Is it possible to drag and drop controls freely on Panel web control?

I want to drag and drop control freely on Panel just like put windows control on groupbox and drag&drop freely, but after i put a control on panel, it is always on the left top corner, i can't drag it to other positioin. Does anybody help me out?
0
Emilyc

The Web Forms Panel's contents are in FlowLayout. In order to get what you are expecting, you need to go to the HTML tab in the toolbox, and use a "Gird Layout Panel."

j a s o n   b u n t i n g

0
JasonBunting
1/13/2005 8:15:53 PM
after you drag and drop the 2nd control onto your form, switch to HTML view and just copy/paste that control in your panel tags.
~tsmo
0
tsmo

Cant drag-and-drop Web Custom Control to Web Form!
Hi,I'm going insane here, I've read countless articles how to create a Web Custom Control and add it to the Toolbox and then just Drag-and-Drop it to a Web Form.And I have done exactly that except for the last step, any Web Custom Control I create refuses to be Drag-and-Dopped to the Web Form. What happens is the following, after I have added the Web Custom Control to the ToolBox I click it and drag it to the Web Form designer area. First I can see the icon of the Web Custom Control and I see a Referance being created but just after that the icon changes to one of those "you cant park here s...

Web control in web control

Drag & Drop other web controls to a composite control
Hi allI´m working on a GroupBox control and wonder if anyone know how I should do to make it possible to drag other web controls on it (just as if it was a System.Windows.Forms.GroupBox). Best RegardsMikael Håkansson I think it will suffice if you set the ParseChildren attribute to False. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconusingparsechildrenattribute.asp Jos...

I cannot drag web custom controls from toolbox to web form
I have created some web custom controls (both composite controls or derived/inherited controls).  I successfully added them to the toolbox. However, when I try to drag them onto the form, the cursor changes into a black circle with a diagonal line, and cannot drag them.  I also tried double-clicking them from the toolbox but it still won't work. I sent the Control Library (DLL) to a friend, and he managed to use it properly.  I am assuming this is a problem with my Visual Studio. Has anyone encountered such a problem?  Any suggestions or solutions?   Thanks. I...

web controls and web user control

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

Is it possible to have a web custom control( not a user control) in the app_code folder of a web project?
Or must it be inside a class library by itself? Do you compile the web site to get the dll then add that to the toolbar? Yes you can find the info here:http://alpascual.com/blog/al/archive/2006/06/19/The-power-of-CompositeControl.-Another-skeleton-class-.aspxCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Sorry, I'm not following. What does extending a composite control illustrate about creating a custom web control inside the appcode folder of web project....

Web user control inside update panel replace with another web user control
 Hi there. I have a page with a menu. an and then the content. My thing is. That i have the update panel, and inside that i have a regual panel in which i add the Web User Controls i need. Which all works fine. My problem is. That i i have a submit funcion on almoast all the Web User controls. What i would like is that i inside that update panel, can dispose the original Web user Control and then add a response Web User Control. In normal language. Is there a way that i can load one web user control into antoher and then disposose the original? Thanks in advance hello. well, what ...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Web resources about - Is it possible to drag and drop controls freely on Panel web control? - asp.net.web-forms

Donald Trump in spat with 'dopey' Saudi Prince as Muslim row rumbles on
Telegraph.co.uk Donald Trump in spat with 'dopey' Saudi Prince as Muslim row rumbles on Telegraph.co.uk Donald Trump, the Republican presidential ...

See aerial images of climate activists doing funky things in Paris
On Saturday, as U.N. climate negotiations plodded toward a finish, Friends of the Earth International staged a geolocation action. Its activists ...

The batter is strong with these 'Star Wars' themed pancakes
You should feel bad about burning your frozen waffles beyond recognition this morning. Youtube user Dancakes is back with another crazy detailed ...

Coachella Valley mosque fire was arson, say authorities
Christian Science Monitor Coachella Valley mosque fire was arson, say authorities Christian Science Monitor People at the Islamic Center of ...

Larwyn’s Linx: DHS Unable to Give Number of Syrians in U.S. or Number of Expired Visas
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation DHS Unable to Give Number of Syrians ...

Wood Green police shooting and the Turkish heroin war on the streets of London
A gangland feud which culminated in a dramatic attempt to free two men in Wood Green, north London from a prison van yesterday, began after a ...

Musk's Plan to Save the World From Advanced AI: Develop Advanced AI
Noted killer robot-fearer Elon Musk has a plan to save humanity from the looming robopocalypse: developing advanced artificial intelligence systems. ...

Top Android news of the week: Turing delay, SwiftKey Symbols, Android gets 3D Touch
This week in the world of Android we saw the first phone with 3D Touch capability, SwiftKey released app for verbally challenged users, and heard ...

Men of Faith Debate Ungodly New York Daily News Headline
Rare is the newspaper front-page headline that lingers in the public’s consciousness a week after publication, spurring ongoing and meaningful ...

Canadian PM welcomes first Syrian refugees
Justin Trudeau tells crowds waiting to welcome Syrian refugees that it's a wonderful night where Canada gets to show the world how to open their ...