open default email client with server load of address.

asp.net I need to present user with list box of user names as text and email address as value.  User selects multiple user names (email address values) and then clicks on link button.  Server loads "mailto" with from, to, replyto, subject, body and opens client default email client with server driven info.  How can this be done?  I do not want to limit to outlook.  Must open default email client.

0
sconard

 check this out:

http://jelle.druyts.net/PermaLink.aspx?guid=b8e15df1-5948-4f87-a976-b858a65c9baa

NAbeel
--*Please mark as answer if you find this post helpful*--
0
nabeelsage
10/15/2008 8:43:54 PM

Thank you but the following (suggested in the above link) does not work from an ascx control on an aspx page.  I Googled "system.diagnostics.process.start mailto" and found a half dozen ways to call the same thing but none function.

Private Sub lbutOpenEmailClient_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lbutOpenEmailClient.Click

Process.Start("mailto:user@example.com?subject=TestSubject&body=TestBody")

End Sub

0
sconard
10/16/2008 1:49:21 PM
What actually happens when you try it? Does the line get executed without any result? or do you get an exception/error message?

NAbeel
--*Please mark as answer if you find this post helpful*--
0
nabeelsage
10/16/2008 4:09:08 PM

Line executes without exception or error.  There is an os "ping" soundwave that it produces whenever it hits that line of code but I find nothing in events or logs.

0
sconard

Web resources about - open default email client with server load of address. - asp.net.web-forms

Default logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Default logic is a non-monotonic logic proposed by Raymond Reiter to formalize reasoning with default assumptions. Default logic can express ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube
Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube

Local bourse will suffer if US defaults
The picture is a worrying one for Australian investors if the impasse with the US debt ceiling is not resolved by the Thursday deadline.

Mortgage default risk rising
Moody's says housing affordability has 'deteriorated significantly', increasing default risk.