Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation)"

 Hi all,

I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?

Thanks in advance.

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation)

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation)

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation)]
LoginPage.Login(String sName, String sPassword) +508
LoginPage.btn_login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +58
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

0
klover79

hi,

 Check whether you able to connect to sqlserver database ...

cheers mate

vijay
0
elegantkvc
6/5/2008 7:12:21 AM

Hi vijay

Thanks for your reply. check if you can connect to the sqlserver using the management studio locally yes..and remotely seems to be alright

thanks

0
klover79

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - An unexpected network error occurred.)   if my application background thread is running the above error shown . how can remove it?    Hi,priyanka Try These Links http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=338537&SiteID=1 http://www.scribd.com/doc/230645/Question-Book         PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Su...

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0
i'm going nuts with SQL server notification thing. I have gone throigh this artical which tells how to set user http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/SqlDependencyPermissions.aspx. This article show how to create new user and setup for sql server notification.But In my case user was alredy existing in database. which is very common senario in most cases. So i did following( check the SQL script below) but then i get this error "A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memo...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
Hi all, I use Asp.Net 2.0 and SQL server 2000 and I get the above error in my site.I went through the other posts and reply.It is said to clear the connection pools.So i need a clear view what that will do.When should i actually clear it.Will Clearing the pools introduce any other problem or is there any othere solution for this. Please help me in solving this. Thanks, Joseph Hi Joseph have you stopped the DB services. Please check whether your DB services are running or mot. basically this a connectivity error. Second problem that could be is that while sending the request...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of pipe.)  check whether your sql server allows both sql authentication  and windows authenticationlogin with windows authentication into management studio, select server -> right click it and select properties, in that dialog box select securityand set  serversuthentication mode to both windows and sql authentication.and also i recommentds you just put this  error and check it in google.  Give a man a fish and y...

Error "An operations error occurred"
Dear All, Appreciate if anyone of you can guilde me on this. We encounted the problem “An operations error occurred” when we are submitting the “CreateDistributionList” procedure in “Hosted Exchange” namespace. This procedure used to be working before, but now it is having problem. Perhaps, something that has triggered the problem. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chun Chai Can you provide more information? I do not know off hand what might cause that but if you post some more info, and I would suggest tracing the request using traceview in the MPS resource...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
 when i enter the user name, Password and click enter in my siteit showing below error..A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)  What may be the problem..  This does not sound like a SQL Server problem, it's more likely something is acting up in the network. Have a look at 2 links below if it still fail after few retries:http://www.mcse.ms/message2316445.htmlhttp://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=243278Jack Yang.NET Develo...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
when i enter user name , password and click submit..following error occurs.. A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)suggestions plse.  Maybe you have a firewall on your machine??Plese, do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Thanx!My blog: Scenes From A Developer Memory This error occurs when the client machine is not connected to sqlserver. if it is standalone machine check with the connectivity  ...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Configuration Error "Parser Error Message: Server cannot read capabilities configuration ` "
I am a beginner in developing asp.net application. Please review the way i have set up the server and deveopment codea) I have installed IIS on the server running Windows XP Professional. Thereafter I have installed .NET framework 1.1 on the server. b) I have installed Visual Studio Net 2003 on the production machine. I am making the application from this machine.Alll is working fine, but frequently many a times i get the following error when i try to view the page Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service t...

Help me error "An operations error occurred" !
 Hi! I am trying write function to check User in Active Directory This my code : try { DirectoryEntry de = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://myDomain"); DirectorySearcher deSearch = new DirectorySearcher(); deSearch.SearchRoot = de; deSearch.Filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=" + userName + "))"; deSearch.SearchScope = SearchScope.Subtree; SearchResult results = deSearch.FindOne(); //-->Error here if (results != null) ...

Web resources about - Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation)" - asp.net.web-forms

British Transport Police release video of cyclist coming close to death at level crossing
POLICE have released shocking video showing just how close a cyclist came to death after ignoring all the warning signs at a level crossing. ...

Fare evasion on Melbourne public transport at lowest recorded level
... public transport operators are winning the war against fare evasion, with a new government report showing rates fell to the lowest level ever ...

Labor pledges to remove 50 dangerous level crossings as part of congestion-busting transport plan
The Victorian Opposition has released what it describes as an ambitious but conservative plan to relieve congestion on the state's roads.

U.S. Transportation Secretary says ‘risk level is higher’ for Bakken crude transport
U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said Friday that crude oil from North Dakota’s Bakken shale formation isn’t being singled out from ...

Dangerous Radioactive Waste Stolen In Mexico During Transport – IAEA “Level 5″ Danger To Human Health…
Another reason to worry about an unsecure U.S. border. It is well known that various terrorist enterprises, including Hezzbollah and al Shabbab, ...

Video released by British Transport Police shows near-misses on level crossings
The heart-stopping CCTV clips, taken from across the UK, were released by the British Transport Police (BTP) as part of a new safety campaign ...

Family spending increases to highest recorded levels as households shell out on spiralling transport ...
Britons splashed out £483.80 a week in 2011 - up £10 - as they struggled to cope with the rising price of running their home.