Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses

Hello ppl..

My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution?
Thanks in advance
Bracoute
0
bracoute

How are you running the email process?  Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time?  If not, this should take care of that.  Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the database.  Please explain more on the non existing email account, I assume you mean something like name@blah without .com or something screwed up.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
2/25/2004 12:26:40 PM
are you sending one email to multiple addresses in one shot?

or
are you sending the same email individually to a list of email addresses ?
i.e.
is there one email with N number of recipients
or
N emails each with one recipient ?

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
2/25/2004 1:44:38 PM
Hello...

Thanks for your replies... I've got one mail that i relay via IIS to many email addresses at one go... that is by putting multiple recipients (each of them followed by a ';')... Does that help?
Thanks in advance
bracoute
0
bracoute
2/25/2004 2:07:41 PM
My email is relayed to a group of addresses (each seperated by a ;)... But if one of these email addresses doesn't exist, none of them goes

0
bracoute
2/26/2004 11:36:56 AM
for privacy reasons, i've never done it that way.

i create one message, and send it individually to each address in a loop.

it surprises me the the entire send would fail when using smtp addresses if all the smtp addresses are well formed (someone@somewhere.com). The sending smtp server actually has no way of knowing (possibly) for days, that an email address cant be linked to a valid mailbox.
are you positive that each address in the list is well formed ? no funny characters etc...
the alternative (which is my SOP on email) is to create a message object and send it to everybody in the list, but do just one recipient at a time.
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige

Sending email to non-registered email addresses
Hello, I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system Under Bugzilla Version 2.18rc3 Thanks -wdj On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email > adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system No. -- http://wurblzap.net/ Bugzilla hosting and professional support On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a b...

EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list
I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail to a list. Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce messages in return - - since it is no longer valid. What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it won't be included as if I had not removed it? -- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL TOM BLACKWELL wrote: > > I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. > > An ad...

Web form to email, database, and multiple email addresses
I tried following the video about web forms as well as reading numerous posts in these forums, but I cannot get my web form to work properly.  It's not emailing any info at all.  I have uploaded the form as it is to my website if it helps you to look at it from there.  It's at <a href="http://www.deesdogcare.com/contact/default.aspx">http://www.deesdogcare.com/contact/default.aspx</a> which is not visible anyplace on the site.   Here is my .aspx page code: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="...

sending to email addresses @email.com
Hello, I am experiencing strange errors.. but only on one particular email suffix i can email any address but as soon as i get xxxxx@email.com i get an error any one had the same error ? Thanks When do you get the error? What does the error say?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Is it possible that you are banned or on some kind of spammer list for them?...

what if email address is wrong when sending email ?
 Hi Guys, Is there any way to get error info when sending email if to or cc email address is wrong? I am using asp.net with c# and using local SMTP server. Thanks in advance. Justin  define "wrong". If you mean it's not a valid FORMAT, meaning no @ and no "." then yes... you can.If you mean that the account doesn't existing...then Nope.... you can't. You can validate the email address to make sure that it is in a valid format, but your ASP.NET application only handles sending the email to the SMTP server.  You can't get a...

Default email address for sending emails
Hi, My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. Can you tell me where to do this? Catherine Catherine wrote, On 23/07/08 14:14: > Hi, > > My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up > to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. > Can you tell me where to do this? > > Catherine First question , are all accounts setup to use 'Use default server' in their Account Settings > Mail accou...

Send email to each email address in database
Hi, I'm trying to write a web form which allows my client to put their raw html into a textbox and then click send and it will send the email to each individual email address in the database. I want it to send the emails individually not compile a long list of emails in BCC field so i know I'm going to need a foreach loop. Just not sure where to go from here: email.aspx Message<asp:TextBox ID="BodyTextBox" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" /><br /> <asp:Button ID="EmailButton" runat="server" Text="Send emai...

default email address for sending email
How do I set this? Thanks David K melbourne.au On 7/29/2006 3:49 PM, D Kinston wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have replied at the bottom: > How do I set this? > > Thanks > > David K > melbourne.au Click tools/account settings. Click the specific account in the left pane of the new window. Fill in appropriate boxes in the right pane. -- Dennis M. Marks Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not included. Not for internal use. Don't ru...

Insert Email Address as a Link When Composing and Email Address
I see how to insert links to url's when I composw emails in Mozilla 1.6. I can't figure out how to insert an email address which will allow the recipient the option of composing a message to the inserted address without copying and pasting. Is it possible? Thanks, John John Baum wrote: >I see how to insert links to url's when I composw emails in Mozilla 1.6. I can't figure out how to insert an email address which will allow the recipient the option of composing a message to the inserted address without copying and pasting. Is it possible? > > I thoug...

Send 1 email to 60000 email addresses
I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) and send a message to all of them. Will GroupWise even support this? I am on GroupWise 6.5.7 (6.5.6 with Security Updates). I do not have an API gateway installed. Any ideas? Sure. Will your INTERNET connection support this? "Rhonda Richardson" <rrichardson@kcumb.edu> wrote in message news:1xZNg.3068$lb5.1592@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) >and send a message to all of them. > > Will GroupWis...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

DNN only sending email to Domain email addresses
My DNN seems to be only sending email to email addresses within my domain name. i.e. support@mydomain.com etc... I've added the admin email account to my domain, my admin account uses this email account. Only bulk email to the domain name email addresses are getting email, only password reminders are being sent to domain name email addresses. I am using the Portal Store 6.4 and If I create a customer with a email address using my domain name this customer receives confirmation of his order. However if I create a customer with an email address such as someone@yahoo.com (using a rea...

error sending emails with a period in email address
I'm running Groupwise 7 and using Outlook 2003 as a conduit for another program. If I send an email with a period(john.doe@comcast.net) in it through outlook or the program, it errors out with: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: john.oe.@comcast.net (551 not our customer) Possibly truncated original message follows: Sending it through Groupwise is fine. Any ideas? Thanks. This is a known bug with the beta version of the connector, I don't know what version of the OLC you are using, but this has been fixed in the SP1 release. O...

sending an email to a email address after a perl operation
Hi, I have a script named renamer.pl that takes images from a directory and renames images and stores image meta information in a mysql. i also have a script that sends an email notification when excecuted to a desired email address. is there away that i could combine the 2 scripts together, so when the meta information are inserted into MySQL, an email is sent to me. Cheers Mel ---------------------------------------emailtest.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl use Net::SMTP; print "Content-type: text/plain", "\n\n"; my $DEBUG = 1; if($DEBUG) ...

new data type: email address. validating email addresses at the database
Recently we had a problem where a bunch of email communications were not sent by our application because one email address, in the group, was not a valid email address. We develop in PB. The email message and email addresses are sent in batch to a black box which handles the details. In this instance, the message did not go out to any recepients because one email address was not valid. I was wondering if we might need a new email address data type? We would then not be able to save invalid email addresses to the database. Also, until we see the email address data type, an...

Changing email address
I have read this: A.8.1. How do I change my user name (email address) in Bugzilla? New in 2.16 - go to the Account section of the Preferences. You will be emailed at both addresses for confirmation. ref: http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.20/html/faq.html#faq-use-changeaddress To anyone who has done this, do ALL bug entries with old email address get changed to new email address in the cc-list field when you change account email details? To put it another way cc-list displays email addresses but internally is it actually a pointer to my account identity that is shown? ...

Sending Email Through Web Page won't send to internal addresses
This is a head scratcher. I have a process that sends emails to specific people after an action has been performed on the page. This works perfectly as long as the email addresses are to external accounts (hotmail etc...). Here is my code: Dim mailMessage As System.Web.Mail.MailMessage mailMessage = New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage() mailMessage.From = "Bob@Here.com" mailMessage.To = "Joe@Here.com;Fred@Here.com;Fred@hotmail.com" mailMessage.Subject = "Work Request issued" mailMessage.BodyFormat = Syste...

Email pointer to forward all email to another email address
Microsoft Exchange calls it a Email pointer when you want to automatically re-route emails from one email address to another email address (maintaining all received/sent from/to contact information). How is this done in GroupWise? WITHOUT using a RULE that does not maintain received from information. Wendy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebas...

