Need Advice: Automated Form Fill-up and Submission of Web Forms

Hi! I am new to asking help in community forums and also new to c# network programming. I hope someone can point me to the right direction in starting what I want to do.

I want to make a web application that would automatically fill-up application forms from other websites and automatically submit them. For instance, I want to automatically log-in in all my web accounts on different web pages through a button click in my asp.net page.  I am new to network programming but my initial research tells me to use the http and web service classes to accomplish this. Technically, i would get and parse the IDs of the form components from the websites and post the values plus invoke the 'click' or 'submit' function. I want your comments on this.

Also, what's the best way to update my parameters in my web forms without performing a postback? I am planning to have text messages to indicate success and failures without the need for postback because it slows the system. Do i need client-side scripting for this?

 Any answer will be appreciated. Thank you.

0
Trend12

Trend12:
I want to make a web application that would automatically fill-up application forms from other websites and automatically submit them. For instance, I want to automatically log-in in all my web accounts on different web pages through a button click in my asp.net page.

It is not clear when you say it will automatically fill up application forms from other websites.Then you say you want to log-in to all web accounts. Could you clarify what exactly u want & how u r planning to achieve it.

SUBHRANIL BASU RAY
Mumbai

TODAY'S TECHNIQUES ARE OBSOLETE FOR TOMORROW'S JOB.
PLS MARK MY REPLY "AS ANSWER" IF IT HELPED YOU.
0
sunny74
4/13/2009 1:57:24 PM

 You can use WaTiN to programmatically access a web site. You can find out more information about WaTiN from http://watin.sourceforge.net/

TATWORTH
4/13/2009 3:08:03 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear on my concept. Basically, I want to programmatically fill the required fields in a web form with my predefined values and programatically invoke a submit event to submit the form. For instance, I want to programatically fill in the values for username and password with values I have in my code and then invoke a submit event.

Anyway, I think the WatiN thing does the job. However, there must be some standard namespaces and classes I can use to do this since WatiN is specialized for testing purposes only.

0
Trend12
4/13/2009 3:47:41 PM

 Have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cross-platform/RubyTestExecutor.aspx

Whilst WaTiN is primarily for testing, it can be used for you purpose.

There are screen sraping projects such as HtmlAgilityPack from http://www.codeplex.com/htmlagilitypack, they are not suitabel for a system where information such as a logon has to be fed in forst.

TATWORTH

Web forms and mobile web forms

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Need Advice: Automated Form Fill-up and Submission of Web Forms - asp.net.web-forms

Cass Farm Multiple Property Submission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
42°20′57″N 83°3′52″W  /  42.34917°N 83.06444°W  / 42.34917; -83.06444 Coordinates : 42°20′57″N 83°3′52″W  /  42.34917°N 83.06444°W  / 42.34917; ...

Facebook Provides List Of Best Practices For Open Graph Submissions
Facebook continued its efforts to keep its Open Graph clean, providing developers with a list of best practices for their submissions, and informing ...

Facebook Scraps Little-Used App Directory, Simplifies App Submission to Search Index
The primary means of app discovery on Facebook is sharing between friends, but the company is today announcing changes to the other options — ...

Submission Radio (@SubmissionAus) on Twitter

Yahoo! Site Explorer Adds Mobile Site Submission Support - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yahoo now allows you to submit sitemaps for mobile browsers. I wrote about this on Search Engine Roundtable.

Conference Submissions and Presentations made more effective with 10 quick tips - YouTube
Have you eyed that latest cool conference, thinking, "I'd sure like to go there. Darn, I'd even like to present there! But what would I talk ...

Labor says trade union royal commission submissions clearing Bill Shorten released at ‘odd’ time - AdelaideNow ...
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten says he is pleased to be cleared of any wrongdoing during his time as boss of the Victorian branch of the Australian ...

Support for anonymous reports of family violence: submission to royal commission
The Royal Commission into Family Violence has started to release the almost 400 submissions it has received in response to calls for community ...

ACT government refuses to release submissions to review of concessions
Chief Minister Andrew Barr has foreshadowed a crackdown on concessions and discounts, which are available to seniors and pensioners, people on ...