Need help creating web form.....

Hi,

I need some assistance creating a web form. To be more specific, I want to create a form with one "text" field and a submit button. I need the text entered in the "text" field to be inserted into a table located in a database I have setup when the user clicks on the "submit" button. Can somene help me out on getting this configured correctly?

I've searched for examples and tutorials on how to do this, but couldn't really find anything helpful.

Thanks,

Derek

0
dbabing

Have a look at the video tutorials on the "learn" section of this website...

Kelsey Thornton
(In the Netherlands)

Don't forget - Mark the post which answered your question with "Answer", then that user will get some kudos, and your post will be marked as "Answered" for future readers!

(VB code examples preferred)
0
KelseyThornton
1/30/2008 6:38:23 PM

Might look at:

http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=36

Jeff

jeff
1/30/2008 6:43:43 PM

dbabing:

I need some assistance creating a web form. To be more specific, I want to create a form with one "text" field and a submit button. I need the text entered in the "text" field to be inserted into a table located in a database I have setup when the user clicks on the "submit" button. Can somene help me out on getting this configured correctly?

I've searched for examples and tutorials on how to do this, but couldn't really find anything helpful.

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

You can follow the below steps to solve your problem:

1. Create a web form, called "page1.aspx";

2. Drag a TextBox on the page1.aspx, celled "TextBox1"

3. Drag a Button on the page1.aspx, called "Button1"

4. Double click Button1;

5. Put the following code in the behind file(page1.aspx.cs):

    {
        string strQueryString = "insert tablename(fieldName) VALUES('" + TextBox1.Text + "')";
        string strConnectiongString = "your DataBase connection information";
        ExeCommand(strQueryString, "");

    }
    private static void ExeCommand(string queryString, string connectionString)
    {
        using (SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(
                   connectionString))
        {
            SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(queryString, connection);
            command.Connection.Open();
            command.ExecuteNonQuery();
        }
    }

6. Set page1.aspx as a Start Page;

7. Run;

8. Solve. Smile

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you mean. Thanks.

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong
2/4/2008 9:09:22 AM

I created the page above including the text box and button. The behind file for the button I have the below code which I went off of what you suggested. It's saying I have alot of declaration errors and syntax errors. Does the below code look correct?

Partial Class page1

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

{

'Data is the table and Groups is the fieldName

string strQueryString = "Data(Groups) VALUES('" + TextBox1.Text + "')";

string strConnectiongString = "Data Source=DBABING1106\WASPDB;Initial Catalog=grid;Integrated Security=True";

ExeCommand(strQueryString, "");

}

private void ExeCommand(string queryString, string connectionString)

{

using (SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(

connectionString))

{

SqlCommand command =
new SqlCommand(queryString, connection);

command.Connection.Open();

command.ExecuteNonQuery();

}

}

End Sub

End Class/

Thanks,

Derek

0
dbabing
2/4/2008 4:07:22 PM

dbabing:
Partial Class page1

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

 Hi Derek,

It seems, you are familiar with VB. But my code is C#.Smile

Do not worry, you can use the following tool to convert the code to VB. Cool

http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspx

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong
2/5/2008 1:57:11 AM

I converted the code from C# to VB and the below coding is what I have now. There are no errors with the coding, however when I run the page, the text I put in the text box does not get put into the database when I hit the button.

Partial Class page1

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

Dim strQueryString As String = "Data(Groups) VALUES('" + TextBox1.Text + "')"

Dim strConnectiongString As String = "Data Source=DBABING1106\WASPDB;Initial Catalog=grid;Integrated Security=True"

ExeCommand(strQueryString, "")

End Sub

Private Shared Sub ExeCommand(ByVal queryString As String, ByVal connectionString As String)

Using connection As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connectionString)

Dim command As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(queryString, connection)

command.Connection.Open()

command.ExecuteNonQuery()

End Using

End Sub

End Class

Thanks,

Derek

0
dbabing
2/5/2008 3:19:30 PM

dbabing:
Dim strQueryString As String = "Data(Groups) VALUES('" + TextBox1.Text + "')"

Hi dbabing,

Please use the following line instead of above line:

string strQueryString = "insert tablename(fieldName) VALUES('" + TextBox1.Text + "')";

Note: If you still can not solve your problem, please think it over and try your best. Big Smile

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you mean. Thanks.

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Need help creating web form..... - asp.net.web-forms

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...