Manipulating Microsoft DNS service from web service or web form.

Hiya All,

I need to be able to update an "A record" on Microsoft DNS Service for a particular domain from a web form or web service - and have no idea where to begin.

I can run the form/service on the same box running DNS service...

I am looking to make a IP address updater that will update my "home" ip address if it changes (similar to what DYNDNS offers, except I have my own name servers, so that wont work for me lol).

Any kick in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Dave

0
servingtulsa

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

XML Web service , Web form
hi i hope if u could help me in what i am making so i have a web form that does the collection of the information from the user when he hits the button this data must be sent to the xml web service but this service must deliver this data in xml then i read the information and insert it to the sql serevr Database could you help me becouse iam soo confused about where to start and what is the stuff to search in it iam new in the xml stuff help me pleaseeeeee“To be incredible you must produce great work”Visit My Bloghttp://www.dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/hussein My first question is why are yo...

Web Service & Web Form
Why do we use Web Service when things can be done in Web Form? The following 2 examples are my point of view:  1) using Web Service : When we use Google Web Service, we can invoke the Web Method like Searching for particular words, and return a list of results;     using Web Form :  we can create an Iframe and place the google url, search from there and view the results. 2) using Web Service : When we want to use a simple calculation from the web service, the result will be shown after using them;     using Web ...

Web form step into web service
My solution contains a web application & a web service. When i running the web application, how can I step into the code of a web service? If you have both projects open in a VS.NET solution you can step into the Web service. Are you using VS.NET? DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! Yes. I am using ASP.Net for the web form & VB.Net for the web service. Both projects are added to a solution. Do you have a ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Web Service, Web Forms shared session
How could I share session between Web Service and Web Forms (they are in the same project). There is no problem when I refer to session in only one of them. But when I declare session value in one of them - second doesn't see it (== null).I put session ID in CookieContainer for Web Service, but I want to pass session values farther - to *.aspx sites of this project. Hi,You can't share session directly withing different projects of solution.One way of solution is use of StateServer mode of session.Thanks. Shah Dharnendra GSr.Analyst Programmer,GTL-Ahmedabad...

Can a Web Form Interact with a Web Service?
Can a .Net web form interact with a .Net web service? More importantly... How? I have written a  web-service which runs on a time to check for data in a database that needs to be 'operated' on. The data is entered into the database from web, telephone and Windows applications. Rather than write 3 versions of the same code I wrote it once in a windows service which happens to run on the web server. What I would like to do; from the web when a user completes the steps necessary to create the data which needs to be used, access the function in the Windows Service to start the operations ...

Sharing state between Web form and Web service
Folks, My Web application exposes some Web services. It also is a consumer of its own services. Here is my Web service class:    public class Service1 : System.Web.Services.WebService {        public const string VAL = "val";        [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)]        public string Getvalue() {            object val = Session[VAL];            return...

Data from a Web Service dataset into my web form
Hi all I'm using web services to retrieve certain data from my SQL Server DB. For the most part, I can use a basic dataset: <WebMethod()> _Public Function retrieveStuff(ByVal myCriteria As String) As DataSet     Dim dataSet As New DataSet("DataSet")     Dim adapter As New SqlDataAdapter     Dim connection As New SqlConnection(connectionString)     Dim command As New SqlCommand     Dim qryText As String = "SELECT [ID], [Status] [ FROM [Table= WHERE (([ColumnA]=&#...

web web web

Web resources about - Manipulating Microsoft DNS service from web service or web form. - asp.net.web-forms

123D Tutorial: Manipulating components and incorporating design intent - YouTube
http://www.123Dapp.com/support - get the steps and model and do this tutorial yourself! Have few extra parts left over after putting your project ...

Indigenous land owners accuse lawyer of manipulating nuclear waste storage report
Lawyer who was key to Howard government's plan to store nuclear waste on indigenous land accused of manipulating legal process required to ensure ...

Doctor Mervyn Jacobson faces lengthy jail sentence after being found guilty of manipulating stock market ...
He has been praised by American presidents and British lords for his wildlife conservation efforts, and claims to have saved the brush-tailed ...

Facebook's Adam Kramer defends controversial emotion manipulating study
The creator of the controversial Facebook study now admits the findings "may not have justified all of this anxiety".

Australia accused of manipulating Australian dollar to save iron ore miners
... iron ore miners are so desperate for cash that ''even the kangaroos are for sale". An American iron ore miner says Australia is "manipulating" ...

Government accused of manipulating science news
The federal government engages in "unacceptable political interference" in the communication of government science, says the head of a group ...

Commentary: Japan's Abe manipulating a dangerous coup against pacifist Constitution
TOKYO,June30JapanesePrimeMinisterShinzoAbeismanipulatingadangerouscouptooverturnthecountry'spost-w

Over 50 US military analysts say Pentagon is manipulating Daesh reports
Over 50 US military analysts say Pentagon is manipulating Daesh reports

Volkswagen ordered to recall nearly 500,000 vehicles for manipulating software to circumvent emissions ...
Volkswagen has been manufacturing cars that only fully deploy their emissions control systems when they are undergoing fuel emissions inspection, ...