LinkButton: avoid postback related page refresh, but use the click event

 Hi,

 A tricky problem:

I want to use a LinkButton on a page. When the user clicks that button, then the click event in the code behind is doing something.
The LinkButton is in an AJAX update panel, the link button click event tells an update panel to do something.
Problem: The LinkButton always does a postback which causes a complete page refresh. I do not want this.

How can this page refresh be avoided while preserving what the click event is doing? I'd be very grateful for a solution.

Thank you! Regards.

p.s. other considerations

I am aware of the button control, it has exactly the functionality I require. However, it has other problems which make it unsuitable.

A Hyperlink control cannot be used, because it does not have a click event associated with it.

Javascript which has something like "return false" in it also appears to be unsuitable a) because the user may not have scripting enabled and, more importantly b) "return false" also prevents the click event to be fired, the link button then simply does nothing, I think.

The PageLoad event fires before the click event function is executed, hence any code within the click even that would prevent a page load would not solve the problem either, because the PageLoad has already fired.

0
eracekat69

Hai

Either you can write Javascript function for the Linkbutton

and call it on through attributes.. mention Retrun false after the function name,.. so it avoid the postback

Ex:

You shold add "return false" on the onclick, like this:

LinkButton1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "YourFunction();return false;"); //of course, the YouFunction() is javascript on you html page

And  it won't postback.

Note:If useful Mark as Answer.

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005
7/16/2008 5:11:16 AM

In page load event:

write the code under !Page.PostBack.

if(!Page.IsPostBack)

{

              // write ur code here in page load event. This code will be executed only when the page is loaded for first time.

}

Regards,
Punithkumar
1
Punithkumar
7/16/2008 5:15:18 AM

Hi eracekat69,

Based on understanding, you have added a LinkButton control into the UpdatePanel control. you want to refresh selected parts of the page instead of refreshing the whole page when the LinkButton control is clicked, but it doesn’t work.

As you know, UpdatePanel controls work by specifying regions of a page that can be updated without refreshing the whole page. By default, any postback control inside an UpdatePanel control causes an asynchronous postback and refreshes the panel's content. That means normally the task can be fulfilled when you click the LinkButton in the UpdatePanel control.

To find out the reason, please make sure:

1. There is no other code to refresh the whole page when the click event of the LinkButton occur.

2. You have not cancelled an asynchronous postback.

For details about cancelling an asynchronous postback, please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398789.aspx

For details about UpdatePanel controls, please refer to : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386454.aspx

Please let me know if it works or not.

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

 Hi Forward Sun.

 Thank you for looking at this.

What I am trying to do is to add a linkbutton programmatically to a Panel (Panel1) within an UpdatePanel (UpdatePanel10 (because I cannot add directly to the UpdatePanel):

//adding the linkbutton programmatically within update panel 1

LinkButton LB = new LinkButton();
LB.Text = "Test";
LB.Click += new EventHandler(lb_Click)
Panel1.Controls.Add(LB);//panel 1 is inside update panel 1

 //linkbutton event handler, it changes a label in update panel 2

protected void lb_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
 {
     Label1.Text=((LinkButton)sender).Text;//label 1 is inside update panel 2
     UpdatePanel2.Update();
 }

I agree with you that adding the linkbutton by hand to the panel inside the update panel does later not cause a full postback. But adding it programmatically as above does. My guess is that somehow the update panel does not notice that controls have been added to it and hence the whole ajax stuff stops working, the stuff that automatically works when you add by hand in the design view. If this is so, how can I tell the update panel explicitely that I have just added a control and that it automatically should apply asyncronous postbacks?

Or is there another reason/mistake?

On another note, despite the manually added linkbutton not causing a full postback, it still seems to force the update panel it is located in to update as well, even though the event handler only calls for an update of the other panel. Any ideas why this may be?

Thank you!

Regards.

0
eracekat69
7/20/2008 2:58:33 PM

Hi eracekat69,

Thanks for the code you have shared, with which we can understand the problem more clearly.

