Number Format and String Format ?

Suppose I have a number "1", how can change the number format to "001" ?

How can I convert the number "1" into string format "001" ?

Thx for your help ~

:)

0
Sprite

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconnumericformatstrings.asp

int x = 1;
Response.Write(x.ToString("000"));

Steven A Smith
AspAlliance.com - The #1 ASP.NET Community
DevAdvice.com - Answers to Questions
0
ASPSmith
4/25/2005 5:25:34 AM

If you got your data from SQL Stored Procedure, you can do the formating in your query:

RIGHT('000' + CAST(Col1 AS varchar), 3)

-- Tough People Do Tough Task --

0
ahooi99
4/25/2005 5:46:24 AM

It works ~

Thank you very much~

:)

Yes [Y]

0
Sprite

What are proper format strings for String.format, Number.format, etc?
Hi guys, I just started using the client side version of the Ajax framework. Everything is working out so far, except that I can't seem to be able to format any strings of numbers the way I want. Wheather I use the String.format or Number.format functions, I just keep getting Sys.FormatException errors. What are the proper format strings? I tried the relevant ones that I use in C#, but it just doesn't work.Help would be much appreciated!  I believe D, C, N, and P are the only valid ones for numbers (client side).Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex ...

How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ?
How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ? 1    orginalValue  // value will be 1265.48 2    percentString // value after applying percentage format will be 126548 %3    requiredvalue // value should be 1265.48  I converted the string from orginalValue to percentString, now i need to convert back to requiredvalue. Is there any way to do ? regards, Ananth RM - msarm.com  string percentString="126548 %";double value=double.Parse(percentString.Replace("%","").Tri...

How to format a percent number as decimal using string.format in VB?
Hi, I have a GridView-Control with labels which contain numbers in percentformat, which are formatted in the RowDataBound-Event, but when I try to update the GridView i get the Invalid String format Exception because the labels are in the percentage Format like -27,5% but i need this number as double-value like 0.275. How can I convert the number from percentage to number? Any idea?  Thanks in forward,  Vlad  Dim str as string = percentlabel.Text ' Get rid of percentage sign str = str.Replace("%", "") ' Check if you can convert dim dbl as ...

Curency format /String.Format
   Dim subtotal As String = price * quatity 'price and  quatity  are Decimal type.  subtotal = String.Format("{0:c}", subtotal) I  want to get the sub total  in currency format  ie somedigits.twodigits (eg 100000.50), i dont want $ or any such symble before the digits. I tried the above code but it fails why?     Hey if you just want to format to 2 decimal places use {0:n2} Use the following format: {0:n2}Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET try out as         decima...

FOrmating SQL DateType to String Format
I have the information below PRINT REPLACE(REPLACE(CONVERT(varchar(50), GetDate()), ' ', ''), ':', '')  What I would Like to do is run the query above  and get date of this type '2003-05-08 12:35:29.998'  returned as '20030508123529998' I know GetDate does not even come up with date in the first format so I need to know which way to get it in the first format so that I can run the query and get the second format string returned to me. Thanks in Advance.Net Web/Software Engineer  PRINT REPLACE(REPLACE(CONVERT(varchar(50...

Converting from String format to date format.
I am inputting dates on a webform using a textbox. This leaves the date in string format. I want to store the date in the database as a Date format. Does anyone know how to convert the Date from String to Date format?thanks,macca Why not use the Cdate(textbox1.text) ?My Regards to All,Jason -- O-H-I-O Go Buckeyes! #1--- LIVESTRONG.ORG --- Please support the battle against cancer! Hi macca,The best approach will depend on the format that you require for the dates. Certainly the easiest format would be based on the CurrentCulture ShortDate format (M/d/yyyy for en-US). If the required date ...

Format bug in String.Format() method?
I think I found a bug."{0:#0.00}" supposed to yeild 2 decimal places always right?This doesn't work (at lease not with the decimal type).  I tried multiple cases and it just doesn't do anything to the format.It's weird.  I tried "{0:#,##0.00}" and it works for ONLY values > 1000.  Anything < 1000, it doesn't do any formating whatsoever. Anyone else experience this? I don't think it is a bug."{0:#,##0.00}" works for ONLY values > 1000.It is right because you specify three '#' and one '0...

