Need Web Form Help!!!

Ok here goes,

I need to create an admin form that contains a list of events. This list, I was thinking about using a listbox, but the form needs the ability to select specific events and move them to another listbox. This new list will have to be saved in some way and then be displayed the next time the page is visited. Any ideas of how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance Brian
0
musicman315

That's a general question, so I'll provide you with a general answer.

Create your two listboxes, one that is populated from the database and a blank one. The ideal solution here would be to move your items over to the empty listbox using javascript, but handling it on the server is easier - your choice. Everytime the user selects an item, they must press a button that will transfer the items over to the empty listbox. Again, when the user clicks this button, simply use code on the server to transfer them to your other listbox.
When the user makes the changes final, simply take the items in the 2nd listbox, and insert them into your database. Later on, if the admin visits the page, you can then check first to see if any events have been stored in the database. If so, load, else, load a blank form.
Something like:
page load()
'check if the admin has previously stored items in the database
if PrevStoredItems() Then
LoadPrevStoredItems()
else
LoadBlankForm()
end if
end sub

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -unknown
0
frankwhite
1/20/2005 6:34:51 PM
Sorry for the vague question.

Your reply was exactly what I was thinking. I have the 2 listboxes on the page. I have filled the main box with the list of events and can move the selections across to the new listbox. Where I need help is the saving the new listbox data and reloading it in the LoadPrevStoredItems(). Also when the saved events are reloaded how can I save it again after more events are added or subtracted. Examples would be great as I am new to ASP.NET.
Brian
0
musicman315

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Need Web Form Help!!! - asp.net.web-forms

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Sad decline of West Indies cricket can't be arrested without external help
The great West Indian cricket dynasty of the mid-1970s to the mid-1990s produced some of the finest cricketers of the 20th century.

Children forced to drive for help after parents fall 30m down a well
After their mother was injured trying to rescue their father, the children had to take desperate action.

Dinosaur Jr began their 7-show Bowery run w/ help from Kim Gordon, Kurt Vile, Henry Rollins & more
photos by P Squared Dinosaur Jr with Kim Gordon / Kurt Vile / Steve Gunn @ Bowery Ballroom 12/3/2015 New York has always kind of been our home, ...

Wind Measurement Buoy Helps Reduce Offshore Wind Costs
... measurement buoy packed “with sophisticated, precise measurement technology” which is able to provide [&hellip Wind Measurement Buoy Helps ...

High health costs may help Aflac: CEO
The current health insurance environment may lead people to supplemental policies offered by companies like Aflac, its CEO said.

Get ready to go psycho! Double Fine wants help making a Psychonauts sequel
Game creator Tim Schafer's team is finally developing a sequel to the cult classic psychodrama platformer, and yes, there's a crowdfunding campaign. ...

FBI, Microsoft help take down massive global botnet
At long last, a global task force consisting of the FBI, Microsoft and various law enforcement agencies, have finally cracked down on a botnet ...