Based on my experience, the cause of the problem is:

When the LinkButton is added generally, an ID property was specified automatically if it is not explicitly set. ASP.Net can’t get the information that it resides in the UpdatePanel control, so its click will raise the update of the entire page.

To avoid the problem, we can set the LinkButton’s ID in the code as presented below:

LinkButton LB = new LinkButton();
LB.Text = "Test";
LB.Click += new EventHandler(lb_Click);
LB.ID = "link";
Panel1.Controls.Add(LB);

I look forward to your testing results.

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

 Dear Forward Sun,

Many thanks! This does indeed work.

However, it creates a new problem! How to get rid of the old ID which has been set for the LinkButton.

Say the first time round you set LB.ID ="1"; LB.Text="Test1";

Then on the next round of programatically adding you do Panel1.Controls.Clear() in the hope that you get rid of the old linkbutton.

Then you do again LB.ID="1"; LB.Text="Test2";

What then happens in panel2 upon clicking the linkbutton saying test2 is that test1 will be displayed, not test2. Somehow the first update panel did not get rid of the old control ids and is still using the old linkbutton. Any idea how to resolve that?

Many thanks.

Regards. Damian

1
eracekat69
7/21/2008 9:03:08 AM

Hi Damian,

According to my understanding, you have called the Panel1.Controls.Clear() method and regenerated the LinkButton programmatically. The problem is the Text property of the Label is still displayed as the former when the LinkButton is clicked.

The Panel1.Controls.Clear() method, when called, will Remove all controls from the current server control's System.Web.UI.ControlCollection, so the ID property of the LinkButton is also disposed with the behavior. I think the cause of the problem is:

1.  The Panel1.Controls.Clear() method is called, which will remove all the former controls within it and regenerate them again. Within them, the LinkButton is set to “LB.ID=”1”; LB.Text=”Text2”.

2.  When you click the LinkButton, a postback will be raised. In the process, the code ““LB.ID=”1”; LB.Text=”Text1” will be executed again, so the Text property is still “Test1” not “Test2”.

If you aim to manipulate the Text property of the Label or other controls, you can use Session or ViewState instead.

For details about the status management, please refer to the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Dear Forward Sun, apologies for the delay. I am still working on this problem.

Have found something that works, even though it is not elegant.

What seems to be working is to take care that no ID is duplicated (by having a count variable which is increased by 1 every time a new LinkButton is added). In addition is appears necessary that the action of assigning ID and Text properties has to be done twice. When it is done only once I get a blank screen when the programmatically added link button is clicked. This seems to be because the programmatically added click event (see our previous conversation) is not actually fired, it does not seem to exist. When adding the LinkButton is done twice (interrupted by a page load) it works and the text of the LinkButton is displayed, as intended. A bit weird, and computationally expensive, but at least it works.

Any more ideas on that one? There should be a better solution. The state management idea that you mentioned last time round is not 100% clear to me.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Damian

1
eracekat69
8/10/2008 4:16:20 PM

Dear Damian,
I have to say you have done a good job!
My last reply mainly explains the cause of the problem and provides a link that demonstrates how to persist the status of ASP.NET Web pages.
I believe we can address the problem better if you can post the necessary code and detail the current issue.
Have a nice day!

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Hi Forward Sun, Many thanks again!

Below a 'generic' version of the code. I guess one can summarize the question as:

How can you persist the programatically created LinkButtons across Page_Loads without calling the LB_Maker function on every page load?

The idea was to use the AJAX update panel in order to avoid this, but it does not work, unfortunately. I can roughly imagine why you suggest persisting state with viewstate, viewsate is used to persist the status of controls across postbacks. However, I thought AJAX makes this unnecessary because it avoids full postback?

Could you be more specific please? Or is it something much simpler which can be rendered by switching something on/off?

In the below version of the code, without every time firing the LB_Maker method in the Page load, the Page seems to forget that the programmatically added LinkButtons exist and have a click event associated with them (pay attention to the note in the code behind please).

