New Line Character

i using mysql connect to database and found data like

"abcde

fgh"

how to convert this string from two line into one line? and result become "abcdefgh"

0
limbrian

hello friend,

suppose your string is called

myString=

"abcde

fgh"

and then use myString.Replace(System.Enviornment.NewLine,"")

hope it helps,

Jessica

Jessica Cao
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Jessica
3/7/2007 2:52:45 AM
system.eniroment.newline cant solve my problem.. but i solved using chr(10)
0
limbrian
3/7/2007 2:59:41 AM
try this

replace(Microsoft.VisualBasic.ControlChars.NewLine,"")

0
etws14

Entering data in old aspx form only after saving data in new web form opened in new window
Dear all, i am facing a problem. please solve it. i have created two .aspx pages, say, page1.aspx and page2.aspx. with the help of client-side javascript i am opening page2.aspx from page1.aspx in a new window. So, page1.aspx and page2.aspx remains open at the same time. what i want is, i don't want the user to able to activate or enter data in page1.aspx without saving data in page2.aspx. regards subhajit use window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() when the child window is closed, in this case, program execution continues on the next line after the showModalDialog...

New Form
I need to create a form that will post to a different page outside of the portal Virtual directory, when I do this the form either postsback to itself or does nothing. how do I get this resolved? I need it to be a form because I don't want the address to display the info.. Example Don't want www.mydomain.com/mypage.asp?data1=one&data2=two Please helpKeith K. Kowalski There are a couple of problems when trying to add forms to your aspx pages. First of all, the reason .NET is able to do all of it's fancy-schmancy event handling is through the use of a big fat form. ...

Strange lines in new web.config (.NET 3.5)?
What do the lines below mean? They appeared in my .NET 2.0->.NET 3.5-project after the conversion. The new .NET 3.5 System.Web.Extensions is referenced to earlier in the assemblies section, so I can't figure out what these lines do? I dont want to remove them, "dependentAssembly" seems important. Does this mean I can't remove my old ASP.NET AJAX assemblies from GAC? Thanks in advance!<runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions&qu...

Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help
Hi,in all of my asp.net pages I have the following html code:&nbsp;&lt;TD class=padding colSpan=2 height=23&gt;&lt;div align="center"&gt;&lt;A &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; href="#"&gt;Privacy Policy&lt;/A&gt; »&lt;a href="#"&gt; Terms of Use&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/TD&gt;on my default.aspx page, this gets displayed as: Privacy Policy » Terms of Useand the code isPrivacy Policy » Terms of UseCan ...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

How to open a new web form in a new window?
How to open a new web form in a new window when we click on a button? Ex: I Have a Webform1.aspx which has a button and a few other controls. When click on the button i need to open a small window with Webform2.aspx which has a few other controls, the user enters the data and clicks on ok when we need to save and close webform2 and go back to webform1.aspx. How to do this? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Check out these articles: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Modal_Dialog.asp http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/Sept/ModalPopupInASP.NET.asp Darrell Norton, M...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

How to force a new line to keep one line only have 10 characters?
For example, user may input text as below: AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC But to make it as: AAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCC string wholeLine = "AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC";List<string> lines = new List<string>();while ( wholeline.Length > 0){    if (wholeline.length >= 10)    {        lines.Add( wholeline.Substring(0, 10);        wholeline = wholeline.Substring (10);    }    else    {       &nb...

New line character
I am writing code (VS2008/C#) that reads text file and passes the file data to SQL Server Procedure. I am reading data of file in StreamReader and passing as Input Parameter to procedure. I need to pass the New Line character also to the procedure. 1. The New Line character can be chr(13) & chr(10) or only chr(10). How to check this in C#?2. How to pass New Line character to SQL Procedure? Thanks    Try using Environment.NewLine Hanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il Environment.NewLine returns the new line defined in the environment. I nee...

Web resources about - New Line Character - asp.net.web-forms

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Twitter CEO Winks at Change to 140-Character Limit
Twitter might soon let people post tweets that are longer than 140 characters. Extra characters will likely be shoved into expandable cards. ...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Seems Cool With 10,000 Character Tweets
The big news in the Twittersphere Tuesday was the possibility of Twitter moving way, way beyond its signature 140-character limit. The new rumored ...

Twitter hints that the 140-character limit is coming to an end
Just hours after Re/code published a report on Tuesday revealing that Twitter's 140-character restriction would soon be abolished, Twitter CEO ...

Anyone who hates the idea of Twitter lifting its 140-character limit is being ridiculous
If you use Twitter a lot, you're either really excited or really appalled by the idea that Twitter might soon ditch its 140 character limit. ...

Twitter overhaul? Your tweets could soon be 10000 characters long
CBS News Twitter overhaul? Your tweets could soon be 10000 characters long CBS News Tweets are known for their brevity, and at 140 characters ...

Star Wars Monopoly Game Getting Female Character After All
Hasbro recently explained that the reason it didn’t include the main character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens in its new Star Wars-themed ...

Why The New Twitter Character Limit Is A Good Thing
In a move widely seen by many as controversial and damaging, Jack Dorsey revealed plans to increase the Twitter character limit from 140 to up ...

Twitter appears ready to expand beyond 140-character tweets
Twitter appears ready to expand beyond 140-character tweets

Twitter reconsiders 140-character limit
Platform under pressure to show accessibility for new users