OleDb - Access DB query versus query in Command Object

I have a very complex query with 6 table Joins.

I created the query in Access because I thought that the query would be compiled or prepared.
I did some tests to compare the time with which I could access 100 results from the Access Query and then the same 100 results from just pasting the query string into the OleDb Command object.
I noticed that pasting the query into OleDB command object was slightly faster then just selecting from the Query in Access.
Can anyone Concur?
0
notoriousvic

A query is a view, and I don't think there's much difference in performance when you add a where clause that's dynamic.  It just makes your sql look cleaner.

Kay Lee
MySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragie
Infrastructure Group
MySpace.com