Mining of a website to get the user names of its users

Hi,

I have to do a application in which we have to trace  a website to get the user name of the uers in that website.Kindly give me idea or code to implement this.

                                      Thanking you

0
divyanekkanti

 If it's your website, I don't see why you would need to do this- you would know from the contents of your users database table. If it's not your own website, this is not called 'mining', it's called 'hacking', and can land you with a hefty jail sentence.

Some websites provide APIs to retrieve user information. If the website concerned has one, then that is your only option.

My Blog
0
booler

How to get an user name of windows when user access to web site internal
hi all, My web site used internal. I host a web site on server, How to get user name of machine that logoned and  access to this web site ? my application write in ASP.net 2.0, run on IIS 6.0I have used command below but cannot get Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") thanks Here's an article that might help you. In short, you need to configure your application in IIS to use "Integrated Windows Authentication" (instead of Anonymous access) and set the authentication mode in your web.config file to Windows. Once this is done you can access ...

Web User Control and Membership
I have the next files: (default.aspx)  and (controls/test.ascx  controls/test.ascx.cs) I loading in the default.aspx my  web user control "test.ascx": Control cnt_menutop = Page.LoadControl("~/controls/test.ascx"); plh_menu.Controls.Add(cnt_menutop); I need in the  controls/test.ascx to calling User.Identity.Name but i got error. How to get the User.Identity.Name from "~/controls/test.ascx" ? I using Forms Auth.   Can you post the error?--------------------------------------------------------Don't fo...

Can not get user name from HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name
Hi All; I have tried to use HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name to get window user account. However, from debugger, for a long time ago I saw my window user name. But now, I did not see my window user name (from debugger) with the same code and same function call. Please help. Was I doing something wrong? Or any special settings on web.config/machine.config or project to make it work??? I'm stuck Thanks a lot well, you have to have windows integrated authentiction enabled in IIS, IIRC.RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unre...

get user name by user id
hi i send the user ID to a page and there i wanna find the user name. can you please let me know how to find a user name by user id? tanks  Are you using Active Directory? If so check out this tutorialCommunity Coder Hi you can pass the Guid USerId to Membership.GetUser method,MembershipUser usr = Membership.GetUser(UserIDAsGuid); string userName = usr.UserName; // to get the current logged in username , just use HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name;    Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed som...

Get the User Name for a login user
Hi Guys, How can I get the current loged in UserName in windows in MSSQL? The problem is: Users login into their PC (Windows Login) Enter a URL of the intranet application They would then be able to access the web base application (Intranet) The web application has a string connection to make a connection to the database I want to have a Trigger for my "products" table so if the table is modified (Insert/Update)  all those changes be entered in "products_Audit" table Now on "products_Audit" table I have a field "ChangedBy" where I want to store the windows loged...

Problem in getting logged in user Name for ASPX page with (even with this.User.Identity.Name)
Hi  friends,  I am creating an application that takes current logged in user and displays on the page itself. for this I am getting the user name in PageLoad function by using this.User.Identity.Name and then storing the value in a hidden variable for aspx page. I am using this hidden  variable to display the name of the user. I am using Windows authentication for this. Now problem that I am getting is that when multiple user launch the application from different machine and if they click simultaneously, name of one user appears on the paged displayed on the machine of ot...

How to get user name or user ip address?
Hi to all! I have written a little survey application for our intranet. In order to prevent users from taking the survey a second (3rd, 4th, 5th...) time, the app should detect the user name, or the ip address of the session. Does someone know how to manage this with WebMatrix? Thanks! Bye, MichaelTo finish first, you first have to finish. Sure, you can use the Request object. Request.UserHostAddressStanley Tan theSpoke Blog Stanley, thanks! I searched the MSDN library. I found this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/h...

User name from Web User Control context
Hi I had some code on my page that retreived a user's name ( string AddedBy = User.Identity.Name; But when I try to use the same line of code in web user control code behind I get an error: Error 1 The name 'User' does not exist in the current context   How can I get user's name in web user control code behind. Try using: Page.User.Identity.NameMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/...

