ispostback is false even when it is not suppose to be false

I got this form with several panels and buttons to go back and forward. I initiate a variable inside the page_load, like this:

<script runat="server">

dim s as integer

sub page_load

if not ispostback then

   s=0

end if

end sub

</script>

Somehow, whenever a forward button or previous button is clicked, it will execute s=0. I followed each step and it looks like ispostback is always false in this case. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0
ming2005

dim s as integer

s is never given an initial value, so, it's default value is 0, even on a postback.

Zath

0
Zath
3/21/2006 7:23:37 PM
Where is it that you give S another value besides 0?
Bryan Sampica
Auction Site StarterKit |
My Blog
0
Freakyuno
3/21/2006 7:23:50 PM
I changed s value when a forward button is clicked. I don't understand why ispostback is false whenever a button is clicked.
0
ming2005

How to make Master page to be visible=false for particular web form in a web application
Hi all,         I am using master page in my application. i have selected masterpage while adding a new form. But now i don't want the master page in one of my web form.Can any  one help in solving out this. Radhi Remove the masterpage name in the @page attribute and add the other HTML tags that are needed in a webformVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Hi Radhika, Simply do this page.MasterPageFile=nothing  Do mark as answer if it helpsBest RegardsAli Sufyan ButtSoftware EngineerElectron...

Is ViewState still validated even when enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"
Does a aspx page get validated on the web server even if enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"? Thanks....   Pete A wrote: Does a aspx page get validated on the web server even if enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"? What do you mean by "Page get validated". Are you talking about the server side validation?Kumar Reddi If a web control depends on the ViewState (i.e. DropDownList) then you will have issues. So, you will also have issues with validation if ViewState is disabled.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan...

TextBox Visible=false
If I put a TextBox on my web form in Visual Studio and set the Visible property to false, then when I look at the page source from my web browser I don't find any input box with type=Hidden. If I set the Visible property to be true then I see the Textbox in my page source from my web browser. Shouldn't setting the Visible property to be false cause the asp page to generate a hidden form field? Could my settings in Visual Studio be wrong somehow to cause it to not generate any field at all when visible=false??? thx again, If you set visible to false, generally the control ...

ExecuteScalar return false even when it supposed to be right? For login stuffs
This is my code that I wrote to use with the Login page... It's in a seperate file, called Security.cs:  1 public bool Authenticate(string ADMIN_USERNAME, string ADMIN_PASSWORD) 2 { 3 bool returnValue = false; 4 5 MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionString"].ConnectionString); 6 MySqlCommand myCommand = new MySqlCommand(); 7 8 try 9 { 10 myCommand = new MySqlCommand("SELECT ADMIN_USERNAME, ADMIN_PASSWORD FROM t_brain_admin WHERE AD...

Configuration: Debug .NET even when configuration is Release and debug=false
All -- Please help. Why does the Output Window say "Configuration: Debug .NET" for a web site project when I have set the build configuration in the VS.NET IDE to "Release" and I have set <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" /> in the Web.config file? Here are the details. I have a VS.NET 2005 SP1 Solution. The Solution contains 6 ClassLibrary projects. The Solution contains 1 web-site project in it. I am using C#.NET for all projects. In the VS.NET IDE, I have set the build configuation to "Release". In the Web.config file I have set <compil...

requiresQuestionAndAnswer changes to True even when Web.config says false
I have a Custom membership provider (downloaded from ASP.NET).  Almost everything works except GetPassword(). Web.config has requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false", and when MyMembership is first initialized it is in fact ‘false’.  However, next time it is called (when GetPassword() is called, requiresQuestionAndAnswer is now ‘true’. I have debugged this until I can no longer see straight, but could not find the bug.   Any ideas?Thank you,================MusicManPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, e...

Web farm load balacing resulting in IsPostBack always == false?
Ok, got two web servers that are basically load balanced between. Application works just fine in single server environment. Also, if I'm lucky enough to post back to the same server in load balanced environemt everything also works fine. The problem starts when I end up posting back between servers. I've confirmed I am running the same .NET version, same exact application version, same machineKey settings, etc. on both ServerA and ServerB.Basically if you've done any research on this stuff before you know that the first thing the page stuffs in it's ViewState is the result of Page::GetT...

what is Ispostback==false
 what is Ispostback==false IsPostBack== false - Means it works for first time form load.  it does not work  when button is clicked . IsPostBack== true - Means it does not work for first time form load. It works when button is clicked.   Vinay    Vinay Kumar Sinha.net Sr. DeveloperHyderabad As the property name implies, isPostback==false means the page has not been posted back----------> means the page is loading for the first time. So when firsttime you are requesting for the page isPostback=false at that point of time. If you pr...

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but I don't see it with IE7.) What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.) Bob Bob Fleischer wrote: > I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages > that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but > I don't see it with IE7.) > > What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.) > > Bob Where do you see this? do you ha...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

When Press F5 in my web page, it is making fresh call to the page and IsPostBack is false though after many click on button on same page
HI,  I am Using .net 3.5 and vs 2008. In my project there is a Master page also. Actually my problem is. when navigate to the Page say "Home.aspx",  IsPostback is false and relevant code is executed. After that Button1 is clicked in home page, this time IsPostback is true and corresponding code and Button1_click code is executed. In this situation F5 is pressed, as per the aspx lifecycle IspostBack is true and Button1_click must be executed. but in my case it is pretty diffrent, i.e IsPostback  is false and page is loading freshly as firstime request to the...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web resources about - ispostback is false even when it is not suppose to be false - asp.net.web-forms

C# dotnet SQL editor (codebehind side)
... this diy SQL... protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){ // Load the connections only the first time the page is loaded if (!IsPostBack) ...

Silverlight, FireFox and 100%
In my last post I mentioned something nice about FireFox. In this post I’ll talk something not that nice about FireFox and the way we, more or ...

Visual Studio 11 Beta in Context
... : System.Web.UI.Page { private readonly DemoWhateverDataContext _db = new DemoWhateverDataContext(); public void Page_Load() { if (!IsPostBack) ...

Recent questions
Recent questions

Upgrading to JSF 2
... at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.DefaultRestoreViewSupport.isPostback(DefaultRestoreViewSupport.java:179) at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.Re ...

CodeSOD: Count On It
... right for Request.QueryString["number"]; , but not this special snowflake: protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!IsPostBack) ...

Fully Editable Datagrid - Pale Musings
This is the text from an article I wrote back in April of 2003 and had published on the original DotNetJunkies site. After my recent change in ...

WebstersProdigy
Colored Hat. New post around the First of the Month

Check Uncheck all CheckBoxes in an ASP.NET GridView using jQuery
... partial class Default4 : System.Web.UI.Page{ List listEmp = new List (); protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) ...

QueryHome
QueryHome: Community edited question and answer site for technical collaboration and technical networking.