String (number) formatting
I just can't understand this formatting in .NET. Here's my problem: I have a string that I know for sure that is a number. I want to output that string like this: 123 -> 123.00 12345.67 -> 12345.67 Could you please help me? And what if I want to output the same string like this: 12345.67 -> 12,345.67 Thanks in advance.What am I doing???????? Learning ASP.NET????? Check out String formatting FAQSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb Try This, Response.Write(Format(CType("123", Integer), "000....

formating string or number
Dear all,i am bit new to dotnet world, i am making web application using asp.net and C# (Visual studio2005).I wanted to Know how i can format string or number. Like if i select textbox to show only six digit. then even it is one digit it has to show as six digitplease give me some link or examplesThanks regardsimran khan  I think string.Format can do the easy job for you. but i forgot the formating sytax.. here is quick code for you  private string SixDigits(int i)        {          &nb...

Formatting Web forms
hi, Could someone tell me what is the best way to format textboxes,lables etc on the webform. When I open and close the form they loose the formatting. Please help. CSS is a good thing for your issue. I'm busy and do not have the time to explain it but should be very easy to find in a search engine. CSS = Cascading Style Sheets Are you using VS.NET, that's a part of the editor. See this post for a possible workaround. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires...

Input string was not in a correct format for Formatted Currency
Ok, when I bind a textbox in my FormView I'm changing the format to currency (<%# Bind("TotalValue","{0:c}") %>).  When I click Update I get "Input string was not in a correct format" since TotalValue is Int32 data type. Shouldn't it convert it back to Int32 when it updates the db?  Or do I have to do it manually, and if so how? Money should not be int in the database because you need decimal places, so you use money, smallmoney, decimal and numeric for money.  Try the link below for currency related formatting in .NET.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.micro...

Dropdownlist not formatting text using String.Format()?
Any hints why the dropdownlist (.NET 3.5 ASPX web page) shows the ListItem.Text as being formated correctly, but when displayed in the dropdownlist all formatting (spaces) are removed? Code snippet:  1 With uxAllSizes 2 3 .Items.Clear() 4 5 Dim SizesDisplay As New ListItemCollection 6 7 For Each Size As DataRow In dtSizes.Rows 8 9 Dim aSize As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListItem 10 aSize.Value = Size("SizeID&q...

Date in string format has to be changed datetime format
I have date coming to one page as a string in the following format"May 4 2005 12:00AM" I need to query one of my tables using this date in combination of other nondate values. How can I convert this date into valid sql server datetime format before I query a database tables Please help   Hi,you can use Sql function CONVERT :convert(datetime,MYPARAM,110)scu That format will work -- depending on your locale.  The recommended date format for SQL Server is the ISO format: YYYYMMDD HH:MM:SS.MS Note that :SS.MS can be left off, or the entire time portion can be left off and t...

How to Convert string format data in to binary Format
hai Everyone i am getting  value from string  but i unable to get it from binary.so plz tell me how to convert string format to binary Format public static byte[] ConvertStringToByteArray(string stringToConvert) {     return (new UnicodeEncoding()).GetBytes(stringToConvert); }James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD...

Web resources about - Number Format and String Format ? - asp.net.web-forms

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Meet Fred Rodell — He Has Our Number
A book on the legal profession from the 1930s s just as prescient and on point about us and our profession as it was when first published almost ...

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade by the Numbers: You Won't Believe How Many Clowns!
"It's probably the only place you'll see Dolly Parton in a van talking to Kermit the Frog." So says John Piper, VP of Macy's Studio, whose team ...

A number of iPad Pro users are experiencing unresponsive tablets after charging
On the market for less than a week, some iPad Pro users are already experiencing an issue. First reported by Mac Kung Fu , a number of iPad Pro ...

"But when the researchers crunched the numbers to find out if there's an upper limit to improving well-being ...
"... they found that the happiness maxed out at sex about once a week." "This showed a linear association between sex and happiness up to a ...

How to fix that weird iPhone 'glitch' where someone's number keeps popping up even after you delete them ...
Sometimes you just need to delete someone’s number from your phone. The act can be cathartic, and also stop you from texting them at one of your ...

Roxas' camp on latest survey: Our numbers are improving
... bet trailing behind two other candidates, the administration party says the latest Pulse Asia survey shows that Manuel "Mar" Roxas III's numbers ...

How tech led to the death of France's public enemy number 1
When one of the terrorists involved in the Paris shootings dropped his smartphone in a trashcan outside the Bataclan concert venue on Friday ...

Morning Digest: Early voting numbers out of Louisiana offer cautious good news to Democrats
... the share of the black vote in the early voting electorate for the November 2014 Senate jungle primary was 33 percent.) But these numbers all ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 6:33:56 PM