Getting the user name of the currently logged in user
I'm writing my first custom module. Just as an experimental project I would just display information about the currently logged in user. I can get the User Id, but I don't know where to get the rest of the information. How do I get this? Hi, Just create a new UserController to get the information about one user via the method GetUser(PortalId, UserId) and store it into a UserInfo. Then you can get the rest of the information from this UserInfo [VB] Dim myUser As New UserInfo Dim myUserController As New UserController myUser = myUserController.GetUser(PortalId, Use...

User.Identity.Name and Web User Control,
I am trying to user User.Identity.Name.ToString in a WebUser Control but it doesnt seem to work. Is their any way around this its tells me "User.Identity " is undeclared. Here is the code that was working when the form was still a web form.   CurrentRow.Item(5) = User.Identity.Name.ToString EmployeeDataTable.GetChanges() EmployeesAdapter.Update(CurrentRow)  It think it needs an import stsaement at the top can you help? Thnks Sanson Use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.UserThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET thank you! Thanks for the advice. I couldnt actual...

How to get user name in forms?
 I am writing a site which contains a database. And, I need to get user's name so I can put it into my database. However, I dont know how to get it in my c# code.I saw there's a   "user" I can choose from the list. But, is the value of "user" the forms user name?Please.....I need your help   can you elaborate a bit more what exactly you are trying to do...what i could understand you want to get user's name and enter into the database..but from where is this username coming ?? is it from user creation or user login or logged in user?? /Gur...

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Separting the User name from the Machine name in User.Identity.Name
string userNameWithMachineName = User.Identity.Name; string userNameWithoutMachineName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(userNameWithMachineName); HighOnCodingWanna get high! ...

how to get the user group name by HttpContext.Current.User?
Is it possible to get the domain user group name or role name on domain server by HttpContext.Current.User?For example, I want to identify if the user belongs to group myDomain/Administrators, I try to use User.IsInRole("myDomain/Administrators"), but I failed.One user maybe join multiple groups. How to get the all groups in code for current user?  Demo code for C# and VB please.   Try using this instead: VB: If Page.User.IsInRole("DOMAIN\GROUPNAME") C# If Page.User.IsInRole("DOMAIN\\GROUPNAME") Note, this will only work if you have ...

Web resources about - Mining of a website to get the user names of its users - asp.net.web-forms

Website - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain . A website is hosted on at least one web server , accessible via a network ...

Motherfucking website
This. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Website owner claims copyrighted material is being repackaged into paid apps
Virginia website owner Brian Raub is suffering from an interesting problem. According to a new piece from The Roanoke Times ( via 9to5Mac ), ...

The phony mask of company websites
Blogs from reporters and editors from Automotive News.

A startup that finds discount flight tickets 'hidden' on airline websites just launched in the US
... but definitely interested. If you're like me, you probably use a flight aggregation service to buy your plane tickets — for example, a website ...

Feds probe whether San Bernardino attack's explosives are linked to al-Qaida website, source says
Investigators are trying to determine whether explosives left at the scene of the mass shooting in San Bernardino on Wednesday that left 14 dead ...

San Bernardino Terrorist’s Politics Were ‘Very Liberal,’ According To His Dating Website Profile
Farook described himself as "somewhat cautious," "somewhat reserved," and of "average" sociability, mood and tolerance.

Chrome for Android protects you from dangerous websites
Google Chrome already shields you from sketchy websites on the desktop, and now it's doing the same on your smartphone. Grab the latest version ...

Ryanair Sues Google, Travel Website Over Claims of Deceptive Ads
Budget airline Ryanair claims Google has to share blame for allowing eDreams to place deceptive display ads on paid search results.

100 Best Websites For Entrepreneurs
Think you’re prepared to start up, staff up or scale up? These 100 websites can help guide you with some valuable insight in your entrepreneurial ...