THE CODE:

Here is the code for the Page (Default.aspx):

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
        .style1 {
            width: 100%;
        }
</head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
                <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                        <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">
                        </asp:Panel>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                </asp:UpdatePanel>
                <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                        <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server">
                            <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label>
                        </asp:Panel>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                </asp:UpdatePanel>

    </form>

And here is the code behind (Default.aspx.cs, note the NOTE in the comments):

 using System;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Xml.Linq;

{
    {
        if (!Page.IsPostBack)
        {
            LB_Maker();
        }
        else
        {
            LB_Maker();//NOTE: comment this out and after clicking a LinkButton you get a blank screen, the click event is not fired either
        }
        UpdatePanel1.Update();
    }

    public void LB_Maker()
    {
        for (int i = 1; i < 4;  i++)
        {
            LinkButton LB = new LinkButton();
            LB.ID = i.ToString(); //assign ID
            LB.Text = "Test"+ i.ToString();
            LB.Click+=new EventHandler(LB_Click); //assign click event
            Panel1.Controls.Add(LB);
        }
    }

    public void LB_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Label1.Text = ((LinkButton)sender).Text;
        UpdatePanel2.Update();
    }
}

Thank you!

Best regards,

Damian

6
eracekat69
8/11/2008 5:08:28 PM

Hi eracekat69,

Although Ajax can avoid updating the entire page with a postback, it has the similar page life cycle with the Web page. As a result, it can’t show the dynamically controls with each postback without calling the LB_Maker( ) mehod.

If you would like to persist the dynamically generated controls, we can create them declaratively and set its visible property to false. Then, set the visible property to true when appropriate. Thus, the page will display the controls with each postback.

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

using click event to change value used in form.load event?
Hi all. I need to use a value that is set in a button.click event, to create objects during page.load eventis that possible? Thanx for all help You can create objects in Button Click Event,As the Page_Load will fires first and then after the Button_Click event, when you click the button. Also you can use the sender property of the Page_Load Event. Hope this helps. - DeepakDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. Tha...

linkbutton click event defined in masterpage not fired in pages using masterpage
hi, i've created a master-page (page.master) with a link-button on it. in the code-behind (page.master.vb) i defined the click-event.the event never gets fired in pages which use the master-page. what have i done wrong? here's my code: page.master <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButtonLogout" runat="server" CausesValidation="False"                 PostBackUrl="~/login.aspx" ForeColor="White">Logout</asp:LinkButton> page.master.vb Pro...

Calling parent window (using master page) button click event from an opened child window (not using master page)
I have a parent window that pops up a child window. In the child window, there is a server control LinkButton, with the following command at code-behind upon clicking:         Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.opener.document.getElementById('<%=btnMas.ClientID%>').click(); </SCRIPT>");        Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.close() </SCRIPT>");        Response.End(); What it would like to do are:1) Invoke the ...

In large web page, every page_load event makes position to page beginning.To go bottom I have to use scrool but I want to position on any location automatically after page_load event
In large web page, every Page_Load event makes position to page beginning.To go bottom I have to use scrool but I want to position on any location automatically after Page_Load event. for exemple: I have a check box named "C8" at the bottom of the web page. Normally I must scrool to bottom to see this control. I want to see this control without scrooling after every Page_Load event. How can I do this, (with c#) Thanks. The easiest way is to use SmartNavigation. It only works with modern IE browsers (5.5+). http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemWebUIPageClassSmartNavigationTopic.aspDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

how to use form tag in the content page while master page form tag is in use?
Hi there, i have created a bug report form in the content page which uses the master page template. In the master page i am using the menu which should be in the form tag. when i use the form tag in the content it gives me the error as cant use more than one form tag. how can i resolve it. i hav searched in this forum for tht.. i got links which says to disable the content page form tag as form.visible= false. In my situation i cant disable any of the form tag either inthe master page( menu with in the form tag) or content page ( bug report form with server controls with...

Postback of one frame in response to click of a image button in another frame in the same page(Note:-Both frames there are 2 different aspx page but in a same page page using 2 frames)
Hi all, I am having a C# coded page with 2 different frames in it.This 2 frames contain each an aspx file.So the functionality am trying is I have image buttons in one frame .So when i click that image button the other frame i have should load with a specified image in it. I tried redirecting it but that happens only in the first frame where the image buttons are.Resulted in showing the 2 frames in the first frame. I am stuck in this for almost a day.Please can anyone help regarding this?. Regards, Joseph look into the Target attribute of the anchor: for example: <a h...

