Hello All!

I am trying to pass values from one web form to another web form. I know that there are 3 ways of doing this: queryString, Server.Transfer and Session. I am using the Server.Transfer method. But I am not able to create, in my 2nd web form, an instance of my 1st web form. My 1st Web form is named CallTrack.aspx and my 2nd is named Export.aspx.

What I mean is something like this: Public value as CallTrack. I can't create it in my 2nd web form because when the intellisense is displayed, there's no CallTrack in the options.

Thanks!

0
Kronos

How about using cross-page posting?

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck
5/22/2008 4:55:06 PM

What do you mean by cross-page posting? Be specific with an example.

0
Kronos
5/22/2008 4:59:14 PM

 By default a page postbacks to itself but  instead of posting back to itself, postbacks to another page

Another article that explains with example

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/DipalChoksi/xpgpostbk_asp2_dc08102006235543PM/xpgpostbk_asp2_dc.aspx?ArticleID=9e2b12e6-7842-419d-a3c9-df58f6aba523

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev
5/22/2008 5:01:20 PM

Kronos:

I am trying to pass values from one web form to another web form. I know that there are 3 ways of doing this: queryString, Server.Transfer and Session. I am using the Server.Transfer method. But I am not able to create, in my 2nd web form, an instance of my 1st web form. My 1st Web form is named CallTrack.aspx and my 2nd is named Export.aspx. What I mean is something like this: Public value as CallTrack. I can't create it in my 2nd web form because when the intellisense is displayed, there's no CallTrack in the options.

This may help...

http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/avi_sanjay/ServerTransfer02222007000910AM/ServerTransfer.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa713401(VS.71).aspx

Regards,Vinz

vinz
5/22/2008 5:03:18 PM

I checked out both of your links, but it still doesn't solve my problem, which is I can't create an instance of my source web page in my destination page. I'm using Visual Basic 2005. How do I do this?

0
Kronos
5/22/2008 5:59:14 PM

I would use session variables.  They always seem to work for me.

 Set the session variable in your first page.

Session("Call_this_what_you_want") = txtbox1.text (or label1.text)

 On the second page, to retrieve the value, do this:

Dim ValuefromFirstPage as string = Session("Call_this_what_you_want")

0
MikeB55
5/22/2008 6:49:14 PM

Kronos:

Hello All!

I am trying to pass values from one web form to another web form. I know that there are 3 ways of doing this: queryString, Server.Transfer and Session. I am using the Server.Transfer method. But I am not able to create, in my 2nd web form, an instance of my 1st web form. My 1st Web form is named CallTrack.aspx and my 2nd is named Export.aspx.

What I mean is something like this: Public value as CallTrack. I can't create it in my 2nd web form because when the intellisense is displayed, there's no CallTrack in the options.

Thanks!

one more way, you can say to you database first, the auto load in the second page
owner of AskBargains.com
MCAD & MCSD

If you mark as "Answer"other people can use this answer as a reference
0
uwspstar
5/22/2008 8:41:03 PM

Kronos:

Hello All!

I am trying to pass values from one web form to another web form. I know that there are 3 ways of doing this: queryString, Server.Transfer and Session. I am using the Server.Transfer method. But I am not able to create, in my 2nd web form, an instance of my 1st web form. My 1st Web form is named CallTrack.aspx and my 2nd is named Export.aspx.

What I mean is something like this: Public value as CallTrack. I can't create it in my 2nd web form because when the intellisense is displayed, there's no CallTrack in the options.

Thanks!

one more way, you can save to you database first, the auto load in the second page
owner of AskBargains.com
MCAD & MCSD

If you mark as "Answer"other people can use this answer as a reference
0
uwspstar
5/22/2008 8:41:05 PM

[...]

5/22/2008 8:41:10 PM

Kronos:

Hello All!

I am trying to pass values from one web form to another web form. I know that there are 3 ways of doing this: queryString, Server.Transfer and Session. I am using the Server.Transfer method. But I am not able to create, in my 2nd web form, an instance of my 1st web form. My 1st Web form is named CallTrack.aspx and my 2nd is named Export.aspx.

What I mean is something like this: Public value as CallTrack. I can't create it in my 2nd web form because when the intellisense is displayed, there's no CallTrack in the options.

Thanks!

one more way, you can save to your database first, the auto load in the second page
owner of AskBargains.com
MCAD & MCSD

If you mark as "Answer"other people can use this answer as a reference
0
uwspstar

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web forms and mobile web forms

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Passing Values from a Web Form to Another Web Form - asp.net.web-forms

Passing off - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Facebook Gets Passing Grade From Irish Agency Audit - AllFacebook
Facebook received its report card in the form of a detailed audit by the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, and its grades were ...

Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill,... - Kirsten Gillibrand - Facebook
Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill, repealing DADT, or my call to action for women, I have always urged New Yorkers to make their voices heard. ...

The Repubs are tempting fate, trying to allocate blame for Obama's loss in November. Obviously it's a little presumptuous. If Romney wins, it's ...

Scripting News: People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing.
People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing. In April 2004 I put together a timeline of the various specs that ...

AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time! on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time!. ...

walmart donated a palette of water. everyone was great about passing the bottles back
Explore pinguino's photos on Flickr. pinguino has uploaded 16442 photos to Flickr.

Astronauts Mark Leonard Nimoy’s Passing - YouTube
NASA Astronaut Mike Fincke and ESA European Space Agency Astronaut Luca Parmitano reflect on the inspiration that actor Leonard Nimoy’s character ...

UAE remembers Zayed 10 years after his passing
Several activities will be taking place on Ramadan 19th marking the 10th anniversary of Sheikh Zayed’s passing.

Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?
Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?