It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ...

You may receive the error "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level" in asp.net.
This Article explains the resolution for the same.
Thanks.

regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

Problem with Using Forms Authentication to Secure Subdirectory
Ok first let me say that this is a typical rented server off DiscountASP.net so I dont have direct IIS manager access. My app is pretty simple. I have the root / and a /Admin subfolder that I will allow the client to edit data on the customer interface. Mostly simple price listings. I want to restrict access to the /Admin folder obviously but leave the rest of the site wide open. I'm getting the following error. I only have one web.config file in the root. and the Admin subfolder is just a simple subfolder I created myself. Do I have to create the ADmin folder as its own application? I w...

VS 2008 error 'It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 I am using VS 2008 on Windows XP. I downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit. I am working on Liberty's Programming ASP.NET 3.5 AjaxDemo.aspx. When I hit F5 I get the following error message: "Error    1    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."  I do not have IIS on this machine. I checked out   http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/...

It's is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ...
Hello Dear All, I'm just making my first steps in programming, and i'm really interesting in asp.net. I downloaded the Employee Info Starter Kit in order to learn some features, but unfortunatly i'm not able to run the application. This is the error i'm getting : It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. F:\Employee Info\employee-info-web-starter-kit\Web.config I thought i had to configure IIS in machi...

Using section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' error when moving web to remote site
I have one old web, based on ASP3.0 and ASP.NET technologies (Some parts are ASP 3.0 scripts, other ones are using .NET Framework 3.0). here are three subdirectories (in root of IIS), which are supposed to be small isolated applications. Two of them has their own config files. When web is running at IIS (6.0), everything goes fine. But when I open web site in VS 2005, child applications are visible as subdirectories, no applications. Here is no icon for applications and if I try to compile web, I receive this error message:Using section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication...

Error Message :It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ........
" It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."Could anyone plz help.....Why this error is occuring look at this. http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/37609.aspx in overview any one of the below 2 reasons.  1. You must define that application as virtual directory. you can do this by giving the directory websharing by rightclick the direcotyr-> properties->websharing-> share t...

Error 102 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 Hi there, i'm greatful if nayone can help me with it. i'm stuck with this error, trying to get to working but to no avail. Error    102    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.   ...\Web.config    389     i read lots of the posts but the solutions offered there did not resolve my problem. here is what i've tried...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Hello. I got this error on my brinkster hosting.   I have a virtual directory and on the virtual directory is a fodler called webroot. and on this there are 7 subdirectorys according to each one of my domains.  As the error says. I cant create a virtual directory because its not a dedicated server.     Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Dear All, I am a newbie and this is my first time trying to run asp.net :) I was trying to deploy the wrox asp.net sample code and this is what I got when I tried to run it. I created a virtual directory called "wrox". I have changed the username in the machine.config <processModel> to: userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" I thought it was supposed to run because it is WROX OFFICIAL SAMPLE CODE. Server Error in '/wrox' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configur...

...error to use a section registered as AllowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
It is an error to use a section registered as AllowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. The error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Well I created a new web site application in VS2005 using the 'File System' option. The error message I get is when using the VS2005 IIS to test the page code. So I should not need to set up any IIS stuff when using the VS2005 debugger. I simply followed the steps in the microsoft tutorial: Working with Data in ASP.NET 2.0 :: Creating a Data Access Layerhttp://www.asp.net/learn/dataacces...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
I have uploaded my site. It is working fine on my local server on my PC. But when I upload on remote server I am shown following error. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application...

RE: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
RE: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' There's an asp.net 1.1 vb.net vs 2003 solution under a virtual directory on one of our sites. I can see the solution and project files in under the folder where the IIS virtual directory is pointing. The solution is working fine. On the server, If I manually create a new virtual directory, create a new application name for it under the same application pool and copy the the full directory into the new virtual I can browse the solution. However if I attempt to browse the logon.aspx page I...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi i am getting this error, i am using visual studio 2005 and i have IIS 6, what do i need to do to rectify this problem, thank you. Can i also add that this error just came out of the blue, because the last time i started up the project it worked fine....

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi Friends  i host the applicatin on server.I got the  error as Virtual  Directory not cofigured.I am using .net frame work 2.0 and i create the virtual directory in application Server. I am using Form authentication for application. I checked  virtual directory is created successfully. I need help to set any other properties virtual directory properites.  Do you have a sub web.config files ? i mean config files other than the one in the main directory ? if so , please make sure to remove the <authentication> section from them. Regards,Anas G...

Web resources about - It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ... - asp.net.web-forms