Web User Control - Button Click
I have a web user control which is has one Button control on it. It has a event for handling the click... if I put this user control ( button ) at the top  of the page, the click event does not get fired just page is refreshed...but where as if I move to the bottom of the page, ButtonClick is fired ???? I am completely clueless why is this change of behavior with respect to the position of the control?? Thanks. could you show us the code that you have problem with ...   Here is the code ( i have taken out the unwanted part of the page ) Please note that the bSave does not work where as bSave1 works...  Thanks.  ======================================================================================================================= ProjWPRP.aspx  <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/TopMenuTemplate.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ProjWPRP.aspx.cs" Inherits="WPRP.Web.ProjWPRP" %><%@ register src="ucEditControl.ascx" tagname="ucEditControl" tagprefix="uc3" %><%@ register src="ucButtonControl.ascx" tagname="ucButtonControl" tagprefix="uc1" %><asp:content contentplaceholderid="Body" id="cProjWPRP" runat="server"><br /><p><uc1:ucbuttoncontrol id="bSave" runat="server" cssclass="stdbutton" label="Save"></u...

Why does page postback not update page or raise event on first click
This if my first post and this may be simple, but it's been driving me insane. I have a page http://autosuperce.web138.discountasp.net/index.aspx On the left hand side of this page I have a search button towards the bottom.  When I click on the button I see the page attempt a postback, but it does not change.  It is supposed to load http://autosuperce.web138.discountasp.net/search.aspx  It loads the search page, but only have clicking on it twice.  Then on the search page, the form field values on the left (ie mileage, price, model, etc...) do not hold their...

Cross-page Postback click event for posting page does not fire
This is an asp.net 2.0 project using VS 2005.  Everything is created dynamically. I have created a controls class containing methods to create controls. A dynamically created user control uses some of these methods to dynamically create controls within itself. One of these controls is a button which I use to post the parent page's form to another page using cross page postback. Within this button, I have also specified a click event handler to be fired within the user control. On clicking the button, the new page opens OK but the user control click event handler never fires -or at least my breakpoint is never hit. Code follows: Controls Class method and Click Event Handler:public Button AddRTEButton(string ControlId, int top, int left, int height, int width, string TextControlId) {Button Btn = new Button(); Btn.ID = ControlId; //Btn.OnClientClick = "return OpenRTE('" + TextControlId + "');";Btn.Click +=new EventHandler(StoreText); Btn.PostBackUrl = "RTE.aspx";Btn.Text = "EditContent"; Btn.Style.Add("position", "absolute");Btn.Style.Add("top", top + "px"); Btn.Style.Add("left", left + "px");Btn.Style.Add("font-size", "7pt"); Btn.Width = width; Btn.Height = height;return Btn; }protected void StoreText(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (ParentStoreText != null) //breakpoint set here but never reache...

using master page controls in content page and adding click event
Hi  I've currently got a control on my master page and i'm trying to write an even on the content page that fires when the button is clicked, I don't think it is working though. Can someone help? The code is below:  masterpage <asp:ImageButton id="imgButton" runat="server"/> code behind Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.Load Public ReadOnly Property lnkbFromMasterPage() As ImageButtonGetReturn imgButtonEnd GetEnd Property  content page code behind: Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.LoadIf Not IsPostBack Then Dim cmp As MasterPage = CType(Master, MasterPage)If Not IsNothing(cmp) ThenAddHandler cmp.lnkbFromMasterPage.Click, AddressOf lnkbFromMasterPage_ClickEnd If End IfEnd SubProtected Sub lnkbFromMasterPage_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Response.Write("test") End Sub I'm not getting the message printed to the screen so I presume it isn't working correctly can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Gemma  First, you can do it this way. Dim imgButton As ImageButton = cType(Master.FindControl("imgButton"), ImageButton)    Or..you can expose the control as a public property in the page load event of the Master Page.   Public ReadOnly Property lnkbFromMasterPage() As ImageButton Get Return imgButton End...

