In my Global asax file aDo I need the code below newmail.fields.add and why do I need them?

In my Global asax file aDo I need the code below newmail.fields.add   and why do I need them?
The first one works but it puts my password in the code.
I am using IIS smtp mail and VS 2003

Also noted below, I have an outlook email account (the first one below password and name changed )
 and a msn.com email account
The outlook email account works but the msn account does not?

newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", "1")

                    'newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername", "kenn@dtyinc.net")

                    'newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword", "Password")

                    'SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mailserver"
                    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ""

newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", "1")

                    'newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername", "kenn@msn.com")

                    'newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword", "welcome")

                    'SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mailserver"
                    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ""

0
Kenn_rosie

Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" file to web server?
hi all...here is my problem......... Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" file to web server? let say my asp.net main form is "WebForm1.aspx, after i upload WebForm1.aspx to webserver, Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" or other file to the website? Hi, You need to upload your web.config file. If you are making use of your global.asax, then you need to upload the same. Making use, per say, you are storing some application variables etc., in the global.asax.vb or .cs files. Note that you don't nee...

how to design vb.net form with two fields that need to have ability to add a limitless number of values.
I have a form with 5 textboxes and 2 fields that need to have an endless number of options and I just don't know how to deal with this all on one form.  Questions 1-5 are basic demo graphic questions about a person (Name, address, etc) Question 6 asks you to provide insurance beneficiaries and their percentage, and there is no limit to the number of insurance beneficiaries you can have.  (You could list 100 beneficiaries, with each getting 1%) Question 7 asks the user to provide 401k benficiaries and their percentage, and again, there is no limit to the number you can have, ...

web user control
I am making a web user control that includes a gridview and a sqldatasource.  I am placing the web user control in a webpart.  I need to declare the datagrid withevents.  How can I get to the web designer generated code?  I guess this is off in a partial class?  Can I view that code? it seems one thing ASP.NET 2.0 improved is eliminate those generated codes, why you need those codes? why not just create an function and link it to the gridview?...

Need help in making xsl file to transform My given xml file to my needed xml file
 want's to need help in creating an xsl file to transform My current xml file data which is following <NewDataSet> <Table> <Title>MyFirstTitle</Title> <ExtraColumn1>2007-01-12T10:14:00+05:00</ExtraColumn1> <BookNumber>1181013</BookNumber> <CompanyName>TestComany1</CompanyName> <ZipCode>91006</ZipCode> <City>Arcadia</City> <State>CA</State> <Country>US</Country> <Description>TestDescription1</Description> <ExtraColumn2>See Book Description</ExtraCo...

Need to prompt client with Print Dialog from IE; need some format to print web form content
Have you ever been on a website, and it will have a link or button to "Print Something", and when pressed, the Windows print dialog will automatically appear?  Well that is what I need to do.  I am guessing it must be some Javascript or something in .NET to do this.  So here are my questions. 1. How do I show the user a print dialog box from IE when they click on a link or button on my ASP.NET page? 2. The content I want to print is just a long set of instructions in an ASP.NET text box.  What would be the best product/format to put this in that can ...

Need a code to create a Windows username and password from a web form
Hello! Anyone have an asp.net code witch can create a username and password on a Windows XP platform from a web interface? A .NET web server is running on this machine and I want to make a registration page and then generate a username and password. Thanks, -Spoon You want a .net webserver to create a windows account? So anyone can login to your site then make a windows account? This doesn't sound very safe.Chris Paterra ...

May i store Connection String in Global.asax File how? suggestions are needed
Hi , My requirements are to store connection string in web.config file and access it inside Global.asax file once  and call inside code behind. it Pervents hitting web.config file again and again. suggest me which one is best way. Best Reagrdslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Hi Dear,Your thinking is right but hitting web.config file in other word you are access one element value from web.config file. Please Refer my comment and suggestion to store and access the value from and into Global.asax The global.asax file setup by Visual Studio.NET gives every ...

