Opening an existing Form (page) and getting its value to update the existing page.

Hello there,

I have made some forms (called the Setup forms), and now I have a requirement to call this forms on the Transaction page too, for instance on the transaction page I have a Dropdownlist which includes all the country name, now for instance if the country is not in the Dropdownlist, there will be a Button (Add new country) just beside the Dropdownlist, and upon clicking that button an existing form (setup countries) should appear in a Modal Dialogue and after the fields are entered and submitted the Modal Popup should disappear, Updating the Countries Dropdownlist only.

I thought of Panels and the Modal Popup extender (from AjaxControlToolkit) but the question is should I re-make and re-programme all the setup forms again,  there are (approx.) 20 setup forms, in the project, and so I might have to re-design and program those forms on different panels on every transaction page.

I need experts advice on how to coupe with this requirement in Asp.Net. I am using Framework 2.0 with VS 2005

Regards,

Ammar Hassan
0
programmar

Can anyone help me with this!

Ammar Hassan
0
programmar
3/5/2008 12:47:28 AM

programmar:

I thought of Panels and the Modal Popup extender (from AjaxControlToolkit) but the question is should I re-make and re-programme all the setup forms again,  there are (approx.) 20 setup forms, in the project, and so I might have to re-design and program those forms on different panels on every transaction page.

So You are using AJAX Control Tool Kit  all the setup must be present inside the panel and it can be called as modal dialogue

Yasser
Spica.
www.spica.ae
www.bncnetwork.net
Please remember to mark as answers if this helps
0
shayas
3/5/2008 7:27:27 AM

shayas:

So You are using AJAX Control Tool Kit  all the setup must be present inside the panel and it can be called as modal dialogue

But in that case all the designing and programming will be required all over again..
I simply want a WAY to call the existing (already programmed and ready) ASPX pages to open as MODAL POPUP Dialouge..

and secondly How can I update or TRIGGER update of an UPDATE Panel or lemme ask it this way How can I programmatically Fire an EVENT in C#

Ammar Hassan
0
programmar
3/5/2008 7:55:01 AM

programmar:
I simply want a WAY to call the existing (already programmed and ready) ASPX pages to open as MODAL POPUP Dialouge..

You may use modal dialogue using javascript but one thing remember if u use javascript then the opened setup page should not have any postback go through these link

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/showmodalwebform.aspx

http://www.aspspider.com/rss/Rss16460.aspx

and you can find how to use modal popup

programmar:
How can I update or TRIGGER update of an UPDATE Panel or lemme ask it this way How can I programmatically Fire an EVENT in C#

If u place any control that does post back in the update panel then and also go through this link abt update panel

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/tutorials/IntroductionUpdatePanel.aspx

Yasser
Spica.
www.spica.ae
www.bncnetwork.net
Please remember to mark as answers if this helps
0
shayas
3/6/2008 4:54:29 AM

Hey thanks that was a useful resource you posted there.. but There is more I wanna do!!

Now as I stated earlier the need of this arised cuz I have having dropdownslists that fetch data from master setup tables, and if the Item is not there the user should not BROWSE BACK to the Master Setups and Enter data from there and come back for the transaction, so my Modal Popup thing is resolved and somewhat the updating of the panel too cuz the __doPostback resolved it Some what, the only issue remainging is that, the form contains quite a lot of dropdownlists (all populated from the maseter setups) and some are dependent on the other Dropdownlist's select index change and some are stand alone.!!!!

How can I update the Standalone Dropdownlists, if I do __doPostback the previously selected values RESET! I tried passing the Dropdownlist in the Control for postback and it didn't worked to I have a Function that Binds the Dropdowns is there any way I can call this function UPON the close of the MODAL dialogue

Thanks

Ammar Hassan
0
programmar

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Master Pages on Existing Web Forms
Hi, I have created a number of web forms for my website and only recently created a master page.  How can i attach that master page to my existing web forms? Well you have to do it by hand. You could try a very complicated Find-Replace. But my guess is that you will get more errors then results. Start by creating a page that has a masterpage attached and look at its format. Compare your old pages with the new. You really can't do it without redoing it all. But hey , this is a chance for you to do some cleaning in you code. I went through that masterpage descovery a while b...

Test if Web Form Control exists on page
Hi Is there a way that i can test to see if a control exists on the page, for example a dropdownlist control called "ddl1" Would something like this work? If ddl1.Enabled Then ' do something End If Not sure whether it would as it's just testing to see if it's enabled not whether it is actually on the page. Cheers :) JDWeb Monkey Hi, The Enabled property of the DropDownList basically determines whether or not to the control is functional on the web browser. One way to find out whether or not the control exists on the Page is to assign a valu...

Adding Master Page to existing Web Forms
Hi,I've just discovered the wonderful concept of Master Pages in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.I would like to add this functionality to my already existing Web Forms. Building these pages all over again is not something I'm looking forward to.Is it possible to add a new Master Page to my existing pages? If so, which steps do I have to take to accomplish this?regards,Diederik  First construct your master page. Make a complete backup of the site. The pages can probably be converted directly, however the way I would proceed is on a content page by content p...

