Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!

Howdy folks.  I'm in need of some help.

I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page.
Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example...
You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'(
For example, here's some code ~

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Reflection;
[assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")]
namespace Twisterjosh {
public class MyControl : System.Windows.Forms.Control {
private string txt;
public override string Text {
set {
txt = value;
} get {
return txt;
}
}
public MyControl() : base() {
txt = "Hello World!";
this.Size = new Size(200, 200);
this.SetStyle(ControlStyles.ResizeRedraw, true);
}
protected override void OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pea) {
Graphics gfx = pea.Graphics;
gfx.DrawString(txt, Font, Brushes.Black, 0, 0);
gfx.Dispose();
}
}
}

Then I added this to my form:

<object id="ctrl" classid="http:MyControl.dll#Twisterjosh.MyControl" width="100" height="100" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="Text" value="Simple Control">
</object>

Charming isn't it.... IT JUST DON'T WORK!! :'(
WHY?!
Here's what I DO know! The control DOES download! And even excutes for all I know! Because when I add a "MessageBox.Show();", it... well.... it shows a message box!
It just doesn't paint! or SOMETHING!
I feared this was something to do with my browser settings? Maybe? I dunno.
I went and hit "RUN EXAMPLE" on Microsoft's tutorial, what's SUPPOSE to happen, is they load their control on a form, and you can type in some text somewhere and their control's text changes to that. Well, THAT didn't even work!
I saw the same little picture I saw when I tried mine... That white picture with the blue triangle, red square, and green circle in the top left corner... (If it was only a YELLOW circle I'd be happy!!!!!) **sigh** But let's not be picky...
(just kidding)
SO what do I do?! **screams** HEEEELP! This is driving me BATTY!
I don't know what's wrong... Well, I'd appreciate a post... something!!! Anything! A blank post! ANYTHING!!!

Oh and ugh, by the way... Microsoft's tutorial can be found here:
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx
0
twisterjosh

OK FOLKS!

Here's the scoop... I've got it working now! :> (Hallelujiah chorus plays)
However, I have no idea what I did to make it work... weird...
Something that MIGHT be worth noting, is after I compiled it, I would right click, and RENAME the dll. (Naturally, leaving the DLL extension)
Course I also updated my ASPX page as well... and it wouldn't work. Well, maybe that has something to do with it. Because when you rename a file, (using that method anyways) the INTERNAL file name does not change! (Right click, properties) That MIGHT have something to do with it? However that doesn't explain why Microsoft's example didn't work for me!!!
I'm going to dig a little deeper... this is weird!
Another little something I discovered that might possibly have something to do with it, is each time I'd recompile the DLL, it would naturally replace the previous one! Right? Right.
The interesting thing is, it doesn't change the date it was created!!! It just changes the "date modified".
I thought that THAT might have something to do with all this, because I just read somewhere today that when loading a DLL, whether it's the GAC or a specified folder, it compares the date created, NOT version number! (I don't know if that's true or not, if it is, then all this makes total sense!)
Thinking that this date issue might have something to do with it, I deleted the DLL, and then recompiled... CSC.EXE made my new DLL, but here's something strange... the date AND time created is the same as it was before!!!! Once again, it just modifies the "date modified". Is that weird? - or have I gone nuts -
SOOO, CSC creates a WHOLE new DLL, BUT, the value for the "date created:" is OLD. Not the most current! NOT accurate! It's an ooooold date of the past...

Well... that's all... can any of you make sense of all this? I wish you'd explain it to me sometime! LoL! Thanks!
0
twisterjosh

add window form control on web form
i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from . Windows form controls are for windows application and should not be used on web forms.You want a link label which is the same as a hyperlink in ASP.NET so use that instead.  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  Hi saurabhiP,Base on my understanding, you want to use windows control to web form. But base on my experience, there are many issues! Check the following l...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form! - asp.net.web-forms

The Windows Blog

20/20 Will Offer ‘Important Window’ Into Life As Iraqi Refugee
... To ride that roller coaster of hope and anguish with these 149 refugees was dramatic, Vargas told TVNewser. “It’s a small but important window ...

Windows 10 Mobile Update For Older Lumias Pushed To 2016
Earlier this year Microsoft stated that their plan was to begin the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Lumia devices in December. With ...

Windows 10 Mobile upgrade won’t hit older phones until 2016
Enlarge / New Lumias are still the only place you can get official support for Windows 10 Mobile. (credit: Peter Bright) Microsoft has just ...

HTML5 video comes to Firefox for Windows, Netflix fans rejoice
Yesterday we told you that Netflix for Windows 10 had received an update , but that's not all that's coming to Windows, Firefox also has plans ...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government ...
... expanded its partnership with one of China's largest defense and technology conglomerates as it announced a joint venture to get Windows 10 ...

Microsoft delays Windows 10 Mobile upgrade for older Lumias
If you've been itching to try Windows 10 Mobile on your Windows Phone 8.1 device, we've got some bad news. Microsoft says older Lumias won't ...