Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?

Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks.
0
Fish

If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.

Rachel Appel
MVP - ASPInsider
0
RJA
11/10/2005 12:35:41 AM
In order to better answer this, I could use some details as to what you wish to accomplish.  Here's a quick list of a few possible methods at run time in general terms:
  • Use an iframe html tag with its src set to the page you wish to include
  • Use the XmlHttp JavaScript interface, aka Ajax, to request a page (http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=Ajax)
  • On the server side, use the System.Net.WebClient classes (or other network objects) to parse what you need to include
  • Server side includes
The easiest thing to do would be to use an iframe; the other methods would need to do some string parsing/regex's/text scraping because you won't want to end up with a page with two <html> or <body> tags, etc.

Let me know how I can be of some assistance.

- Jeff
Jeff Wilcox [MSFT]
Software Development Engineer
Silverlight Toolkit
http://www.jeff.wilcox.name/blog/

JWilcox
11/10/2005 12:44:30 AM
There are several ways:<br/>

1. ASP.NET 2.0's MasterPages<br/>
2. Make the page you want to embed a UserControl (ASCX)<br/>
3. Use an IFRAME<br/>
0
MattDot

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

How to open another web page from one web page
Hi, I am writing an asp.net(C#) 2.0 web page with a link to another web page by clicking a button control on the page, so how can I link it in the codes? I cannot access another aspx page class within the current aspx page class.  Thanks If you need to re-direct the user to another page after pressing your Button, then use the Response.Write method like so: Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx")Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET 1) Response.Redirect( "Destination PageName");2) Response.Transfer("Destination PageName");3) Hyperlink(  set Url="...

how to embed part of one page into another web page?
Any feedback will be highly appreciated.Thanks There is a HTML element called IFrame where you specify the size of the frame and the source URL which will then render that URL inside the IFrame. Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team) Use IFrame will contain the whole web page, right? How about I want to contain part of the web page? Thank you very much for your reply.  ...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

List web parts and web part zones from another page
Hi I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit. The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page. I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page. Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part inform...

activating new web page from another web page

diplay a web page into an area of another web page
How can I display a web page into an area of an other web page? I am using asp.net 2.0 and would like to avoid frames, but the functionality I need is just the one of a frame. Thanks Giancarlo Stinga You can use an iframe:http://www.mike-levin.com/iframes/ Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! DarrellNorton:http://www.mike-levin.com/iframes/ Wow!  Thanks for the extremely helpful link, Mr. MVP Moderator.  And we are supposed to look up to you guys...  Giancarlo: Here are some useful and releva...

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Web resources about - Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page? - asp.net.web-forms

Dawkins Criticized for Clock Boy Tweets, Bernie Sanders Could Be Person of the Year, Trump: P.M. Links ...
Liberals are going after Richard Dawkins for his aggressive insistence that "clock boy" Ahmed Muhamed perpetrated a hoax. National Review reporter ...

‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega Unsure How Fans Will React To New ‘Star Wars’ Pic
The burgeoning star of Disney /Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens has already watched Episode VII, and with the rumors that have been flying ...

Turkey shooting down that Russian plane doesn't mean war. Yet.
As Turkey shot down a Russian Su-24 military plane at the Turkish-Syrian border on Tuesday morning, the world is once again gearing up for real-time ...

Jeff Bezos Is Still Mad at The New York Times
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos may soon be able to go to space, but for now, he's going to keep going after The New York Times.

Some Dell Laptops Shipping With Big Security Flaw Pre-Installed
There are millions of Dell laptops out there in the world; businesses by them by the tens of thousands and plenty of home consumers use them ...

Amazon Video gets a bunch of new features on iOS
Amazon has released a ton of new features for its Video app. The update includes 3D touch support, Next Up (which is basically auto-play), picture-in-picture ...

Leaked recording: pollution lobbyists discuss exploiting Syrian refugee crisis
A leaked recording made of a conference call posted by the Edison Electric Institute, which lobbies for the power industry, reveals lobbyists ...

Beck: 'ISIS Is The Fruit Of Obama'
Glenn Beck dedicated a good part of his radio program this morning to laying out his case that the Obama administration is directly responsible ...

Amazon decides decorating subways with Nazi symbols was a bad idea
Amazon is asking New York's public transit system to remove a set of ads that plastered Nazi and Imperial Japanese imagery across subway cars ...

Richard Dawkins Compares Ahmed Mohamed To ISIS Child Soldier
Richard Dawkins is backpedaling after he posted a tweet Tuesday that compared "clock kid" Ahmed Mohamed to an Islamic State child soldier who ...