Number/Decimal Formatting Question

"0:#,###.00}"only works when the number is > 1000

For Example...

0 -> 0

999 -> 999

1001 -> 1,001.00

 Is this a bug?  Or is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

0
rasmasyean

That is just one of the options try the link below for the whole chart.  Hope this helps.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconcustomnumericformatstringsoutputexample.asp

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
9/26/2006 8:09:18 PM
Are you telling me that I have to actually do an if-then statement to handle numbers >=1000 and
0
rasmasyean
9/26/2006 8:32:36 PM

rasmasyean:
Are you telling me that I have to actually do an if-then statement to handle numbers >=1000 and <1000 separately? I have to have a separate format for each of those cases?

 Above Post messed up..

Are you telling me that I have to actually do an if-then statement to handle numbers >=1000 and <1000 separately? I have to have a separate format for each of those cases?[/

0
rasmasyean
9/26/2006 8:33:35 PM

I don't think so but the links also from Microsoft are full of options.

http://blogs.msdn.com/kathykam/archive/2006/03/29/564426.aspx

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/format.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie