Hey,

I have a datagrid that on average displays about 100 - 500 records depending on the status. At the moment it is just one screen that the users can scroll down. Now they only want to see 15 records on screen and have a next page link on the bottom of the screen.
I can't seem to find anything about this in the quickstarts. Is it something that anyone here has acheived, if so is it easy? or can someone let me know if they have seen a code sample floating around that I can have a look at.
Thanks
S.
0
SolPro

If you're using Visual Studio, right-click on the DG and choose Properties and you can set paging.  It will look like this:

<script runat="server"
Sub MyDataGrid_PageIndexChanged ( s As Object, e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs)
MyDataGrid.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
BindDataGrid ' this would be the Sub that had your connection string and recordset
</script>
<asp:DataGrid
ID="MyDataGrid"
AllowPaging ="True"
PageSize="15"
OnPageIndexChanged=MyDataGrid_PageIndexChanged
PagerStyle-Mode ="NumericPages"
Runat="server" />
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 12:08:05 AM
I am using the Matrix.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 12:14:41 AM
You can still use the same code.
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 12:17:30 AM
GREAT, thanks.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 12:20:20 AM
Too good to be true.

I got this error
BC30456: 'AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged' is not a member of 'ASP.Status_aspx'.
This is the code I have which makes my connection and build that grid basically. I am not sure where to put the first script part of you answer in here.
If Not IsPostBack Then
Dim ConnectString, SelectStatement As String
Header.AddPageName("Status Listing: " & (Session("QStatus")))
SelectStatement = "Select * From qryData_order Where quote_status_desc='" & _
(Session("QStatus")) & "' and bill_party_desc ='" & (Session("UserName")) & "'"
ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=c:\MITS2\MITS.mdb"
Connect.ConnectionString = ConnectString
Adapter.SelectCommand = _
new OleDbCommand(SelectStatement, Connect)
Adapter.SelectCommand.Connection.Open
Adapter.Fill(ClassyDS,"qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataSource = ClassyDS.Tables("qryData_order")
Page.DataBind
End If
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 12:33:13 AM
<script runat="server" >

Sub Page_Load
If Not IsPostBack Then
BindDataGrid
End If
End Sub
Sub BindDataGrid
Dim ConnectString, SelectStatement As String
Header.AddPageName("Status Listing: " & (Session("QStatus")))
SelectStatement = "Select * From qryData_order Where quote_status_desc='" & _
(Session("QStatus")) & "' and bill_party_desc ='" & (Session("UserName")) & "'"
ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=c:\MITS2\MITS.mdb"
Connect.ConnectionString = ConnectString
Adapter.SelectCommand = _
new OleDbCommand(SelectStatement, Connect)
Adapter.SelectCommand.Connection.Open
Adapter.Fill(ClassyDS,"qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataSource = ClassyDS.Tables("qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataBind ()
End Sub
Sub AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged ( s As Object, e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs)
AdsGrid.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
BindDataGrid
</script>
<head></head>
<form runat="server">
<asp:DataGrid
ID="AdsGrid"
AllowPaging ="True"
PageSize="15"
OnPageIndexChanged=AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged
PagerStyle-Mode ="NumericPages"
Runat="server" />
</form>
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 12:53:31 AM
The datagrid doesn't load now.

Here is the whole page of code;
<%@ Page Explicit="True" Language="VB" Debug="True" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="ASPFD" TagName="Header" Src="header.ascx" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %>
<script runat="server" >
Dim Connect As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection
Dim Adapter As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter
Dim ClassyDS As DataSet = New DataSet
Sub PageLoad
If Not IsPostBack Then
BindDataGrid
End If
End Sub
Sub BindDataGrid
Dim ConnectString, SelectStatement As String
Header.AddPageName("Status Listing: " & (Session("QStatus")))
SelectStatement = "Select * From qryData_order Where quote_status_desc='" & _
(Session("QStatus")) & "' and bill_party_desc ='" & (Session("UserName")) & "'"
ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=c:\MITS2\MITS.mdb"
Connect.ConnectionString = ConnectString
Adapter.SelectCommand = _
new OleDbCommand(SelectStatement, Connect)
Adapter.SelectCommand.Connection.Open
Adapter.Fill(ClassyDS,"qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataSource = ClassyDS.Tables("qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataBind ()
End Sub
Sub AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged ( s As Object, e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs)
AdsGrid.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
BindDataGrid
end sub
</script>
<head>
</head>
<aspfd:header id="Header" runat="server"></aspfd:header>
<asp:datagrid id="AdsGrid" AllowPaging ="True" PageSize="15" OnPageIndexChanged=AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged PagerStyle-Mode ="NumericPages" runat="server" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="Black" width="100%" backcolor="#BADAF8" border="1" autogeneratecolumns="false">
<HeaderStyle font-bold="True"></HeaderStyle>
<Columns>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="installation_id" HeaderText="TCA Reference"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="NMI" HeaderText="NMI"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="service_type_desc" HeaderText="Service"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="start_date" DataFormatString="{0:d}" HeaderText="Transfer"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="quote_line_id" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailmain.aspx?quote_line_id={0}" DataTextField="quote_line_id" HeaderText=">>>"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:datagrid>
<center>
</center>
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 1:42:37 AM
Where's your <form runat="server"> and </form> tags?
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 1:46:56 AM
Don't have any.  Here is the code of the page before changes and it worked fine, nor <forms> tags anywhere.

<%@ Page Explicit="True" Language="VB" Debug="True" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="ASPFD" TagName="Header" Src="header.ascx" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %>
<script runat="server">
Dim Connect As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection
Dim Adapter As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter
Dim ClassyDS As DataSet = New DataSet

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
If Not IsPostBack Then
Dim ConnectString, SelectStatement As String
Dim Status As String

Status = Trim(Request.QueryString("Status"))
Header.AddPageName("Status Listing: " & Status)
SelectStatement = "Select * From qryData_order Where quote_status_desc='" & _
Status & "' and bill_party_desc ='" & (Session("UserName")) & "'"
ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=c:\MITS2\MITS.mdb"
Connect.ConnectionString = ConnectString
Adapter.SelectCommand = _
new OleDbCommand(SelectStatement, Connect)
Adapter.SelectCommand.Connection.Open
Adapter.Fill(ClassyDS,"qryData_order")
AdsGrid.DataSource = ClassyDS.Tables("qryData_order")
Page.DataBind
End If
End Sub
</script>
<head>
</head>
<aspfd:header id="Header" runat="server"></aspfd:header>
<asp:datagrid id="AdsGrid" runat="server" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="Black" width="100%" backcolor="#BADAF8" border="1" autogeneratecolumns="false">
<HeaderStyle font-bold="True"></HeaderStyle>
<Columns>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="installation_id" HeaderText="TCA Reference"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="NMI" HeaderText="NMI"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="service_type_desc" HeaderText="Service"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="start_date" DataFormatString="{0:d}" HeaderText="Transfer"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="quote_line_id" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailmain.aspx?quote_line_id={0}" DataTextField="quote_line_id" HeaderText="&gt;&gt;&gt;"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:datagrid>
<center>
</center>
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 1:49:02 AM
You need them for paging to work.  Also, There's one line that's different.  Change:

AdsGrid.DataBind ()
back to
Page.DataBind
And see if that works.
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 1:53:31 AM
nah tried that, I was looking through the existing page to see if there may have been something different.

With the forms tags, I just chuck them around the html for the datagrid?
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 1:55:32 AM
Yes.
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 1:58:12 AM
nup this is too weird.

When I look in the design tab the datagrid is there with the 1 2 3 indicating the multiple pages hence paging is working.
When I run the app and click a link to that page the 'Header' loads but no grid, not even the piece of code that displays the status, it is like the sub is not running.
Here is the whole code with the forms changes.
[...]

<forms runat="server">
<aspfd:header id="Header" runat="server"></aspfd:header>
<asp:datagrid id="AdsGrid" runat="server" autogeneratecolumns="false" border="1" backcolor="#BADAF8" width="100%" bordercolor="Black" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" PagerStyle-Mode="NumericPages" OnPageIndexChanged="AdsGrid_PageIndexChanged" PageSize="15" AllowPaging="True">
<HeaderStyle font-bold="True"></HeaderStyle>
<Columns>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="installation_id" HeaderText="TCA Reference"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="NMI" HeaderText="NMI"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="service_type_desc" HeaderText="Service"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="start_date" DataFormatString="{0:d}" HeaderText="Transfer"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="quote_line_id" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailmain.aspx?quote_line_id={0}" DataTextField="quote_line_id" HeaderText=">>>"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:datagrid>
<center>
</center>
</forms>
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 2:09:10 AM
Is this the EXACT code?  If so, you made Form plural.  It should be <form runat="server"></form>.  You have "forms".
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 2:18:15 AM
PS, your Page_Load SUB is missing the underscore.  You have Sub PageLoad
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 2:19:38 AM
ok I put the _ there and now I get this..

Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected.

Line 9: Dim ClassyDS As DataSet = New DataSet
Line 10:
Line 11: Sub_PageLoad
Line 12:
Line 13: If Not IsPostBack Then

and the sub_... line is in red?
It must be something simple cause the grid is right in the design tab.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 2:24:57 AM
oh geez, never mind - I see what I have done.

Thanks for your help :)
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 2:30:06 AM
Underscore in the wrong place ;-)  I have "sticky fingers" when it comes to tpying too, not to mention terrible spelling <g>.

So is it working now?
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 2:33:51 AM
Yeh works fine now.

Just doing some cosmetic work to it but it is humming along.
Again Thanks.
S.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 3:29:05 AM
Glad to help.  Also, If you don't want numbers for paging you can add other tags and change:

PagerStyle-Mode ="NumericPages" to:
PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrev" - for Next/Prev paging
PagerStyle-NextPageText="Next" - for the text to display for "Next", ex:
PagerStyle-NextPageText="Next 15 Records"
The same is true for Previous, Ex::
PagerStyle-PrevPageText="Previous 15 Records"
PagerStyle-PageButtonCount="5" - Number of numeric buttons to show (default = 10)
And so forth.

--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 3:48:11 AM
One other thing, pretty trivial.  Where would I put some text to sit infront of the page numbers.  I would like to have "Jump to page - " in front of the row of numbers, can it be done?

S.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 3:49:03 AM
I think you must have read my mind with your last post in a way..
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 3:51:51 AM
:-)  Just thought you'd want to do more customizing.  There are a lot more tags too for Font, Font Size, Colors, Borders etc.  Anyway, good luck.  I'm off to bed.
--------

David Berry
0
dberry
8/21/2002 3:57:13 AM
will have to do some reading.. The Dummies guide to ASP.NET just doesnt cover all this stuff.
0
SolPro
8/21/2002 4:01:00 AM
Dear all;

When I follow this forum I manage to get it right that is 1, 2, 3, 4,5,... 35
How can I have them in reverse order 35,... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Reason:
=====
Page 1 contains the first record entered (most old records)
Page 35 contains the last record entered (most recent records)
In my current situation user will have to keep clicking until the last page to reach the most recent recods. I would to make it the other way around.

Please help..
Eins

Multiple Page Web-forms, without passing earlier pages values to the next one?
I am using RH9, postgreSQL and perl5. Is it possible to get users to submit multiple page web-forms but not to pass values from one form to the next? I would like to store each page to the database server as it is submitted. Also, to build in the process to resume the web-form submission at a later time e.g say there are twent pages to submit and the user stops feeding the forms at the tenth form. I would like to email the user a reminder so he can log back in and start from the eleventh form. Can anyone tell me if this sort of thing is implemented anywhere, so I can study it. Or, can anyone p...