How do I use the public function I clarified in Master Page, and use it in other web forms?
I have written a public function in Master Page's Code File, and would like to use it in other web form while i would like to get the label out of the function return. Mark up: I have placed the ClassName ="MasterPage" in Master Page's <%@  Master.. ClassName="MasterPage" %> I have placed <%@ MasterType TypeName="Site.Master" in Web form used (or should i use VirtualPath instead?) Error : BC30456: 'RetrieveLanguageText' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.MasterPage'. Main.Master.vb (Site.Master'...

click event not firing for linkbuttons created after page load (AJAX Enabled Page)

How do I invoke the button's click event using using VB.Net
I am programming VB.Net for my ASP.net project. Can anyone tell me how do I code the "button" server control to invoke the click event? I believe one line of VB code would do. It didn't work when I try btnButton.Click() ???? Thank You! You can always call btnButton_Click(Me, EventArgs.Empty) If I remember correctly. This assumes you have a btnButton_Click(sender as Object, e as EventArgs) sub somewhere in your page. Greg You can also do btnButton_Click.PerformClick() !Jarod Sorry... Forget... The PerformClick method exist only for windows forms b...

How to programmatically use the red X (close) button of a web form (web page)?
Hello All! I have developped a web application that has controls on it and lets the users enter in data and save in a database. Now, what I would like to do is to code the event procedure of the red X (close) button of a web form (web page) so that, when users click on the button to try to close the page, a window is displayed to the user, asking him/her if he/she would like to save the data entered in the controls of the web form (web page). I would like to point out that I DON'T want to use an actual button, like I saw in most of the websites I visited, and code it like that. What I want is the code for the red X (close) button of a web form so that, when it is clicked, the user is presented a message box asking if the data needs to be saved. Similar to an Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) document  when they're closed, there's a window that appears, asking the user if the changes need to be recorded. This is what I would like to have.  How do I program the red X (close) button that will prompt the user to save the changes first and close?  Any help will be very much appreciated!  Check below artileHandle Close window eventHC Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello Haissam! I had a look at the article you sent me, and I need you to shed light on some stuff. Where do I put all the code I saw in the article under the Demonstration section? Do I put them within the Web.c...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page
Hi ,I am getting the following runtime error in my Asp.net page when i click on a Button in asp.net 2.0 page before the page completely loads.Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the Clie...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.
I have the following error message come up whenever I click this button in my DataList. <asp:ImageButton ID="BtnDelete" ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" CommandName="Delete" CausesValidation="true" ToolTip="Delete this photo." runat="server" OnClientClick="return confirm('Request that this item be deleted?');" />Basically this is supposed to fire the AlbumList_DeleteCommand in the codefile, but instead, it throws an exception protected void AlbumList_DeleteCommand (Object src, DataListCommandEventArgs e) &n...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security pu #3
Hi all, I have two forms in a page . one is  runat="server" and other is for html submit button. while i post the html submit button. the above error is thrown. What will be the reason? Thanks. Bibek This blog would help you.http://blogs.msdn.com/amitsh/archive/2007/07/31/why-i-get-invalid-postback-or-callback-argument-errors.aspx  Hi bibekdahal,to resolve this error u can set the EnableEventValidation = "false" in the page directive. However,  i will recommend u to use ClientScript.RegisterForEventValidation method to register the control which cau...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security pu #2
hi....  Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation. plz reply as possible as with example thx, Tushar...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security pu #4
when i click on any link during page loading the above error i get my code is in c#.net. can any one help me......  Read here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.page.enableeventvalidation.aspxBind GridView to Dynamically created DataTable | Bind DataTable to DropDownListMy Blog while deploying i m getting following error. plz help me in resolving this error Server Error in '/bestbuy' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 39: <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/> Line 40: Line 41: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/> Line 42: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/> Line 43: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBE...

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Web resources about - LinkButton: avoid postback related page refresh, but use the click event - asp.net.web-forms