Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload?

I am working on a content management system which requires me to upload WebEx recording files (.wrf) through file upload control. But I am getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It worked with other files types as txt, doc, xls, pdf, jpg, gif etc. Is it related to any security issue or just a bug with the file upload control?

 Thank you.

0
bengaliboy

The file upload control doesn't have any file type limitations that I'm aware of, but it does have some size constraints.  By default, ASP.NET is configured to not accept any file's larger than 4MB.  You can increase that by changing the Web.Config file's HttpRuntime->maxRequestLength element.  It defaults to 4096K, but you can change that to any number you would like.

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="4096" />

 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323245

0
Benners_J

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control
How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control? By default its 4mb but it can be chaged through web config settingsAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. For a detailed explanation on your query have a look into this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641(vs.71).aspxAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point...

Upload control, (limiting what file extensions can be uploaded)
I want to limit people uploading only .jpg and .gif extensions. Because im afraid of hackers uploading scripts and executing them. Below is my code.Dim filepath As String = ImageUp.PostedFile.FileName Dim pat As String = "\\(?:.+)\\(.+)\.(.+)" Dim r As Regex = New Regex(pat)Dim m As Match = r.Match(filepath) Dim file_ext As String = m.Groups(2).Captures(0).ToString()Dim filename As String = m.Groups(1).Captures(0).ToString() Dim file As String = filename & "." & file_extSELECT *FROM TBL_CUSTOMERS WITH(NOLOCK)WHERE CUSTOMER_IQ > 10ORDER BY CUSTOMER_ID DES...

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly?
When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly? A user want to upload a text file from client PC to server (normally it is Windows 2003), but I'm not sure which OS it is in client, maybe it is a english version Windows or chinese Windows (default encoding is GB2312).so the encoding of text file in client maybe is ASCII or GB2312.I think that "StreamReader myRead= new StreamReader(FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream,Encoding.Default) will be run in server,so "Encoding.Default" will be the default encodin...

Add link buttons to each file uploaded using File upload control
Hi,   In my application I have one file upload control. When the user selectes a file to upload and when he clicks on Attach button I need to show him the file name of the file he selected to upload and also show the Remove link button after the file name. In this case I need to generate link button dynamically. I wrote a code like the following:protected void btnAttach_ServerClick(object sender, EventArgs e) {string strFileName = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName;string c = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strFileName); listBoxAttachedFiles.Items.Add(c);LinkButton b = new LinkButton(); b.Te...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

How Do I Enable A File Upload Control When Another File Upload Control Has A Value?
Hi There,Thanks you for taking the time to read this post.  I am quite new to programming and have searched the net and experimented with my own code but not been able to get it to work yet.I am creating a simple CMS for a friends site and my friend wants to be able to upload 9 images per page.I have created an asp.net form with 9 file upload controls.  I want 1 control to be enabled by default and the other 8 controls disabled until the previous control has a value.  I have set the default setting in visual studio without any problem.My first thought was to double cli...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Upload file from remote Computer using File Upload
Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?     RamarjunK:Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?  you can. when the file open dialog box comes, choose my network places, select the corrosponging share, specify the credentials.  then choose the file.you haven't do any thing special, coding is same .Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish a...

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

Web resources about - Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload? - asp.net.web-forms

Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"OCILLA" redirects here. For the town in Georgia, United States, see Ocilla, Georgia . The 1998 DMCA was the U.S. implementation of the 1996 ...

faroo_p2p: My answer on Quora to: What are practical limitations of P2P networks? http://qr.ae/JHKn
faroo_p2p: My answer on Quora to: What are practical limitations of P2P networks? http://qr.

Armstrong's damage limitation
Armstrong's damage limitation

The limitations of China's hukou reforms
China has finally abolished the most discriminatory aspect of its household registration system, but rural migrants still can't move freely from ...

Syria crisis: Tony Abbott frustrated by limitations in tackling Islamic State
Nobody doubted Cabinet would give the go-ahead for expanding air strikes into Syria. What did come as a surprise was the extent to which Tony ...

7 Google Chromecast Limitations All Potential Buyers Should Consider
I ordered my Google Chromecast streaming dongle thingamajigger within an hour of its announcement last week, and it promptly arrived on my doorstep ...

Kiss review: Dazzling spectacle distracts from unholy foursome's musical limitations
Explosive opening, invigorating finale, lots of choruses looking for a song in the middle.

TechKnow tests fans: Despite limitations, sometimes a cheap fan is all you need
Who has packed away their portable heaters and retrieved last summer's fans from storage? Not I. You see the Dyson AM09 is both a heater and ...

Kiss review: dazzling spectacle distracts from unholy foursome's musical limitations
Explosive opening, invigorating finale, lots of choruses looking for a song in the middle.

Limitations on patrol boats Richard Marles - Video
Shadow immigration spokesperson Richard Marles wants to know what limitations of use are on the patrol boats gifted to Sri Lanka.