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Accessing a method within a class VB.NET from a Web Form page.
 I got the following class within my App_Code folder under a file called DataAccess.vb: Namespace CircaComArtAccess Public Class ComArtData Private _connstr As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ESQLConn").ConnectionString() Public Sub ComArtGrid(ByVal procedurename As String, _ ByVal parameters() As SqlParameter, _ ByVal gridname As ComponentArt.Web.UI.Grid, _ ByVal e As ComponentArt.Web.UI.CallBackEventArgs, _ Optional ByVal commandtype As CommandType = 1 _ ) Dim SQLConn As SqlConnection...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Keeping the web form on top of all other forms/pages
Hi all,         I need to know how to keep my web page always on top...atleast let me know weather its possible...I dont want to  give focus to page when focus is lost. I dont want to intrupt any other application on the machine ( as focus does )...but yet let it float on the top ( even in disabled mode if possible)I kind of want to do something like setting the z-order to 1... Is there any api 'focus' uses to achieve this ( bring the page frount ).? Thanks in advance,Suman No, thankfully you can't do this from a web page - imagin...

In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page
In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page. Called page have no web item , it has only c# codes. after executing of this page (by IExplore), I want the remaining lines of calling page to be executed. How can I do that? What are you trying to do? What is the second page accomplishing? Will the first page stay open and the second page closes? You might be able to use WebRequest and WebResponse to do what you want. Hey bro, since you say that the called page has no web items, why dont you put the code in the called pa...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

How do you incorporate a web page in a web form without IFrame
I would like to display a web page in my web form, but don't want to use frames or I frames. Can it be done with a label? If not then any suggestions and code would be appreciated. Thanks Please describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve. Frames and IFrames are for the purpose of rendering >1 html page in a single browser window. AFAIK there is no other way to achieve this purpose, but maybe you are trying to describe a different purpose? Basically it's a search page. The search term is picked up from a text box and then a URL is called. The URL is fed with the s...

How to convert web form(web page) to a word document
Hi Guys.Can any one give me a hint on how to  convert a web form (a web page) to a word document.Thank You...

Web resources about - Next page - asp.net.web-forms

Houston Mosque Fire on Christmas Day Declared Arson
A fire at a Houston mosque, resulting in "significant" damage, was declared an arson, authorities said Saturday.

Chicago Police Fatally Shoot 2, Raising New Questions for a Force Under Scrutiny
New York Times Chicago Police Fatally Shoot 2, Raising New Questions for a Force Under Scrutiny New York Times CHICAGO — Police fatally shot ...

Tornado, flood deaths reach 18 in U.S., more storms ahead
(Reuters) - The death toll from tornadoes and flooding this week in the southern United States climbed to 18 on Saturday, according to officials ...

RSS believes India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will reunite through ‘goodwill’ one day: Ram Madhav
"The RSS still believes that one day these parts, which have for historical reasons separated only 60 years ago, will again, through popular ...

Evacuation of Damascus militants delayed after rebel leader killed
Newsweek Evacuation of Damascus militants delayed after rebel leader killed Reuters BEIRUT A U.N.-brokered deal to evacuate more than 2,000 ...

Iraqi Forces Pummel ISIS In Ramadi As Battle Continues To Rage
While U.S. trained Iraqi forces have been notorious for dropping their U.S. issued weapons and running in the face of fights with ISIS, slowly ...

Hawaii Just Can’t Seem To Name Anything After Obama, Despite Repeated Attempts
Hawaii just can’t seem to name anything after Barack Obama, the state’s only native son to become president. Supporters of the president have ...

Miss Universe 2015: Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach writes to Miss Colombia, tells haters to stop
MISS Universe Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach has written an emotional note to Miss Colombia Ariadna Guti&eacute;rrez, and called on fans to stop spreading ...

Trying to peg Donald Trump as a misogynist, David Brock uses a blatant misandrist word against him: "wuss." ...
Did you notice this little encounter between Brock and Trump's spokeswoman Katrina Pierson. Pierson was there — on CNN — to explain a couple ...

Earthquake leaves 4 dead, more than 100 injured in Afghanistan and Pakistan
CHANNELS TELEVISION Earthquake leaves 4 dead, more than 100 injured in Afghanistan and Pakistan Fox News Latino A magnitude-6.2 earthquake ...