OK and Cancel option (confirmation)

I want to do provide ok and cancel option with ASP.Net button.

Scenario : User will click on the button "Get Price". I will call some procedures / database call and manipulate some data and will calculate price.

I want to show messagebox to user say ex.  "The calculated price is: 12.34. Do you want to proceed?". with OK and Cancel option.

If user press OK then proceed with further operation and cancel will not do anything.

 Please suggest me the code. Thanks

-1
Anonymous2304

<asp:Button ID="myButton" runat="server" Text="Get Price" OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure?');" />

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
-1
DisturbedBuddha
4/2/2008 5:03:27 PM

 you an use ajax modal pop up xtender:

check out:

http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/10/yui_style_yesno_confirm_dialog.html

Thanks,
Karan

~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~
-1
karan
4/2/2008 6:09:06 PM

If your button id is button1, do this:

button1.OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you abosulutely sure you want to do this?');"

Jahedx99
www.progtalk.com
1
Jahedx99
4/2/2008 6:46:28 PM

I want to do server calls / db calls , calculate price. And after calculating price, wish to display message

"The price is : 13.52", Do you want to proceed?"

1
Anonymous2304
4/3/2008 9:51:46 AM

if you want to do in the middle of your code means after pressing button you will cal some thing and after that you want to display message then this is not possible in web application .If you want do display message on button click and if you will press ok the code will execute else not then many one have give you write solution above you can chose one of them.

but what i got you want that after pressing button there will some cal and after these cal there will be message this can happen only in windows application

i think so

-1
harminder
4/3/2008 10:04:38 AM

Anonymous2304 :

I want to do server calls / db calls , calculate price. And after calculating price, wish to display message

"The price is : 13.52", Do you want to proceed?"

Hi Anonymous2304  ,

One way to achieve that is using the ASPNET HiddenField Control to pass the calculated price and retrieve it at the CLient side.. see below for demo

function confirm()
{

  var price = document.getElementById('<%= HiddenField1.ClientID %>').value;

  if (confirm("The price is:"+ "" + price + "" + ",Do you want to proceed?")==true)
    return true;
  else
    return false;
}

</script >

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClick="Button1_Click" OnClientClick="return confirm();" />
<asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField1" runat="server" />

Another way around is to create you own Message Popup using Divs with CSS styles...

Hope that Helps!

Regards,Vinz

vinz
4/3/2008 10:06:58 AM

put this code in your button property named onClientClick    return confirm("your message?")

Chandana
0
chandana

Confirm Message Box with OK or Cancel option in C#
Hi  All, I have a function call which  results in two conditions(True and False).When the condition is false,I wanted the code to display a message box with the two options (OK and Cancel) and when the user clicks the OK button It should direct to another page. Please anyone help me with the code ( in C# ) to display a confirm message box with this two options.Its urgent. Thanks for your help.     private void button3_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (MessageBox.Show("Really delete?","Confirm delete", MessageBoxButto...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

confirm ,ok, cancel
hi I am using 2 buttons named edit and update. in asp.net and c#. There is one textbox control named "txtSelectionsNew". there is 1 datagrid.,it is having bound column edit i.e push button. when i click edit button in datagrid,the corresponding fields will display into textfiled named txtselectionsnew. at that time i am making readonly for this text control true. after clicking on edit,i'll change that textbox control and i'll do update by clicking on update.for updation i wrote one function. when i click on update button,confirm box will show ok,cancel. for this i wrote javascript c...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - OK and Cancel option (confirmation) - asp.net.web-forms

Confirmation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bishop administering Confirmation. Rogier van der Weyden , The Seven Sacraments , 15th century. normally carried out through anointing , the ...

Confirmation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bishop administering Confirmation. Rogier van der Weyden , The Seven Sacraments , 15th century. normally carried out through anointing , the ...

Facebook Reportedly Acquires Gowalla, No Confirmation From Either Company
... “most” of its employees and founder Josh Williams over to Palo Alto headquarters to work on Timeline, according to CNN. We could not get confirmation ...

Twitter reactions to the #Fed confirmation
... over Twitter — the last time that a new chairperson was appointed, Twitter wasn’t around. Within half an hour of the milestone confirmation, ...

Senate Confirmation Hearing (200910150008HQ) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
U.S. Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., Chairman of the of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, makes a point during the ...

John Kerry Confirmation Hearing: Questioned About Vietnam vs. Current U.S. Policy - YouTube
Secretary of State nominee, a vet who later protested Vietnam, faces questions from Sen. Rand Paul.

Republicans force delay on Hagel confirmation
... answers from US President Barack Obama's pick to head the Pentagon have forced Senate leaders to delay a vote, throwing Chuck Hagel's confirmation ...

Is this confirmation Prince George and Princess Charlotte's nanny is Mary Poppins?
The christening of Princess Charlotte was touted as &quot;modern&quot;. No one told the nanny.

Jurgen Klopp Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp news, Jurgen Klopp Liverpool confirmation
JURGEN Klopp is officially the new Liverpool manager.

Is this confirmation Prince George and Princess Charlotte's nanny is Mary ...
Sydney Morning Herald Is this confirmation Prince George and Princess Charlotte's nanny is Mary ... Sydney Morning Herald There were many ...