Parsing a client file and returning an appended excel file...

Hey all.  Is there a way to read a file son the web user clients machine, without having them upload the doceumrnt to the web server first.  I would like to offer the user an upload box, where they can browse to a CVS file and then read the file using the path in the code behind.  I do not want to have to upload the file to the server, then open and read it, then delete it.  I simply want to open the file in memory, parse through it, and then disregard it.  I have not done this in a few years and am having trouble finding the most efficient method.  Thanks in advance.

JJO
Joe Olsen

joe@joeolsen.com

0
joeolsen

Hey i am also want same functionality in my web application did you found any thing on this

sandip

0
waytosandip

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database.
Hey there - I'm sort of new to this and have a question - which in itself is probably easy, I'm just having trouble finding it. I need to import a text file - possibly later an excel file - into a SQL database via a web-form upload function. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A tutorial page that you know of or sample code, possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Take a look @ : - Reading a Delimited File Using ASP.Net and VB.Net - HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. That was perfect - thank you!...

Returning Excel file from web service
Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  I haven't worked with Web Services much and can't find anything on google.ScAndal .NET Web Based CRM http://www.kineticcrm.com.NET Consulting http://www.kineticmedia.net There are some options. The first is simply to return a data type of byte array (byte[]) with the file serialized to the array (using .Net binary serializer, tons of web examples).The more elegant approach would be to use MTOM, message transmission optimization mechanism.  This is a standard mechanism for transmitting files via web services.Here is ...

to file:// or not to file://
(Firefox 1.5.0.6) I'm having trouble with HTML Anchors (links) using the file: protocol. The URL I'm trying to get at looks something like this file://///Host.Domain/Share/Dir1/Dir2/File.Ext If I click on the link, /nothing/ happens but, if I "Copy Link Location" and paste exactly the same thing into the "address bar" in FireFox, FireFox is perfectly happy to show me the file. Why the difference? Am I tripping over some security restriction here? Any suggestions? TIA, Phill W. Phill W. wrote: > (Firefox 1.5.0.6) > I'm ...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

How to insert audio files and play audio files in a web form
Hi, 1) Could you please post a sample code which shows how to save an audio file and play an audio file from server? 2) Which of the following way is better for performance?         a) Save the audio file to a folder in the server and save the name of the file in database.         b) Save the audio file directly to database in binary format. Requirement is that Many people will be accessing the site and the same file at the same time. If anybody has any code for saving and playing audio file,...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

Exporting data from web form to excel file
I have a page with datgrid and one button called export into excel. I use this code to export data into excel sheet. If my excel file size become more then 50k then i am having error and i can not open or save the excel file. Here is the code:  Server.ScriptTimeout = 12000 Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" dvwdetail = GetSQLData(VSQL) grdapex.DataSource = dvwdetail.Tables(0) grdapex.DataBind() If i have less row means the excel file size is less then 50k then it works fine but if i have more data file size is more then 50k then it give me error m...

return Xml file from aspx web form
I have dataset. My webform name is member.aspx When i called  localhost\test\member.aspx  its have to return xml file .  That xml file containg dataset values Give me sample code for that lakmal  http://www.odesk.com/users/ASP-NET-Web-application-Designer-DotNetNuke-Expert_~~4fc245f3b8e64e9b gslakmal: I have dataset. My webform name is member.aspx   When i called  localhost\test\member.aspx  its have to return xml file .  That xml file containg dataset values    Hi lakmal, It seems that you want to export DataSe...

how to read a .txt file from .net (web form)
hi, how to read a .txt file line by line and place the contents in a .xls file. ex: if sample.txt file is... Name: abc Company: xyz info ltd. i want abc and xyz info ltd to be cut and saved in .xls file. i already have a .xls template with name and company fields. send solution.......

Appending data from a Web Form to a CSV file.
All of the examples in the forums are for working with databases.  What I need to quickly do is have a user enter data on a webpage and then append this data to a flat file on the server. Being new to ASP.NET I would appreciate it if someone could point me to some code that does the above?  I would recommend an XML file if possible, it is a single file like a CSV but it is structured like a database. However, what I would recommend is use a CSV on a line-by-line basis, something like this:1 Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Entry4 2 Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Entry4 3 Entry1, Entry...

Problem in Receiving the files that had been attached with my web form using a html file input
Hello there!,I am having trouble in receiving the attached files from a html file input !.First of all i have added a master page and made this form as a content page!Actaully the view state of this html file input is not maintaining when the page is posted back!. It says Request.Files.Count=0 even i had attached a file!Before adding the master page it worked fine!Could you please tell me a solution!,My Code isif (Request.Files.Count != 0){HttpFileCollection files = Request.Files;DataTable Table4 = new DataTable();DataColumn Doc_Name = new DataColumn();Doc_Name.ColumnName = "Documents&q...

How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file
Hi I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine. My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.   Advance thanks Have a look here: For VB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306022 For C# - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306023/ -Damien  Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX Preview 4 - Client Templates...

Web resources about - Parsing a client file and returning an appended excel file... - asp.net.web-forms

Returning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In retail , returning is the process of a customer taking previously purchased merchandise back to the retailer, and in turn, receiving a cash ...

Mark Zuckerberg Returning To TechCrunch Disrupt
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg took the stage at last year’s TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco, where he discussed ...

How-to: Improve the Experience for Returning Users
... – your inbox, your favorite news sources, or your friends’ activity. If you’ve integrated Facebook Login on your website, you can give returning ...

Search Twitter - emilia-clarke-not-returning
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh K. @ kikeurbina 1h Muy malas noticias: 'GAME OF THRONES' STAR EMILIA CLARKE (DAENERYS) NOT RETURNING FOR SEASON ...

Is the Returning CEO a Trend?
... well be wondering if it is a new trend for boards to reach back into their alumni ranks to bring back a CEO when a company is in Is the Returning ...

Returning fire - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
A U.S. Army soldier with the 101st Airborne Division returns fire with a M249 light machine gun during combat operations in the valley of Barawala ...

Marines Celebrate Returning Home With a Huge Pillow Fight Aboard the Airplane - YouTube
Visit http://WelcomeHomeBlog.com for more surprise military homecomings! In this clip, a group of marines celebrate their safe return home from ...

WWE’s Daniel Bryan on WWE 2K16, facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, returning to the ring and life on ...
The four-time WWE world champion discusses whether it is right for Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the cover star of WWE 2K16, as well as who he ...

Damn Fine News of the Day: Kyle MacLachlan is Returning to ‘Twin Peaks’
In case you missed it, David Lynch announced on Twitter Monday that Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper in the ...

Injury not enough to keep official caught in crossfire from returning to action
The NRL match official caught in the crossfire of angry Bulldogs fans says he has no intention of stepping down from his role on the sidelines. ...