance counter data using C#, but I am unable to connect. Even using "perfmon" in windows won't connect, but I can connect to file shares on the Vista machine just fine. Has Vista changed something in this regard so remote computers can connect to collect performance data, or am I doing something wrong in my code or in perfmon? The error I receive when I try to connect is "cannot connect to machine" - not very helpful.ThanksBinary Fortress Softwarehttp://www.binaryfortress.com...

Web form applications performance #2
Hi everyone, I am disappointed no one has responded to my post dated Feb 2nd. Is this subject not relevant to this group? Thanks for anyone who cares to reply. Alon Baadani I responded down there...thought I had already. It is a interesting topic, especially for those moving apps out onto the web. Troy > Hi everyone, > I am disappointed no one has responded to my post dated Feb 2nd. > Is this subject not relevant to this group? > Thanks for anyone who cares to reply. > Alon Baadani ...

Relevant performance counters when testing .net application
I am trying to test my asp.net web app and of course I would like to know what to look for in these tests! What are the relevant performance counters when testing asp.net application?  I am currently using ANTS Load and Microsoft WAST.   Thanks This is a great place to start http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenet.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconPerformanceCountersForASPNET.asp-MHP...

.Net Remoting vs Web services performance
Hi all,    I´m looking for info about performance in Remting and W.S.. I need updated info about how the performance is in the new version. I´ve found one but is for the asp 1.1, and i don´t think this will work for my proyect for info about this topic. Thanks all CarlosWhere is the Spanish Language in the user profile?...

Web resources about - Performance monitor and performance counters - asp.net.web-forms

Old Spice Ups Innovation, Performance Ante with New Hardest Working Collection Line of Anti-Perspirant/Deodorants ...
Old Spice is taking performance to legendary extremes with the introduction of the new Hardest Working Collection product line, offering the ...

Keep two Macs running at peak performance with this award-winning app
Like all of us, our computers can develop habits over time, not all of them great. Many computers basically become hoarders, getting distracted, ...

‘The Revenant’: Cast & Director On The “Intensity” Of Performances – Featurette
EXCLUSIVE: Making it through Alejandro G. Iñárritu ’s brutal period film The Revenant is as much an endurance test for the audience as it is ...

Power supply makers expect to see positive performance in 2016, says paper
Power supply shipments are expected to grow strongly beginning 2016 as demand for industrial power supplies starts growing rapidly and sales ...

AccuWeather Gets Big Material Design Update, Improved Performance
... that it is available globally to all. The update introduces Google’s Material Design language to weather fans, but also includes performance ...

Channing Tatum Calls Beyonce His 'Angel' After 'Lip Sync Battle' Performance: 'My Wife Slayed Me in Every ...
Channing Tatum Calls Beyonce His 'Angel' After 'Lip Sync Battle' Performance: 'My Wife Slayed Me in Every Other Way'

Billy Joel: Doo-wop performance on Jimmy Fallon - EW.com
... Jimmy Fallon didn’t even occur on the show. While shooting promos for the broadcast, guest Billy Joel started an unrehearsed doo-wop performance ...

Weak iPhone 6S Performance Forces Apple Into Drastic Action
While the latest smartphones from Apple might have picked up critical acclaim after their launch in September, Apple is ready to cut production ...

The Thinnest, Lightest Lenovo Yoga Laptop Includes Performance Trade-Offs
The design of Lenovo’s convertible Yoga laptops has stayed more or less the same since convertible laptops first became a thing, but the company ...