Passing values from one web control to another.

I'm trying to pass a value from one user control to another.  Basically, the first user control selects an id number and then the second user control takes that id number and updates a record in a database.

I have the second control set up to accept values using

public string idnumber;
public string IDnumber
{
set
{
idnumber = value;
}
}

The second user control has two buttons that do postbacks, depending on which is clicked, a value is updated in the database identified by this number. The problem I am having is that before I click the button, the user control has the value. But after I click the button, the value disappears. I know I need to use some clause for the post back but I'm not sure what that would be. Perhaps something with IsPostBack?
0
bakabaka

Okay, here's some more info.  I'll call the first user control Control1 and the second Control2.  In the html code of Control1, I call Control2 by using this.

<%@ Register TagPrefix=c2 TagName=control2 Src=Control2.ascx%>

<c2:control2 id=control2 runat=server>

Now in the code behind for Control1, I supply a member variable for Control2.
public Control2 control2;

I give control2.IDnumber a value generated from Control1.
control2.IDnumber = some_integer;

However, when I click on a button in Control2, it loses this value and throws an empty object error. Hopefully this will shed some more light on what I'm trying to do. I know if just consolidate the two controls into one, I can skirt around this issue but I'm trying to make the second control modular.
0
bakabaka

Passing values from a parent web control to child web control
I have a parent control which called CONTROL1 and a child control witch called CONTROL2 I would link to pass a value from the parent control to the child control. In the parent control(CONTROL1) I have the following Event Handler . private void btn_Handler(object sender, EventArgs e) { …      if (Page.IsPostBack) {              // Send the officer names to the child controls.             if(m_nameList.SelectedItem.Text != "")     ...

How to use a web user control from one web app in another web app?
I have a production web app project (at work) that has custom web user controls in it.I have another web app project for experimenting and I want to use some web controls from the production web app. The big trick is that I need to load the controls dynamically.LoadControl() doesn't seem to work - it complains about loading controls from a different application. I also tried adding a project reference to the production web app and using "UC1 newUC = new UC1();" and then "this.Controls.Add(newUC);", but the controls (like TextBoxes) on the web user control don't seem to exist on the new UC1s....

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

Web resources about - Passing values from one web control to another. - asp.net.web-forms

Passing off - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Facebook Gets Passing Grade From Irish Agency Audit - AllFacebook
Facebook received its report card in the form of a detailed audit by the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, and its grades were ...

Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill,... - Kirsten Gillibrand - Facebook
Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill, repealing DADT, or my call to action for women, I have always urged New Yorkers to make their voices heard. ...

The Repubs are tempting fate, trying to allocate blame for Obama's loss in November. Obviously it's a little presumptuous. If Romney wins, it's ...

Scripting News: People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing.
People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing. In April 2004 I put together a timeline of the various specs that ...

AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time! on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time!. ...

walmart donated a palette of water. everyone was great about passing the bottles back
Explore pinguino's photos on Flickr. pinguino has uploaded 16442 photos to Flickr.

Astronauts Mark Leonard Nimoy’s Passing - YouTube
NASA Astronaut Mike Fincke and ESA European Space Agency Astronaut Luca Parmitano reflect on the inspiration that actor Leonard Nimoy’s character ...

UAE remembers Zayed 10 years after his passing
Several activities will be taking place on Ramadan 19th marking the 10th anniversary of Sheikh Zayed’s passing.

Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?
Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?