Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?

I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.

As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code

HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;

loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work

Your help is appreciated.

almargob

I dont think you can automate the upload file process in the regular file upload control that ships with asp.net because you can not set the file to the fileupload control its just a read only property.try to search for a third party control which will do the process.

HC

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam

I'm quite agree with Haissam, since such behaviour is a huge security risk to users.
And the browser will try to prevent this from happenning.
0
Raymond
3/14/2007 4:06:22 AM
I think the host is a hacker.
0
guaiguosh

Problem in Receiving the files that had been attached with my web form using a html file input
Hello there!,I am having trouble in receiving the attached files from a html file input !.First of all i have added a master page and made this form as a content page!Actaully the view state of this html file input is not maintaining when the page is posted back!. It says Request.Files.Count=0 even i had attached a file!Before adding the master page it worked fine!Could you please tell me a solution!,My Code isif (Request.Files.Count != 0){HttpFileCollection files = Request.Files;DataTable Table4 = new DataTable();DataColumn Doc_Name = new DataColumn();Doc_Name.ColumnName = "Documents&q...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

page code file not resolving page web controls Visual Web Developer 2008
Hi, my page code file has stopped resolving my page controls, this is a bit of a headache as I am not able to verify my variables properly! anyone encountered this?   you might want to check if your code file is referenced in the .aspx file using "CodeFile=" and not "CodeBehind=". the class must also be declared as partial. if this does not work, you can try to declare a protected variable in your code file with the exact same name for every control you want to manipulate and see if it matches at runtime (the 1.1 way). e.g.: protected DropDownList MyDDL...

How to upload file without using html file control
hi i want to know how to upload files without using <input type=file ... > control.means without browsing and selecting the file. i know due to security issues its not allowed that we assign value to file control. but there must be some way of doing it. i heard this can be done using  "HTTP POST" ?  or by opening a socket conenction with the web server? please help  Irfan Zafar Using HTTP POST requires that you use a form and, therefore, use a HtmlInputFile Control. Obviously this isn't what you want to do. The only solution is to write an ActiveX Contr...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

How to File Upload in file server by using web application C#
Currently I am working to upload a csv file  Upload in file server (not on webserver) getting error , I map Y drive to our file server. (y=\\fileserver\load\) Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'.   FileUpLoad1...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

multiple file upload using my web form
Hi all. I work for a web company, and a website was built for a client, which lets the company that we built it for, upload images to their web server through the web page using a standard fileupload control. For each image they upload, some code in the background (vb .net) takes the details and adds the details to a database on the server, the loads the image to the server. On a regular basis they upload all their images this way, which can be hundreds of images! Is there a way for me to let them upload a folder full of images? This couldn't be an FTP job as code needs to work in the ...

Is there a way to upload .swf files on a web page?
Is there a way to upload .swf files on a web page?  I need to put a Flash piece in either an HTML/TEXT box, or the skin itself. No luck getting any flash to play in DNN Thanks! This thread has some good ways to do it.http://forums.asp.net/880026/ShowPost.aspxJohn M. ...

upload file using input control: keep the selected file displayed
 Hello,I'm using an input control that allows the user to select a file to upload:<input id="File1" type="file" runat="server" size="60" />When the user selects a file and after PostBack, the input file control is blank. How do I make it keep the value of the selected file ?Thanks. Hi ultravi0let, Set EnableViewState property on the FileUpload or INPUT control to "true" MausyIf this post answers your question please "mark it as answer" on the title of the post in order to inform other users! Thanks. Mausy  ...

File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#
I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);getting error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.  please help.DostMy website The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also b...

Web resources about - Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control? - asp.net.web-forms

Wikipedia:Uploading images - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For more information on multimedia on Wikipedia in general (images, sound files, etc.), see Wikipedia:Media . Unfortunately large numbers of ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading ...

New “Facebook for Every Phone” App Brings Photo Uploading and More to 2500 Different Feature Phones
Today, Facebook officially launched “Facebook for Every Phone”, a downloadable native mobile app compatible with 2500 different feature phones. ...

Defence bureaucrat pleads guilty to uploading secret document online
... embarrassing security breach with &quot;Five Eyes&quot; intelligence document. A former junior Defence bureaucrat has pleaded guilty to uploading ...

Uploading Bautista bat flip GIFs could get you sued under TPP, copyright activists warn
Copyright activists say Canadians could face lawsuits, fines or worse for ripping the latest Justin Bieber CD or uploading an animated GIF of ...

Facebook pages sharing less YouTube videos, uploading more video direct to site
While YouTube remains the gold standard for uploading videos online, a new study finds that its presence on Facebook is increasingly declining ...

Facebook for iOS updated with faster newsfeed, re-built timeline on iPhone, improved photo uploading
Facebook has updated its iOS application with improved speed for your timeline, newsfeed, and photo uploading. This update comes a couple of ...

Facebook Adds Features to Photo Uploading via iPhone, Android Apps
Facebook announced improvements to the ways that users upload photos to the social network via its iOS and Android flagship applications , allowing ...

Google Play Books updated, brings performance tweaks and uploading from your phone or tablet
PDF and ePub files can be shared to Google Play Books using the Android intents system

Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading
Fast Company Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading Android Community Different social networks are doing everything ...