IO Error - file not found

VS.Net 2003 and C#

I know I'm missing something simple here, but this will not find the file and it is there....

m_Bitmap = (Bitmap)Bitmap.FromFile(

this.imgTest.ImageUrl, false);

The image url is relative and the path is correct. - "images/myImage.gif"

Thanks,

Zath

0
Zath

Are you sure you don't need an absolute path for that method?

Peter Brunone
MS MVP, ASP.NET
Founder, EasyListBox.com
Do the impossible, and go home early.
0
PeterBrunone
5/8/2006 6:11:15 PM
you have to use an absolute path. server.mappath(this.imgtest.Imageurl)
0
dlmac
5/8/2006 6:13:32 PM

Yep, knew it had to be something simple I was missing.  Even tried the absolute path but I forgot all those streamreaders I've done with the server.mappath.

Thanks,

Zath

0
Zath

Strange VS.NET Web Form Designer Error
Suddenly I get an error while loading a web form into VS.NET 2002: The file failed to load in the Web Form Designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: Type Abstract. Then the "aspx.vb" page opens and the aspx page in HTML mode. The page derives from another page containing some common procedures. This base page has no controls and can be opened in the Designer. But I used this technique before and had no problemsuntil now. What means "Type Abstract" in this context ? Why are there no web Form Designer Error explainations in the Help ? ...

Email Web Form error: Ambiguous match found
Hi all, When I try to browse my web form, I get this unhandled error: "System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found". I don't even see the aspx page. Visual Studio does not report any code errors. I have not found a post in this forum that deals with this and some of the referred resources don't recognise this error either. I have ensured that the relay option in smtp properties is enabled. Thanks for having a look. My code: Imports System.Web.Mail Public Class WebForm1     Inherits System.Web.UI.Page     Private Sub...

error trying to create web form from visual studio.net
I get the following message when I try to create a web form from visual studio. Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web applications or services. I downloaded and installed ASP.NET version 1.1. Why am I getting this message? Thanks, Keith Stallings Try running aspnet_regiis -i from the .Net Framework's bin directory to see if it corrects the problem....

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Create web form with Web Matrix "error"
I have created the web form (Filterd Data Report) with Web Matrix, but when I run the following error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30289: Statement cannot appear within a method body. End of method assumed.Source Error: Line 62: Sub DataGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Line 63: Line 64: Function MyQueryMethod(ByVal empno As...

How can view a Web form error from my intranet web server?
I am accessing a intranet web server.  I get a error in the browser.  How can get the exact error that is being produced. May be you can log the errors to event log or to some file! See if http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/961301 helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

visual studio not giving compile errors even if there are errors in a web form
Hi , I am having problems with my visual studio 2005 product. This is my configuration. Visual studio 2005 Professional Edition on windows vista computer. I have a web site project and some other class projects referenced in the web site. Let's say if I change a function name in the class library and if that function is used in several web forms, when I compile the solution I am not getting any errors. Now when I access that page, it gives an error in the browser. I set up the web site project to compile each web form into its separate dll. so I am thinking when I rebuild the solution...

Error with web form
Hi I Found this error message when i was creating a web form for the first time (Web access failed) the defult web access mode is set to fornt page ........ hello, u have to explain more, what r u using ? asp.net. do u have IIS, do u have .net framework 1.1 installed ? do u have the .net sdk installed ? could u show us some code and the exact error ?Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Web resources about - IO Error - file not found - asp.net.web-forms

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Google translated Russia to 'Mordor' in 'automated' error
Google releases a statement after one of its online tools translated "Russian Federation" to "Mordor".

Error 404: Security insights found
... are generally associated with client requests 500 - 599 are generally server related For the casual web user, an encounter with a 404 error ...

Google Translate ‘technical error’ labels Russia as evil kingdom of ‘Mordor’
... of the Rings’ fiery, evil kingdom of Mordor, and its foreign minister is a “sad little horse,” according to a Google Translate “technical error” ...

RANKED: The best and most ridiculous 404 error pages on presidential campaign websites
... machine gun . That may seem a tad unusual, but it's become commonplace this campaign season for candidates to put together priceless 404 error ...

Avoiding errors and issues at the hospital - Videos - CBS News
More than 35 million Americans a year spend at least one night in a hospital, and the system may seem complicated to navigate. Dr. Tara Narula ...

US sailors made 'navigational error' : Pentagon
The 10 U.S. sailors held by Iran before being released on Wednesday made a navigational mistake, the U.S. military said on Thursday.

Carter: 'Navigational error' led sailors to Iran waters - CNNPolitics.com
... were within three miles of Iran's Farsi Island when the Iranians took them. "I think that this much is clear, there was a navigational error ...

Unlike Mozilla, Google anticipated SHA-1 errors from HTTPS traffic inspection systems
Earlier this week, Mozilla was forced to backpedal on banning new SHA-1 digital certificates because the move completely cut off some Firefox ...

Ted Cruz: Failure To Report Goldman Sachs Loan A 'Paperwork Error'
Old Tailgunner Ted feigned ignorance and had the nerve to play the poverty card when asked about the loan he "forgot to mention" to the FEC from ...