passing url param to a sql report viewer in .net page

I have report viewer on an asp.net 2.0 page with a
Sql report from sql 2005 embedded in the report viewer.
I thought I could just put report parameter in the query string and it would just pass the parameter to the report but that did not work.

For instance I have a report the has a parameter- ID
I thought I could just create a link to the report like
myreport.aspx?ID=1234

That did not pass the parameter to the report.
How can I do that?

I don't have any real code just the asp to embed the report

<%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" Runat="Server">
<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt" Height="778px" ProcessingMode="Remote" Width="1193px">
<ServerReport ReportPath="/reportfolder/myreport" ReportServerUrl="http://myserver/reportserver" />
</rsweb:ReportViewer>
</asp:Content>

gtjr921

I believe this may have the answer you are looking for:

It looks like you have to send the url like:

http://server/reportserver?/Sales/Northwest/Employee Sales Report&rs:Command=Render&EmployeeID=1234

Hope this helps.

Hofstadter's Law states that:

It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
0
JDNichols
5/23/2007 5:24:28 PM

No that's not it.
I do not want to use the report server web page to view the report this option forces you to do that.
I want to use the report viewer within an ASPX page.

i want to just go to www.myreport.com/report.aspx?ID=1234
Then the id url param  can be passed to the report param.
I don't know how to pass the url param to the report param

0
gtjr921

How to pass the form contents of aspx page in .Net to Jsp page
Hi,   I want to pass the login information from aspx page to jsp page. plz help me how to do it. Please reply asap. Thanks...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

passing values to .net web form application
Hi Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application (designed using PB 11.1) from other web application? My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form application) to my web application with user information. Thanks & Regards, Anbazhagan From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual: >>> Starting an application with command line parameters If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

Web resources about - passing url param to a sql report viewer in .net page - asp.net.web-forms

Passing loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trains / trams going in the same direction can also overtake, providing that the signalling arrangement allows it. A passing loop is double ended ...

Facebook Gets Passing Grade From Irish Agency Audit - AllFacebook
Facebook received its report card in the form of a detailed audit by the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, and its grades were ...

Dan Aykroyd - Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of my... - Facebook
Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of my brilliant, gifted, funny friend, co-writer/performer and teacher Harold Ramis. May he now get the ...

The Repubs are tempting fate, trying to allocate blame for Obama's loss in November. Obviously it's a little presumptuous. If Romney wins, it's ...

Scripting News: People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing.
People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing. In April 2004 I put together a timeline of the various specs that ...

The secrets of passing TOEIC 600 - ValueEnglish on the App Store on iTunes
Get The secrets of passing TOEIC 600 - ValueEnglish on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

walmart donated a palette of water. everyone was great about passing the bottles back - Flickr - Photo ...
Explore pinguino's photos on Flickr. pinguino has uploaded 16442 photos to Flickr.

Straight Rod Passing Through Curved Hole - YouTube
To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email licensing@storyful.com Here is the explanation on how it works​ ;) h ...

Passing of UAE companies law delayed
The council was scheduled to convene today to debate the remaining four articles of the 377-article law, but were told by the Minister of State ...

Cabcharge left with a hard road after Reg Kermode's passing
Reg Kermode's company faces testing challenges after his death, writes Colin Kruger .