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks! Hi, Try the following foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows) {     TextBox emailTextBox = (TextBox) row.FindControl("email");     SendEmail(emailTextBox.Text); } If you are storing email in a different control like Label then you need to replace the TextBox by Label, so it will be like this Label emailLabel = (Label) row.FindControl("email"); Your SendEmail function will get the email as parameter and you should be able to send the email to the passed email address. RegardsDon't forget to click (Mark as Answer) on the post that helped to solve your problem.  thanks guys!Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer*...

Difficulty in emailing people with vertizon.net email addresses
Name: Ed Lipsman Email: elipsmanatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Difficulty in emailing people with vertizon.net email addresses Comments: Hi-I'm complete clueless on tech. Lately, I have had problems emailing people with verizon.net addresses. Is this a problem with the browser or yahoo mail? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Feedback form
------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C33B64.FEE08040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, I am new to Perl, and as such has only started to look at some simple = commands, such as a guestbook email document. When on on page, I ask the user to complete an email field, when the = email is received, the email address is changed to say :- matty@hosting.123-reg.co.uk=20 instead of matty@xyz.co.uk for instance (not a real email account). The perl coded is :- #!/usr/bin/perl if ($ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} eq...

My Mozilla THUNDERBIRD Email site downloads emails and then cancels them before I can enter and read them. My ordinary CambridgeAcademy email address doesn't do this. It is very annoying. Why?
Name: Prof. Richard Price Email: richardatcambridgeacademydotbiz Product: Thunderbird Summary: My Mozilla THUNDERBIRD Email site downloads emails and then cancels them before I can enter and read them. My ordinary CambridgeAcademy email address doesn't do this. It is very annoying. Why? Comments: I enter my email address at Mozilla THUNDERBIRD and click on get mail it then downloads the emails and shows me that them downloading but then cancels the new emails off. WHY/ IT DIDN'T USED TO DO THIS AND IT IS VERY ANNOYING AS IT SHOWS ME THE EMAILS DOWNLOADED BEFORE THEY ...

sending form data to an email address
I want to be able to fill out a few textboxes on a web form and send the contents to an email address. How would I do this?   mark See if this link helps you http://www.aspheute.com/english/20000918.asp This article helps for 1.1 framework as the example uses System.Web.Mail namespace. if you are using 2.0 framework, then  you can use System.Net.Mail...You can get more information on this from http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/1.1.aspx it has many examples and sample code! Hope these helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti That h...

Web resources about - Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses - asp.net.web-forms

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

How To: (Possibly) Restore Your Contacts After The Switch To Facebook.com Email Addresses
Still having issues with lost contacts following Facebook’s recent controversial move to make Facebook.com email addresses the default emails ...

Facebook Users Can Now Opt Into Letting Friends Export Their Email Addresses via Download Your Information ...
Previously, Facebook's Download Your Information tool let users export an archive of their status updates, photos, as well as a list of friends' ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

President Bush Addresses the Nation (March 19, 2003) - YouTube
My fellow citizens, at this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people ...

Col. Starr Addresses 'Gay Rights' Claims, Clarifies
Congressional candidate Col. Michael Bob Starr is addressing an article on a conservative media website that labels him a &quot;gay rights activist.&quot; ...

Hillary Clinton Addresses African American Voters in Harlem
I am voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton for president. There. I said it. Assuming Clinton wins the Democratic Party nomination, I intend to ...

Highlights: Marco Rubio addresses his supporters
The most noteworthy moments from Marco Rubio's speech to his supporters following the South Carolina Primaries where he finished in a virtual ...

Doc Rivers says Blake Griffin won't be traded; injured star addresses media
Blake Griffin won't be traded according to president/coach Doc Rivers, and Griffin apologizes to the fans through the media.

Katie Holmes addresses the famous ‘glib’ interview on Today Show: artful?
Katie Holmes appeared on the Today Show yesterday to discuss her role as Carla, a poet with bi-polar disorder in the independent film Touched ...