Is there a way to add MVC to an existing web-forms-based web site so that the old .aspx pages still work alongside MVC?
I have an existing web site that needs to continue working in its old fashion as I make updates to it. I want to add the MVC framework to the web site, and then, as time permits, I want to be able to convert the original web forms-based pages into MVC-style actions/urls/views/etc. All the while, having both styles of pages working at the same time, so that I could for example update one section of the web site to use MVC and leave the rest of the site still using the web form style. Is this possible? Is it just as easy as doing it, or is there some special configuration t...

Single page form or Multi-page form?
Currently, I have a single, one form ASP.NET page.  When the page loads there is a textbox with a submit button.  You are asked to enter an id and, on submit, it checks my database for a match.  If a match is not found then additional fields appears on the same page.  (FYI: The fields are wrap in a div tag.  The div tags visibility set to "hidden".  On postback I reset the visibility attribute to "visible" as long as there isn't a match.  If there IS a match then the div remain hidden and the user is asked to try again.) Th...

Remote web form population from existing aspx page.
Be gentle guys, im pretty new to .net ..... At first glance there seemed to be masses of information on this (using httpwebrequest mainly) but after hours of fumbling around i just cant get it to work (no doubt due to my huge inexperience).  I have an existing aspx page which is used to populate a database (mixture of text fields, drop downs and check boxes.The current situation is that once this page has been used to enter data to our in-house system, a seperate aspx page on a third party website has to also be completed with identical data (see where this is going..) The requiremen...

Creating Web Form on a pre existing HTML page
Hi, I want to create an online registration page using ASP.NET/C# and embed it into a pre existing html page. So far, I have saved the html page and its associated content folder inside my web app's folder. After renaming the html to .aspx and adding the directive on top, I can add web controls from the toolbox to the new page but I can't add the C# code to respond to events in the usual manner. I think I am missing something. I know that Master Pages and Themes can do this but I was wondering if there was a simpler solution.  Any help in this regard will be ap...

Multiple Page Web-forms, without passing earlier pages values to the next one?
I am using RH9, postgreSQL and perl5. Is it possible to get users to submit multiple page web-forms but not to pass values from one form to the next? I would like to store each page to the database server as it is submitted. Also, to build in the process to resume the web-form submission at a later time e.g say there are twent pages to submit and the user stops feeding the forms at the tenth form. I would like to email the user a reminder so he can log back in and start from the eleventh form. Can anyone tell me if this sort of thing is implemented anywhere, so I can study it. Or, can anyone p...

master page and existed web page
i have developed one working web application already. I plan to put all the webpage into the master page format as menu. I added a master file into the application and then set the working page MasterPageFile ="~/DataEntry/MasterPage.master"  build and run. it seems did not work. Any link have the solution. I assumed I need to change the page as content ...   Thx.   Hello, What is the problem you are experiencing?  A physical error, or you don't see the master page portion?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live sec...

How to preserve values in a web form when navigating to a different page and then going back to the original page using the back button ?
   I am working on a C#/ASP.NET web application. The web application basically consist of 3 web forms. Each form contains several controls such as an edit box, and some drop down list box controls. Basically I need to find out how to preserve the values in a web form when a person navigates to a different page. For example, suppose that in my web application I navigate from my first page (First.aspx) to my second page (Second.aspx). Now if I press the browsers back button, I want the application to retain the values for the controls that were in my first web form "first....

How I could Make user controls to take The new value from updated web form page?
I have webform Page That I change values in classess throeugh it but on calling the "User control"pages It dosent responed to the changing the Question is How I could Make IT to take The new value from updated web form page? Declare a public property in the user control and set it from the page.Example:  User controlPublic Property ChangeName() As String   Get           return custName.text   End Get   Set (byval value as String)         custNa...

Web resources about - Opening an existing Form (page) and getting its value to update the existing page. - asp.net.web-forms

Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Association , has stated on a Fox News Sunday interview that exclusions, based upon these ...

How To Launch Existing Apps, Services From Facebook Developer SocialAppsHQ Under Your Brand
Facebook application developer SocialAppsHQ launched a white-label version of its platform, which allows agencies and other clients to create ...

A New Way To Re-Engage Your Existing Mobile App Users
Today we are introducing a new way to re-engage your mobile app users with Facebook ads. You can now advertise to people who have taken specific ...

Facebook expands IPO with additional 83.8M shares from existing stockholders
... according to an eighth amendment to its S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Most of these shares are being sold by existing ...

How do you grow your brand through existing clients?
Anna Farmery and I are doing a podcast this week on how to leverage happy clients to grow your brand. We'd love to include your advice in ...

Anytune for Existing Anytune Pro Customers - Choose the Perfect Pitch. for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad ...
Get Anytune for Existing Anytune Pro Customers - Choose the Perfect Pitch. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Albert Einstein ...
Pretty dreary here today, but this stop sign caught my attention. Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo. Make a photo ...

SIMple plan: More consumers taking existing mobile phones to new plans to 'enjoy freedom'
More Australians are holding on to their existing mobile phones when signing up to post-paid plans, saying they enjoy the "freedom and flexibility" ...

US existing home sales fall in August
... as investors retreated from real estate and first-time buyers remained scarce. The National Association of Realtors says sales of existing ...

Time to make existing fire-zone homes safer?
It's a timely question to pose.