Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database.

Hey there - I'm sort of new to this and have a question - which in itself is probably easy, I'm just having trouble finding it.

I need to import a text file - possibly later an excel file - into a SQL database via a web-form upload function. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A tutorial page that you know of or sample code, possibly?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
0
holdesb

Take a look @ :
- Reading a Delimited File Using ASP.Net and VB.Net
-
HTH
K B Shajudeen
AreYaar.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
0
shaji
11/20/2003 7:55:36 PM
That was perfect - thank you!
0
holdesb

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

Is it possible to allow user to download file (text document) to their handphone using Mobile Web Form?
Hi everyone Anybody knows whether is it possible to create a download and search features in mobile web form. I have display a list of items (menu) in the mobile web form and user are allow to download to its handphone and view it later. I have created the relevant form but counldn't link it up. Anybody know how to connect it? Do I need any port in order to connect it (such as smtp or ftp)? Hope anybody will reply. Regards...

Create a text file from a web form
Is there an open-source tool that can be used to create a simple web form that prompts for some basic information and then create a text file on the users workstation. What I want to do is to create a standard e-mail signature file for my users. To do that I was thinking of prompting them for their information and then formatting that information into a html file that I would then save on their workstations for use. Ideally I'd also like to save a graphic image as well along with the html file. I need to do something that does not require any code to be installed on the...

save web form on text file
hi evry body sorry i'm not good at english. i've design one page taht contain a data grid. i would like to know that can i Save my Page with results on Data grid into text file?(i dont use any picture and graghical tools in my application) in fact my problem is our company has Line Printers and i want to print my data and design(My webform). first i have to save my data with design(My webform) into text file then do printing. my page has Header and Page number and Report number and Company name and region name and city name and list of data on grid. thanks for your help. hi ...

Web forms and mobile web forms

How to insert audio files and play audio files in a web form
Hi, 1) Could you please post a sample code which shows how to save an audio file and play an audio file from server? 2) Which of the following way is better for performance?         a) Save the audio file to a folder in the server and save the name of the file in database.         b) Save the audio file directly to database in binary format. Requirement is that Many people will be accessing the site and the same file at the same time. If anybody has any code for saving and playing audio file,...

how to read a .txt file from .net (web form)
hi, how to read a .txt file line by line and place the contents in a .xls file. ex: if sample.txt file is... Name: abc Company: xyz info ltd. i want abc and xyz info ltd to be cut and saved in .xls file. i already have a .xls template with name and company fields. send solution.......

Exporting data from web form to excel file
I have a page with datgrid and one button called export into excel. I use this code to export data into excel sheet. If my excel file size become more then 50k then i am having error and i can not open or save the excel file. Here is the code:  Server.ScriptTimeout = 12000 Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" dvwdetail = GetSQLData(VSQL) grdapex.DataSource = dvwdetail.Tables(0) grdapex.DataBind() If i have less row means the excel file size is less then 50k then it works fine but if i have more data file size is more then 50k then it give me error m...

Uploaded file via web form is locked
Name: Eugeny Email: eugenydotkuznetsovatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Uploaded file via web form is locked Comments: Hello. Cant rename, save or delete the file, which is uploaded via webform. It is locked by firefox (i guess since 3rd version). I use unlocker 1.8.5 to unlock but it's not comfortable. Thanks in advance Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to ...

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database. - asp.net.web-forms

Viral Channels: Hi5 Adds Contact Importing to App Invite Flow
... social networking platform I’ve seen, hi5 announced tonight that it is adding the ability for users to invite non-hi5 friends to apps by importing ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Sydney grandmother Lorn Cheng arrested for allegedly importing heroin in 252 pellets
Brenda filed a missing persons report last Friday, concerned that her mother hadn't returned from a holiday in Cambodia when she said she would. ...

Importing more fads from failed systems
Fast-tracking talented professionals into the classroom is yet another imported fad from England and the US - both of which are failed education ...

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...