Large text fields in gridview not displaying all the text

I have a Boundfield in a gridview that is bound to a 'memo' field.  When displayed the field 'grows' to fit all the text, but it removes all carriage return/line feeds.  How can I get it to 'grow' to the needed size to accommodate all the text AND retain the carriage return/line feeds?

If I go into Edit mode, the Boundfield only display about the first 25 characters.   How can I get it to 'grow' to the needed size to accommodate all the text AND retain the carriage return/line feeds?

0
Scheinin

Replace the BoundField Column with a TemplateField column and in both the ItemTemplate and EditItemTemplate you can put in a TextBox control or an additional 3rd party control that will support the large text field and retain the carriage return / LF's.

hth,

mcm

0
mcmcomasp
10/2/2007 11:17:38 PM

In the ItemTemplate and EditItemTemplate, the TextBox does not wrap, does not grow and does not retain the CR/LF

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:TextBox ID="IPT_Comment" Wrap=true runat="server" Text='<% #Bind("IPT_Comment")%>' Width=530px Visible=TRUE ></asp:TextBox>

</ItemTemplate>

 If I add TextMode="MultiLine", then it does wrap and does retain the CR/LF but will not grow.

0
Scheinin

How to display a large text file on a web form with optimal performance
 Hi folks,I am trying to display large plain text files (5-6MB) on a web form inside a label, but the load just take forever.These text files are in a remote file server.Plus, the return lines are not kept when displaying the text file content, any suggestions on that too?I use  Code is below for your suggestions and insights. 1 Stream stream = new FileStream(file_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);2 BufferedStream bstream = new BufferedStream(stream);3 StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(bstream, true);4 5 lblLog.Text = String.Empty;6 lblLog.Text = reader.R...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How does text gets displayed in composer text field?
Hi, I'm new to TB dev. I stumbled upon this problem while trying to fix bug 309= 708. I am trying to figure out how does a message gets displayed in the com= poser window? I noticed that when I click edit on a mail in my drafts folde= r, the text in the uncompleted mail is displayed in the composer. I want to= do something similar to this. Does anyone know how does TB copy the text from the mail and display it on = the composer window? Is there like a textField.setText() to put the text into the composer's edi= ting text field? In another words, what function should i ca...

Large Text Fields in Forms
I have a very large text field which I would like to edit via a form. The Form only displays about 36K of the text and then stops. These text columns often contain 50K or more for text. Is there an paramters or preference I need to set to allow the Form to display the entire contents of the Text Column? Is this a bug in InfoMaker. Other tools including Access and SQL Advantage allow me to see all the data. Steve Rosenblum ...

quoted text in a perl form text field problem...
I have a perl form that records to a MySql database. Every time someone uses the form and enters �quoted text� in a text box or text area the record is not sent. Is there a way to allow �quoted text� to be processed? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance David _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com David Draley wrote: > > I have a perl form that records to a MySql database. Every time someone > uses the form and enters �quoted text� in a text box or text area the rec...

Large amounts of text in text control = Page Cannot be Displayed
Hello I am unsure of where this post belongs, but I'll start here. I have text files with sizes often larger than 10mb that I am loading into a text control for viewing. I also have a calendar that allows a user to select the day and load the file for that day. For some reason, when I view a file that has > 8mb or so of data, the next time I postback to that page I get a "Page cannot be displayed." Any ideas? Thanks. Jon I know this article is on WriteFile, but I think you are running into a similar issue. Have you tried writing output to the Response stream in s...

Displaying text and graphics in a web form
Hi: I want to display a DataBase field in some part of a webform. However, this field should have text and graphics (BMP, JPG, GIF, etc). Is there some control to use for this? At first, I though I could use HTML format for this field, so the text and graphics appear like in a "web page" (that is, I would have the text in the HTML and the graphics using the IMG tag. However, I don't know how to visualize a "web page" inside another "web page" (the web form)... Is there any way to accomplish this?   Regards; Gus pardon me if i am wrong... but it...

ASE text field to ASA text field
Hi I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write text fields properly but it requires a size parameter. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the SQL I'm trying to run; insert asa_invt_prod_note select invt_prod_id,note_type,note,fpi_rep_status_flag,created_date,created_by,up...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

large text fields not displaying/printing (Ughhh!)
We have a text/string column that can get quite large (I mean really large). We would like to display the column (with a bunch of other columns) in a report and then we would like to print the report. Sounds easy enough, but PB 6.5.1 is not consistently displaying/printing all of the column. I decided to break the nefarious column into 5K chunks. It's not the prettiest way to do it but it was worth a shot. I've tried this in a tabular dw and a rich text dw, with very inconsistent results. Now we're ready to try something drastic. I thought about using MS Word Viewer ...

Format text field and field text box in datagrid
I have a column that allows the user to edit the datagrid.  When the Edit link is clicked, only one column is editable...this works.  The problems are that:1) the text box is only 75% of the width of the column2) when i type text into the text field, the size is a lot larger than the text in other non-editable columns3) the height of the text-box is too high.In summar, how can i format the editable field?I have tried doing so, in the Propery Builder>Format and changing the settings in the 'Edit Mode Items', that does not help.  I'm trying to use the XX-Small text size....

RE: ASA text field to ASA text field
Hi Sorry the versions I was using for the problem below were. Using ASE version 11.9.2.5 Using ASA version 6.0.3.3113 I'm trying to push data from ASE text to ASA text, I also had problems pulling an ASE text field from ASA using proxy tables. I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write...

text field with prepopulated text
I have a web form, there is an address text field, for my purpose, I only need it into this one field for street address city, state, zip. I would like to have something like street address city, state, zip in the text box when page load, but when the user click the text field, it goes blank, so the user can enter their own address. How can I do this? Thanks Hi,this can be done by prefilling it in the page_load for example and then use javascript onfocus event to clear out the value of the textbox. Another way to go is to use the Textboxwatermark extender from the ASP.NET AJAX Control ...

Check if the text box "text" has changed (RePost from web forms forum)
Greetings! How can i know if the "text" inside of a text box has changed? For example, I currently have this: if (txtMU.TextChanged()) { } But this does not work. The other idea I had was to assign the existing value of the text box to a string and then when the user click the save button I can create a conditional statement to compare the original string with the new string. However, I would like something more effective as I have like 12 text boxes to compare. Thanks, EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful. Here is the easiest way that I have ...

Web resources about - Large text fields in gridview not displaying all the text - asp.net.web-forms

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...