Need help to add some cutom fields in dnn 3.1 registration form
Hi, I would really appreciate if somebody helps me on this. I am in a position to add few custom registration fields on top of the dnn core registration fields. so i bought UcanUse module to accoplish the need. Thru UcanUse i can create new fields but i cant align them properly. now my registration form looks...uhhh ugly and UcanUse is giving some problems like when i start the portal, i can modify anything without signing as admin/host(may be this part i am missing something!). Please help me on this. Thanks.Mani...

Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I've posted in the ASP.NET forum as someone suggested, but I got no response and am still unable to use the software. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I AM in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page because all the controls are disabled (the toolbar is visible, just everything within it is disabled). I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everythin...

Need to dynamically add or remove a textbox field to code on dynamic link button click
Hi, I have a modification to make on my page that I need help with. Currenty, when a user clicks to add data, I dynamically add 2 drop downlists and 2 buttons and a link button to my code. what I need to do is when the user clicks the dynamically created link button, add a textbox to my page, label it with the right ID and enable user to add information to it and when user clicks one of the buttons to submit, collect all the information selected from the drop down as well as information entered in to the textbox IF it exists. How do I handle the creating of the dynamic textbox as well...

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

help! need advice on best way to do database driven add/edit/search type web forms...
Thanks to the lovely folks on this form, and way too much time.. I have now filled up my SQL tables from my old access tables, i have created a form that hooks into the database and pulls fields out to populate drop down boxes and have little red * that show up if a field isn't filled in... my method:create new form ->pull over listbox - connect to datasource to fill up listbox w/ topics... repeat several times -> pull over input text boxes -->drag over Submit button-->drag over 'RequiredFieldValidator' and set it to the list boxes.... problems:1. (in VisWebDev...

Need Code to locate a file in a directory and download that file
Hi,  I am really suffering with this problem. Please help me in this issue. I have a directory that contains some files. Now my code needs to locate that directory and i will pass the file name. Now i want to locate that file in that directory and needs to download that file.  I am getting the code download file and i am not able to locate the dierectroy and to download the file. Can any body help me in this issue. Your help saves me a lot. Thanks N Regards, Vallamreddy Venu GopalDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Web resources about - In my Global asax file aDo I need the code below newmail.fields.add and why do I need them? - asp.net.web-forms

Microsoft's Newmail to replace Hotmail
... leaked images of a new interface seem to confirm that Microsoft is working on a massive overhaul of its Hotmail e-mail service. Dubbed "Newmail," ...

Microsoft Hotmail Is Going Metro (But Won’t Be Called “Newmail”) - TechCrunch
... and they've now amassed a whole collection of screenshots showing the new Hotmail in action. In the photos, the service is oddly branded "Newmail." ...

Newmail-Message
Sarah currently works as a writer for TechCrunch, after having previously spent over three years at ReadWriteWeb. Prior to becoming a professional ...

Move Over, Hotmail… It’s Time for Newmail
... that they were replacing Hotmail. With what, you may wonder? Well, with nothing other than the obvious and not-so-cleverly-named Newmail. Yep, ...

Newmail is Hotmail rebooted
... in a rejuvenation of the brand? After all, movies too, get rebooted like the Spiderman series, and with Hotmail, you have what they call Newmail, ...

Twitter

Microsoft unveils Windows 8-inspired "Outlook.com" freemail service
... clean mail interface that will be touch-friendly, respectful of your privacy, and accessible from any device,. Formerly known only as "NewMail," ...

Microsoft May Update Hotmail With Its First Major Redesign In Years
... and feel that resembles the Windows 8 Metro interface. The screengrabs also suggest that Microsoft has changed the name of the service to Newmail, ...

DavidLitchfield.com
Security vulnerabilities I've found CVE IDs Papers on Buffer Overflows An Introduction to Heap overflows on AIX 5.3L , August 2005 Buffer ...

Hotmail replacement arrives, is aptly named Newmail
... they're culminating with its replacement. Following Microsoft's tradition of creative branding, the new Hotmail will reportedly be called Newmail. ...