making

I want to make tests (like the amount entered,...) on some fields without using the autopostback property of the fields. I don't want the page to be reloaded again once a test is done since I have too many fields for testing and is not user-friendly to reload pages many times.

Do I have to use javascript and code my own tests? or there is another way?
0
michel_23

YOu can use one of the validators included with ASP.NET.  They by default will use client side Javascript that they create to do the validation.  For more complex validation, you can do it using a CustomValidator, and provide client side custom Javascript if need be.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas
8/14/2003 2:11:36 PM
I guess u got me wrong.

The tests I want to make are not for validation but for calculation of amounts and rates. I have to use mathematical formulas in them.
Don't know if we can make this using validators???????
is there another way other than javascript? or built in script in html code?
0
michel_23
8/18/2003 11:40:02 AM
If you want to do any client side checking or validation, Javascript is the only way I am aware of to do it, and you could do that using the CustomValidator framework.  What you do in the custom validator is up to you, and if that includes calculations, if it is allowd in Javascript, you can do it in the client validation code.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Making a web page ( Data Form ) look like a manual form
Hello All,In my application I need to make a form look exactly same as a paper form. Well the form will be presented to the user to fill in personal information. I need to make the form look exactly same as the Paper form, So that user have a feeling that they are writing in the form, but by keyboard.Once that form is filled, user will press print. The the data will be printed exactly on same paper form. I need to do this so that I have the same data in Database, and I can print that in future also. User do not need to do the manual workThank You,Shail ShailAtlas: Hello All,In my applic...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

How to make Master page to be visible=false for particular web form in a web application
Hi all,         I am using master page in my application. i have selected masterpage while adding a new form. But now i don't want the master page in one of my web form.Can any  one help in solving out this. Radhi Remove the masterpage name in the @page attribute and add the other HTML tags that are needed in a webformVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Hi Radhika, Simply do this page.MasterPageFile=nothing  Do mark as answer if it helpsBest RegardsAli Sufyan ButtSoftware EngineerElectron...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Web resources about - making - asp.net.web-forms

Madonna’s Son Rocco Refuses To Return To U.S., International Custody Battle Starts Over Christmas
It seems that Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s son Rocco has had enough of being dragged all over the world following his mother’s tour, and he wants ...

Ignore Your Family This Christmas by Watching This 48-Minute ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Q&A
Yes, this is the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Q&A you’re looking for. Following a screening of the film for Oscar and various film guild voters, ...

‘Star Wars: Battlefront’ DLC Won’t Include ‘Force Awakens’
The huge success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens won’t necessarily translate over to Star Wars: Battlefront for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, ...

‘He’s Number One in the Polls!’: CNN’s Cuomo Defends Trump Coverage to a Combative Sanders
During an interview on CNN this morning, Bernie Sanders complained about how much free airtime the media devotes to Donald Trump , while Chris ...

Death Toll Rises to 11 After Tornadoes, Storms Ravage South
NBCNews.com Death Toll Rises to 11 After Tornadoes, Storms Ravage South NBCNews.com At least 11 people were killed, including a young boy, ...

Bradley Cooper Has a Sweaty Butt, According to Jennifer Lawrence!
Bradley Cooper meets up with a group of pals for lunch on Wednesday (December 23) in Pacific Palisades, Calif. The 40-year-old actor’s frequent ...

Central American Migrants Deported by U.S. Sent to Their Deaths
Since January 2014, as many as 83 undocumented immigrants, having fled violence in their homes countries (only to be deported by the United States), ...

Hyatt in a scare, thanks to malware – holiday travelers beware
Holiday travelers staying at one of Hyatt's hotels may want to keep an eye on their credit card accounts, as the lodging company confirmed the ...

Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ...
E! Online Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ... E! Online It'll be a very happy holiday for Robert ...

Lunch Lady Unleashes Fire Vocals During Cafeteria Karaoke
A cafeteria worker in Pennsylvania surprised a room full of normally unimpressed teens this week with her stirring rendition of “Have Yourself ...