Page_Validators is underfined

Ive been having this problem for about 2 weeks and cant seem to find a fix or work around that will suite my goals.

I’m creating a login section to my site, all the code works as intended on separate .aspx (html) files. But, my goals are to have it open using a server side include file to insert the asp.net code directly into the default page.
All goes well until I go to Logout; I’m getting this error ‘Page_Validators’ is undefined. I’ve tried the website on my own IIS server and my 3rd party hosted carrier. With the same error, although when at work on a 2k computer I do not get a message box with this error, I do get the yellow triangle at the bottom of the browser showing me I have an error on the page right after I click the logout button, I suspect its because I have the Microsoft Script Debugging installed from VS.net.
I’ve tried the same code in a <iframe> and it does work although it submits back to its self and not the _top frame like it should.( might be a work around for that, but it doesnt update my status text on main site, only in the iframe ). I’ve also tried to turn off the page validator script (client and server side) for the Logout section, with no luck either. Reinstalled the Aspnet_client files several times. The only thing I can think of is that the way I have it implemented with the Request.Querystring. Also if I hit no to debug the error, it will continue on and change the authentication to false as intended and update all the required fields. Everything works great until I click the logout button.. BTW I have tried to change the .inc files to .aspx with the same results.
Heres some code and the user name and password to the site to try it out yourself.
Domain www.tristatic.com
Username: test
Password: password
( The site is still a mess, sorry)

--Default.aspx—

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
If (Request.IsAuthenticated = true) Then
Status.Text = User.Identity.Name & " is currently logged in."
Status1.Text = "Welcome " & User.Identity.Name & "."
Status2.Text = "Logout"
Else Status.Text = "Not authenticated."
Status1.Text = "Not authenticated."
Status2.Text = "Login"
End If
End Sub
skipping html code, getting to how I call the Request.Querystring
SELECT CASE Request.Querystring("display")
CASE "Login"
Response.Write ("Login Here")
%>
<!-- #include file="data/Login.inc" -->
<%
CASE "Logout"
Response.Write ("Logout Here")
%>
<!-- #include file="data/Logout.inc" -->
<%
End SELECT
%>

---Logout.inc---
<script runat="server">
Sub LogOffBtn_Click(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
Status.Text = "Not authenticated."
Status1.Text = "Not authenticated."
Status2.Text = "Login"
response.redirect ("http://www.tristatic.com")
End Sub
</script>
<form id="Form1" runat="server">
<asp:Label id="Status" runat="server" ForeColor="red"></asp:Label>
<asp:button id="LogOffBtn" onclick="LogOffBtn_Click" runat="server" text="Log Off"></asp:button>
</form>

I’m very grateful for any help or new ideas on how to accomplish the same task a different way.
Emal me if you have any questions or post back here.
Kevin@tristatic.com
new to this asp.net thing, but ill get it some day..

0
tristatic

I just tried 3 times and no errors.  Can you post the whole error message here?
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/11/2002 11:14:37 AM
If you don’t have script debugging turned on, you wont get a popup message instead you'll get an Yellow exclamation error at the bottom of your browser only after you click the logout button. if you can click the error icon before the page reloads it will show you this error

Line:127
Char:17
Error:'Page_validators' is undefined
Code:0
Url:http://www.tristatic.com/default.aspx?display=logout
The Line and Char error above, debugs right in the middle of a Table and column structure, no where near the area that the code is being inserted.
Thanks again
Kevin
0
tristatic
8/11/2002 11:35:24 AM
Update: I put the Logout Code directly into the Default.aspx page, bypassing the case select and the include file all together. Its still give the same error message. In that case i would say its related to the Request.Querystring and the post back function after the logout button is clicked.
1
tristatic
8/11/2002 4:31:44 PM
Could someone show me a sample script that would disable all validation when a button is clicked?

0
tristatic
8/12/2002 1:08:34 AM
<asp: Button

ID ="Button
Text="Click Me"
CausesValidation="False"
Runat="server" />
You can also set EnableClientScript to False to disable all validation
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/12/2002 1:50:25 AM
Hey,

Thanks alot, that is just what I was looking for..

<asp:button id="LogOffBtn" CausesValidation="False" onclick="LogOffBtn_Click" runat="server" text="Log Off"></asp:button>
0
tristatic
8/12/2002 9:39:55 AM
Glad it worked.  BTW, you don't need the </asp:button> part.  You can save on coding by just adding /> to the end of the first tag and that closes it. (like in my example)
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/12/2002 2:49:40 PM
Yea, but what if you want the page to be validating and you are receiving this error?
0
smithj74
5/20/2004 1:58:29 PM

this is a test

0
sscheffler

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Include web form inside web form

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Web resources about - Page_Validators is underfined - asp.net.web-forms