Lookup IP Address to get domain name

Hi

 I have a datagrid which has a list of IP Addresses in it, I would like to resolve the IP address to show its fully qualified domain name (if found) in another column of the datagrid.

 Is this possible?

Is there a web service i can use, or is this functionality built into .net 2.0?

Thanks in advance

0
BigMeat

Check out this article:

http://semichaos.com/articles/aspnet1/iptohost.aspx

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
10/27/2006 1:16:09 AM

hi,

here is some information for you ,hope it helps

http://semichaos.com/articles/aspnet1/iptohost.aspx

best wishes

0
jessjing

Get domain name from IP address
 Hi all,          I want to convert an Ip address to corresponding domain name if any. Do i really need to use some third party components like IP2location .. Guys Please help..   thanks in advanceplease click 'Mark as Answer' if my post helped you. http://forums.asp.net/p/1039283/1443326.aspx#1443326TUFAN01MAN HostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName(); IPAddres = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(HostName).GetValue(0).ToString();Thanks,AdamPlease "Mark as Answer" if this has helped you.  The above link is ...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); i...

How to get domain user's first name, last name and e-mail address
Hi everyone, I am able to retrieve the domain/user ID by setting <authentication mode="Windows"/> in the Web.config file, and with the following code in my Default.aspx.,cs page: string strName = Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"]; I would also like to retrieve the users first name, last name and e-mail address from their domain profile, if possible.  Can anyone help me with a code example?  I'm somewhat new to C#/.NET/OOP so if you have it in "C# for Dummies" format, I would be very thankful! Thanks in advance for any help that i...

ip address to domain name.
Some advice please... How do you convert an IP address to a domain name within a PB application ? ENV: NT4/SP3 - PB6.5/PFC On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:47:09 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Mario Covino <covinom@des.wa.gov.au> wrote: >Some advice please... > >How do you convert an IP address to a domain name within a PB >application ? >ENV: NT4/SP3 - PB6.5/PFC Yo can use a DNS lookup OLE/COM component. Here is one: http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspdns PS Don't mean to be a PITA, but have to mention the rules... ...

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can...

ip address to domain name.
Some advice please... How do you convert an IP address to a domain name within a PB application ? ENV: NT4/SP3 - PB6.5/PFC On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:47:09 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Mario Covino <covinom@des.wa.gov.au> wrote: >Some advice please... > >How do you convert an IP address to a domain name within a PB >application ? >ENV: NT4/SP3 - PB6.5/PFC Yo can use a DNS lookup OLE/COM component. Here is one: http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspdns PS Don't mean to be a PITA, but have to mention the rules... ...

How to get IP address or name of the server?
I need to get the IP address or name of the server that runs my asp.net application. Which class, method should I use? Thanks! Try this: Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"]Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you very much. I tried "SERVER_NAME", but it gives me more info than I need. I used Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_HOST"] instead. ...

How to get IP address/name of the machine
Hi all, I have a requirement to find out IP address/name of the machine to which a given windows user is currently logged on. Is that possible with C#? If anyone has came across sample code please guide me to appropriate resource. Blog: SEO Articles Website: Search Engine Ranking Are you looking for this? Request.UserHostAddress()   Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog Hi, Please try to use my code: public static string IPAddress { get { string userIP; HttpRequest Request = HttpContext....

Get host name from IP address
does anyone have any simple C# code that can do this?pwpaust Try this.  It's a simple page that looks up both IP and name.  I've put in some data to test with, but you can enter your own text!   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> protected string DNSLookup(string domain) { string result = string.Empty; try { IPHostEntry ipHe = Dns.GetHostEntry(domain); IPAddress[] ipAd...

IP address assigned to domain name
Hi All, I was wondering how to go about assigning an ip address to the domain name in NW6 DNS. I've got a client who has some 800 workstations who have their email server settings set to the name of their domain. It seems that their old DNS host was able to do so... Here's what I mean. Their server settings in LookOut is "domain-name.k12.mo.us" , rather than something like "mail.domain-name.k12.mo.us" I guess I need to know if there's a way to assign an IP address to their domain name. I tried setting up an A record to their email server, ...

Getting a domain name and email address
Hi On security now Leo mentioned getting one's own domain name and email address to avoid problems with a provider like Yahoo changing things about your email that you don't like. https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-419.htm He said ' very strong argument for buying a domain name of your very own and using it for your email address, so you have a permanent address. And then if something like this happens, you don't have to worry about it, you just move it to some other service. ' So I was thinking if I got my own domain name and email, can it be purchase...

How to get location form IP address?
Hi all ! I have a problem, i want get location from IP address request for display language of website. Please tell me a solution for this. Thanks a lot !Không học không biết, học rồi sẽ biết Getting a location from an ip address is not guaranteed.  You can checkout www.ip2location.com and call from a db or some other api that could be free that does a lookup for you. I'm not sure if displaying a language based upon ip is a good idea b/c even with a lookup, it has more than 1% chance it is incorrect.  You even have people going through proxy ip's, in which you cannot me...

Get IP address from network interface name
Hello! I have been using the TNTFirewall component (NTSet) to retreive the network devices of my computer. I get a lot of information för each device eg. NTFireWall.Connections[I].Name, NTFireWall.Connections[I].DeviceName, NTFireWall.Connections[I].GuidId. What I can't find is the currently assigned IP address of each device (if available). How can I get the current IP address assigned to these connections using the above properties? The values are as an example: Name = 'Anslutning till lokalt nätverk' DeviceName = 'Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet...

Web resources about - Lookup IP Address to get domain name - asp.net.web-forms

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Outlook online to get a better address book and flight confirmations
... needs extras that attract customers to its offering. Now the company is announcing a couple of updates including improvements to the address ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Clinton must choose how to address data breach in Dem debate
The question facing Hillary Clinton is how forcefully to confront Bernie Sanders about the actions of his campaign staff.

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

Millennial Muslims address backlash after Calif. attacks
Five Muslim-American millennials sat down with Scott Pelley to discuss a range of topics, including Donald Trump's proposed ban

Clinton to address terror protection
As domestic terror fears rise, Hillary Clinton is set to explain how she will protect Americans, reports NBC News.

House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address
House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address

Obama gets 'in on the action' with top 10 list in his weekly address
... my top 10 things that happened in 2015 that should make every American optimistic about 2016 President Obama, in a light-hearted weekly address ...

Congress Shockingly Fails to Address Alleged EPA Lawbreaking
Right now, the EPA is making Congress look foolish.