Page not a post back choosing Controls Value

How can use java script for choosing controls value page not a refresh and Post Back Thanks

0
shambhu

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do exactly? Are you just trying to get the value of a control from javascript? If so this is typically done like this:

   var ctlValue = document.getElementById('myId').value;

In this case the string myId is the id of the control you want to get the value for. So if I have a textbox in my html like this:

   <input type="text" id="myTextBox" />

I could get its value by doing:

   var theValue = document.getElementById("myTextBox").value;

On the other hand if I am trying to get a value from a textbox that is a server-side text box like this:

   <asp:textbox id="txtStuff" runat="server" />

I can get the value of it by doing this:

   var theValue = document.getElementById("<%=txtStuff.ClientID%>").value;

With server controls you have to do it this way because their ClientID property gives the id that will be used on the client-side.

If this isn't what you need to do please post more information.

If this post answered your question please remember to 'Mark as Answer'!
0
bpag

How to preserve values in a web form when navigating to a different page and then going back to the original page using the back button ?
   I am working on a C#/ASP.NET web application. The web application basically consist of 3 web forms. Each form contains several controls such as an edit box, and some drop down list box controls. Basically I need to find out how to preserve the values in a web form when a person navigates to a different page. For example, suppose that in my web application I navigate from my first page (First.aspx) to my second page (Second.aspx). Now if I press the browsers back button, I want the application to retain the values for the controls that were in my first web form "first....

How to maintain form controls value after user control post back?
 hello experts, I have created filter grid in asp.net & C#.My form design has contains 3 dropdown controls and Filter grid(User control).Its working fine(filter), but one problem arise.the form controls are clear when i filter a grid(post back).I tried to reterive values using view state, hidden controls, i got only null values.Anyone please help, its urgent to me. Its my user control code.FilterGrid.aspx<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="FilterGrid.ascx.cs" Inherits="FilterGrid" %><style type = "text/css&...

Menu control : Cross page posting and posted values in nested controls?
I've created a dyrnamic template for a menu control which renders either a textbox or a linkbutton. The textbox acts as an search input field. The value of this field then acts as input to another page(on another frame actually). What happens is that clicking on the linkbutton will do a postback to Main.aspx(which resides in a frame called 'MainWindow'). When the value arrives at Main.aspx, I see the value from 'searchMovies' textbox posted into the Request.form collection as : 'NavigationMenu$ctl05$searchMovies' with the value that was keyed in. From main.aspx, does anyone know...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

How to pass values from window form control to Web page !!!
Hi i have a window form control which is downloaded on the client's machine.and it writes a binary image file on the client's machineAnd now i have to get this binary image file from client's machine and save it to database.Plz tell me Is this possible using window form control???OR there is any another way so that i can access the binary image file from client's machine.Thanks in advance.  Good luck on that one! This sample might help. It passes a string value from a windows component to the web page. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////...

where is the value saved of the form controls(such as textbox) in post backs?
hello! I have some puzzle in view state.I have just read an article in Msdn about view state.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972976.aspx,It says, there are many stages in the life cycle of the page,and the Stage 2 is Load View State,the Stage 3  is Load Postback Data.In Stage 2 ,it says : During this stage, the view state data that had been saved from the previous page visit is loaded and recursively populated into the control hierarchy of the Page. And the Stage 3 is Load Postback data of the form controls, My first question is: what is the difference of the view stat...

Posting values from one web form to another aspx page
How would I post the values from a form in my application to another form in someone elses application using vb.net? I understand it differs from asp 3.0 as pages in asp.net 1.1 post to themselves and a redirect doesn't post the values to the other form. Any help would be appreciated. If its on the same server try Context.Items["name"] = myText; Server.Transfer("page.aspx"); The application is on a different server. Would/Could/Should I have my aspx page redirect to a asp page which would then collect and transmit the values to the "other" app...

How to pass form values to a page using button web controls?
I am having problems working out how to produce some code for a web site administration section. What I am trying to do is to show a list of the categories, as taken from the database. There are then buttons to edit or delete a selected category, as well as the ability to add a new category. What I have done previously, in ASP, is to have a form at the top of the page with a couple of hidden fields, one for the action and one for the category ID, and then used javascript to change those values according to which button was pressed, and submitted the form. So far, I have used a Repeater...

Composite Control
I've just got put back onto my old project and I spent a few hours getting back to grips with it.  The main part of it is a Composite Control I've built.This composite control builds itself from an XML file. It might contain 10 drop downs, 5 textboxes, or even 100 radio button lists.I have a strange issue when the parent page is refreshed via. a PostBack.  ----I set a drop down's value to the 9th item in the list. I click a button on the page to refresh it via a PostBack. When I go through the :         public override void RenderControl(System.We...

error while post back the page if any input control(textBox) has value &#
Im working in Asp.net 2.0 and Ajax 1.0 Im getting error while post back the page if any input control(textBox) has value &# im not getting error even it has value #&  Please help.... Hi ajith P T The “&#” is a special word in HTML, it might be forbid during the postback because of the security issue.If you need this in your TextBox, you can set the ValidateRequest="false" on your <%@ Page %> tag to avoid the error. Just like the following demo:  <%@ Page Language="C#" ValidateRequest="false" %> <!DOCTY...

Web resources about - Page not a post back choosing Controls Value - asp.net.web-forms

Choosing Wisely - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The campaign addresses the problem of patients receiving unnecessary health treatment, reasoning that this results in poor outcomes for the patient ...

Teens Choosing Tumblr, Foursquare Over Facebook
In terms of social media preferences, teenagers have been hard to quantify. A study released recently by youth market research firm Ypulse shows ...

Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die (2011) - Full Documentary - YouTube
In this documentary Terry Pratchett discusses his Alzheimer's and how it is slowly eroding away his life and his talent. He meets others with ...

Choosing the right digital camera for New Zealand scenery
As a stand-in for Switzerland, our neighbour has it all and just hours away.

Port seeks AFL's help in choosing Primus's successor
Port seeks AFL's help in choosing Primus's successor

Choosing an open-source CMS, part 3: Why we use WordPress
In the third part of a three-part series, we look at two organizations that have chosen WordPress as their content management system.

The concise guide to choosing a data centre partner
Part one: price, availability and power. Choosing a data centre partner is a long-term decision, and the initial stages of mapping requirements, ...

Sandy Hook survivor Kaitlin Roig-Debellis reveals hiding place in Choosing Hope book
HERS was the very first classroom when entering Sandy Hook Elementery School.

Pakistani Taliban choosing new leader

Choosing lore and life: the campaign against Aboriginal youth suicide
Peter McConchie, a social justice advocate, aims to reduce the Aboriginal youth suicide rate, which has soared to become the highest in the world. ...